What is the best Tuner for the money:

-Korg Pitchblack
-Sonic Research Turbo Tuner
-TC Electronics Polytune
-anything else you recommend?

I've been leaning on the Pitchblack since I don't want to spend over 100, and I don't really care for the Polytune function. Any other suggestions/recommendations?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Boss TU2
1999 US Lonestar Strat, 2002 Duesenberg CC, Vox AC15H1TV

PedalTrain2 & Diago PowerStation: TU2, GE7, CryBaby (GCB-95), Carl Martin Comp, '81 Keeley TS9, Jekyll & Hyde v1, NS2, VP Jr, MM4, RV600, DD5, DD7, TC Nova. Cable:Mogami W2524+Neutrix NP2RXB
Quote by boxman2000
Boss TU2

I actually am trying to sell it, for the money it seems there are better options than it.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
IMO Korg pitchblack>boss TU2.

Have you tried out the polytune? Its actually really good, lets you see which strings are out of tune easily. If you still dont like that function, the pitchblack is the one to go for.
Quote by Sputnik1

This is also an option, but would it be worth going to the Korg compared to this?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by WtrPlyr
Turbo Tuner is the only one that won't make you look back in a year or so.

But it is also way more expensive, is it even worth it to be that accurate?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
It's only $30 more expensive. Get it used or just go work for half a day and you've earned it. It's worth it.
Just don't get the Polytune. It's an awesome concept and it's great TC Electronics wants to innovate, but it isn't ideal in practice. IMHO at least.
Quote by WtrPlyr
It's only $30 more expensive. Get it used or just go work for half a day and you've earned it. It's worth it.
Just don't get the Polytune. It's an awesome concept and it's great TC Electronics wants to innovate, but it isn't ideal in practice. IMHO at least.

I can't find one used, and I'm looking at the Pitch Black which is 70 and even cheaper when bought used. So its more like twice as expensive.
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I would get the Polytune. Seen it in action, works great even if you DON'T use the polytune feature, it's as good as pretty much any other tuner...WITH the poly feature, it winds big.

I currently have a Korg Pitchblack...and it IS very nice, but I would trade for a polytune any day. I would NOT trade for a Turbo Tuner.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
I've got a polytune and while it works very well as a regular tuner, the polytune function is not perfect, it tends to always think the lower strings are too low even when i just tuned them perfectly using the individuals
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by acdclandon
But it is also way more expensive, is it even worth it to be that accurate?

I dont know if it will be for you, but it is definitely worth it IMO. We've got a Pitchblack at the shop where I work, I tuned my JPM with it, then again at home with my Turbo Tuner and I could hear the difference.
I know it sound pretty silly, but you would not believe how much of a difference actually being (almost) perfectly in tune makes to your sound.