Alright... I need some help with Sharps. Let's say F-Sharp. When it Indicates to play a F-Sharp are all F Notes Sharped on that measure until the end of the measure? Thanks.
Last edited by CryingLightning at Oct 2, 2010,
Yes

edit: Guy above me, if the key is F sharp, that means you play an F sharp if you see an F natural...
Quote by Im_Broken
only if the key signature is F#.
but no, not usually

Ah thank you very much

So if the Key Signature is F#, I play the F# for that Measure. Thanks.

So if it indicates a F# whats not in the key signature, I don't play all F's as F#'s? Thanks.
Quote by Im_Broken
only if the key signature is F#.
but no, not usually

Actually, even if the sharp is not in the key signature, but is notated, then it holds true for all Fs in that measure, unless there is a natural.
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
Actually, even if the sharp is not in the key signature, but is notated, then it holds true for all Fs in that measure, unless there is a natural.

Ah, So I nailed it down yesterday. If it's not in the Key Signature I still play the #'s in that measure, and if there is a Natural it will block out the sharp. If so I got it down, Thanks.
Quote by CryingLightning
Ah thank you very much

So if the Key Signature is F#, I play the F# for that Measure. Thanks.

So if it indicates a F# whats not in the key signature, I don't play all F's as F#'s? Thanks.

No. If the key signature if F#, what looks like an F natural is an F sharp. If it is another key and an F# is indicated, that F and all Fs after that until the end of the measure are sharped.
Quote by Insira
No. If the key signature if F#, what looks like an F natural is an F sharp. If it is another key and an F# is indicated, that F and all Fs after that until the end of the measure are sharped.

Alright thanks.
Quote by Gyoung1991
I don't understand why people post when they don't actually know the answer.

you realize that you contradict yourself with that post right?

... dammit
Quote by rickyj
you realize that you contradict yourself with that post right?

... dammit

No?
Quote by Insira

This.

If the key signature contains an F#, then ALL F's are played sharp (unless altered with an accidental). They key signature is in place so the music doesn't look as cluttered and to save time from writing out sharps or flats for EVERY non-natural note in the key.

Accidentals stay in effect for one measure or until another accidental comes up within the same measure, for the same note.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Quote by FacetOfChaos
This.

If the key signature contains an F#, then ALL F's are played sharp (unless altered with an accidental). They key signature is in place so the music doesn't look as cluttered and to save time from writing out sharps or flats for EVERY non-natural note in the key.

Accidentals stay in effect for one measure or until another accidental comes up within the same measure, for the same note.

Alright, Appreciate the post. Got it nailed down fully. Cheers.