how exactly do i connect my condenser mic to the audio interface? i'm mean, is there any order i have to follow?

should everything be connected before turning on the interface? when do i turn on phantom power? WILL MY MIC EXPLODE IF I DO IT WRONG???

thanks.
<3 u
Last edited by work sucks at Oct 2, 2010,
What kind of interface is it? What type of inputs does it have (XLR, 1/4"...)

What brand and model of mic is it?

Without knowing these things, we can't help you.
"Music Can Change The World Because It Can Change People..." - Bono

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING! SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION AHEAD!

hmm i wouldn't think that info would matter... i'd guess it's the same for all interfaces/mics...

(focusrite saffire 6, xlr, at2020)

i'm only asking a basic question about order... but i'm especially worried about the phantom power thing. does it need to be on before you connect the condenser mic? do you leave it on all the time? maybe these are stupid questions i'm putting a little too much thought into though, because nobody else has replied... i still need some affirmation though.
<3 u
when connecting and disconnecting condenser mics, always turn off phantom power and give it about 30 seconds to fully drain from the cables and system.

You can keep phantom on when working with dynamic mics however NEVER run phantom to ribbon mics as they will burn up. It's important to go over the user manuals for new mics and products so you don't break them messing around and trying things on your own.

Turning on:
Turn down preamps and turn off phantom power
Power up interface
Plug in mics and other things
Turn on phantom
Adjust gain
Set software

Turning off:
turn down preamps
turn off any phantom power
disconnect mics and other instruments
power down interface.
Quote by moody07747
when connecting and disconnecting condenser mics, always turn off phantom power and give it about 30 seconds to fully drain from the cables and system.

You can keep phantom on when working with dynamic mics however NEVER run phantom to ribbon mics as they will burn up. It's important to go over the user manuals for new mics and products so you don't break them messing around and trying things on your own.

Turning on:
Turn down preamps and turn off phantom power
Power up interface
Plug in mics and other things
Turn on phantom
Adjust gain
Set software

Turning off:
turn down preamps
turn off any phantom power
disconnect mics and other instruments
power down interface.

perfect, thanks! that's all i needed to know.
<3 u