Hi im new here, and new to guitars in general

I was wondering if you could tell me if this was a good guitar, I was going to buy it for $60

The people told me it is a les paul is that true?

You'll get what you pay for it. It's basically the lowest-end Epiphone LP unless I'm mistaken.
For $60? Hell, go for it and sell it to a dumb Buckcherry fan. I think the signature is most of the value here.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
ok thanks i wasnt sure b/c i thought one of my friends told me gibson made the les paul which is why i was confused
Bad guitar. Sell it to a Buckcherry fan on Ebay.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by KDizzle617
ok thanks i wasnt sure b/c i thought one of my friends told me gibson made the les paul which is why i was confused
Gibson does make the Les Paul. But Gibson Les Pauls cost like $3000.

Epiphone is the cheaper more affordable Asian-made brand of Gibson. It's the same but with cheaper parts and labor. And this is the worst guitar Epiphone makes. So....yeah. Not too great, but the sig might be worth something to someone.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Sell it as "Les Paul Guitar Signed by Buckcherry." Price it at like, $200.

I've seen stupider things sell for more.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Gibson does make the Les Paul, but Gibson also owns Epiphone, a lower end brand that also makes Les Pauls and SGs and the like. Some Epiphones are great and well worth the money, but like someone else said, this looks to be the lowest of the lowest end. Doesn't mean it isn't worth $60 though.
60 bucks is reasonable, at least in europe, since it's worth twice as much new even if you buy it on line. However, I must warn you, if you plan on getting half serious and play often, this is really a shitty guitar... Or at least, the one I owned was.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
For $60 you can't really go wrong...
Probably be smart to do what 90% of the people here have said and turn around and make a profit. You could definitely get a better guitar if you sold it at like 500% mark up.
Main Gear:
Epi Les Paul Ultra II
Bastard Telecaster
Pignose Legendary 7-100

Manga I'm reading!!!
Bleach, OP, Naruto, GE, Rosario+Vampire, Soul Eater, Kyou Kara Ore Wa, Kimi No Iru Machi, HSD Kenichi, and many more!!!
You'd really have to try it out to see if it's playable. The Spec IIs are the cheapest LPs with laminate bodies, bolt on necks and cheapest HW. Really it's a starter guitar at best. BUt if the action is OK and it plays and stay in tune, it would do till you're ready to step up. These are about $150 new I think ($200 w/ a starter amp in a starter pack)
Moving on.....
^ my old special II didn't stay in tune all that well, and had awfull intonation, plus the action was bad at the best, and couldn't get it any lower because it would allready buzz the way it was. Not to mention the muddiest pickups ever.

Really it's an awfull guitar, It was the reason I was getting discouraged until I got my PRS se.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by KenG
You'd really have to try it out to see if it's playable. The Spec IIs are the cheapest LPs with laminate bodies, bolt on necks and cheapest HW. Really it's a starter guitar at best. BUt if the action is OK and it plays and stay in tune, it would do till you're ready to step up. These are about $150 new I think ($200 w/ a starter amp in a starter pack)

yes i agree.i may not be the best but like you said your just starting so for $60 go for it.
www.guitarcenter.com/epiphone
Quote by KenG

+1

Also, There are a few models of epiphones in the 90's that have
gibson truss rod covers...So dont be fooled into thinking they are gibsons.
The covers are actually stock.

Regardless of how it plays, it would be a nice collector's item for
a Buckcherry fan.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Oct 3, 2010,
Quote by Washburnd Fretz
+1

Also, There are a few models of epiphones in the 90's that have
gibson truss rod covers...So dont be fooled into thinking they are gibsons.
They covers are actually stock.

Regardless of how it plays, it would be a nice collector's item for
a Buckcherry fan.

whay do you mean there coavers are stock on the gibsson trussrod
It's not really a big deal, but there are Epiphones in the mid 90's made in Korea
that had Gibson truss rod covers. They were actually part of the design from the
factory.

It can be confusing to some people.

Some think the covers were simply put on to fool people into thinking they are high end.
Others may actually not know about Epiphone and think they are Gibby counterfeits and sell them cheap.

some models with bolted on necks have similar plates..this is my 99 lp-100
It plays so great, it really makes me wonder if some of these old manufacturers are
the ones making the Agiles.
Attachments:
lp100.jpg
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Oct 3, 2010,