I left my regular amp at my sisters house and the only amp I got over here is my old marshall avt20. It doesn't have an FX loop (nothing labeled return or send) so I'm thinking about just plugging in all my effects into the regular input once I get a couple of patch cords. So my questions are

1. Will any unforseen problems occur? I'm not really amp savvy and I really don't want to damage anything

2. Power supply: I recently got two new pedals (MXR Carbon Copy Delay, Boss PS- Supershifter) I've never had more than 2 effects connected in the regular input(usually equalizer and distortion), I don't even use the FX loop input in my other amp. But once I get some more patch cords I'm thinking about putting in my phaser, the 2 new pedals and the distortion and equalizer for a total of 5 pedals. I've never used more than 2 at once so I'm wondering if this might be too much stuff plugged into a surge protector and if the quality of the effects will be affected.
Last edited by LightxGrenade at Oct 2, 2010,
1. It might sound different, but I see no problem.

2. Not sure, but someone else will know.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
1. You won't damage anything. It's not like pedal won't work in front of your amp. They won't notice the difference unless for input impedance.

2. Depends if your PSU can deliver the needed amounts of mA
Thanks, I was just worried because I've never used so many pedals at once and I figured an FX loop input was necessary for so many pedals. I dunno whenever I mess around with the amp I always imagine it blowing up in my face lol. But thank you both for answering my question.
Quote by LightxGrenade
Thanks, I was just worried because I've never used so many pedals at once and I figured an FX loop input was necessary for so many pedals. I dunno whenever I mess around with the amp I always imagine it blowing up in my face lol. But thank you both for answering my question.

There isnt a set limit on when you should use the FX Loop, the loop is there for time based effects, because they generally sound better in the loop (although some people still like them out the front). Distortion and boost, wah, compressors etc should be run in front of the amp.