Any exercises I can do to improve my pinky strength?
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Quote by TheIntruder
Any exercises I can do to improve my pinky strength?

Every exercise, using your pinky. Maybe Steve Vai's odd chromatic excises.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by Caressing Death
Every exercise, using your pinky. Maybe Steve Vai's odd chromatic excises.

Thank you. Especially you
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Thrills using the pinky. As in try doing a thrill like
--12-15
When you get used to it do a thrill like 12-16 then 12-14 etc. When you feel you're better do such thrills on the wider frets (eg: --1-4). At least that helped me a lot. Another thing which helped me is to do an exercise like
--5h8s7s8p5 or in a normal way fret the string with your index, hammer on the 8 with the pinky, slide to 7 return to 8 then pull-off. That helped a lot
Try these + similar exercises they helped me a lot, really
Chop off your two middle fingers.

but seriously?
my pinky is very strong cause I use it.

so use it!
Chromatics.
Weird Chord exercises
Legato licks.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by Nameless742
Chop off your two middle fingers.

but seriously?
my pinky is very strong cause I use it.

so use it!
Chromatics.
Weird Chord exercises
Legato licks.

Just saying if there were any exersises or anything that used the pinky finger a lot.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

Quote by Burgery
I practice all the modes, because you need to use your pinky in them if you want to be efficient. ex:

1 3 5, index, middle, pinky.
SCARIFIED! XD
but seriously folks, learning arpeggios, tapping, and legato will help your pink$y
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Try going down and up the strings doing

(frets)

E 1 - 5
A 2 - 6
D 3 - 7
G 4 - 8
B 5 - 9
E 6 - 10

Should strengthen it up, and also use it regularly
You could practice some rapid transitions to 6 chords with the root held by the pinky on the A string.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
I do a ton of hammer ons with my pinky to strengthen it up.
3-7
5-8
7-10
8-12
Or just dance up and down the fret board doing hammer ons. It's not gonna get strong over night, but when you notice that the strain in your pinky isn't there anymore you'll be pleased.
Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded.

-Jimi Hendrix-
In general, just use it as much as possible. To accelerate the process, you can come up with some pattern that use the pinky a lot, and apply it to 3 nps scale patterns. For example, if you were practicing the 3 nps form of A minor in the 5th position, you could do:
5-8-5-8-7-8-7-8 (6th str)
5-8-5-8-7-8-7-8 (5th str)
5-9-5-9-7-9-7-9 (4th str)
5-9-5-9-7-9-7-9 (3rd str)
6-10-6-10-8-10-8-10 (2nd str)
7-10-7-10-8-10-8-10 (1str str)

If you're not used to using your pinky much, that will give it a workout-and-a-half. Good luck, and stick with it - having good use of your pinky will really open up your lead playing options.
do trills between your ring and pinky fingers. that will really help
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw