Hi there folks.

I need some help. I've been trying to get a sound like a7x with my gear. Using a Synyster Standard guitar, Vox Tunelab LE and Transtube Bandit 112. But I never get a sound that is near a7x. I know that I need equipment worth thousands of dollar to get a sound like they have.
But I would appreciate it very much if anyone could help me with what settings I could use on my gear. Any info at all would be great. Like what Pedal I should use or AMP, cab, Mod, delay, reverb and they settings for all effects like how much Drive, Gain, Tone or Treble and etc.
And by the way I mostly need help with settings to the Tonelab. But setting up the Bandit would help too.
Hope some kind soul can help me

Thank you /Andriiaz
lots of distortion and overdrive...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
They use uberschalls, and their tone is very similar to that signature deep,bassy,thick and rich tone of a Mesa Dual rec. Look into it.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by adj209
They use uberschalls, and their tone is very similar to that signature deep,bassy,thick and rich tone of a Mesa Dual rec. Look into it.

they switched over to JCM800s and JVMs when they got endorsed by Marshall.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
wear eyeliner and frizz your hair.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Heavily saturated british tone with lots more bottom end.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Synster's main tone is a Marshall with a Boss Compressor in front of it. He also uses a delay pedal but he says himself it does not matter what brand.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
They sound very MID -y on nightmare. Specially on stuff like natural Born killer and go hates us. They seem to have less distortion on that album, bit much justs a tad less.
Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmN0WP9cEw

Just kidding! I do not dislike them. I am, however, a big fan of owl316's work.

EDIT: But for real, the same guys makes fun of several of my favourite bands; they're all joke vids. How can you say you love a band if you can't laugh at it among other things?
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Last edited by BeerBlood at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by BeerBlood
Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfmN0WP9cEw

Just kidding! I do not dislike them. I am, however, a big fan of owl316's work.

EDIT: But for real, the same guys makes fun of several of my favourite bands; they're all joke vids. How can you say you love a band if you can't laugh at it among other things?

i'm sorry, but was that supposed to be funny? it looked like something a 4th grader does when he discovers "Write n' Talk" software and movie maker.

If you're going to make fun of a band, at least have the balls to use your own voice.

*i'm not defending A7x in any way, but seesh.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i'm sorry, but was that supposed to be funny? it looked like something a 4th grader does when he discovers "Write n' Talk" software and movie maker.

If you're going to make fun of a band, at least have the balls to use your own voice.

*i'm not defending A7x in any way, but seesh.
U mad bro? He makes fun of Metallica, Slayer, Nirvana, Iron Maiden, and a multitude of other bands. Metallica is, I daresay, my favourite band ever, and I laugh every time I hear his commentary. My point is it is funny. It wouldn't have the same effect if he just talked shit about them; no, a Microsoft product did it. Sorry you didn't enjoy the show. Try the Kanye West or Fall Out Boy vids if you only like hearing trash about artists you don't like.

I actually do have contributions to make here as well.

The tone is a popular hi-gain yet crisp and clear sound. Keep those drop tuned strings relatively tight and fatten up a nice British voicing (There are lots of pedals and amps that offer a British sound). Hope you find something acceptable to you. Also remember, studio tone is impossible to recreate for many bands without a, you know, studio, so focus on live tone when tweaking and experimenting.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.