Hello. I am looking for a new guitar. I play a lot of modern rock, blues, metal, and jazz. I have been playing for almost 2 years, but yet I know a lot of guitar stuff and know how to "speak guitar". Which of these guitars do you think is best? I know each performs well in tonality, but which of these could stay in tune well? My previous two guitars COULD NOT stay in tune, which is a huge pain, so now since I have $1188 in job money, i'm looking for a new guitar.

* Ibanez RG2EX1 WITH Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar?sku=519783

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP228-Crunch-Lab-Bridge-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=583023

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP227-LiquiFire-Neck-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=583022

* Ibanez Ibanez RG2550E RG Prestige Series
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG2550E-RG-Prestige-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=514210

If there are any BETTER guitars, tell me about it with a link to it. THanks.
Ibanez IJX121
The RG Prestige will almost certainly stay in tune better because of the locking nut. It will probably play more smoothly, too.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
None of them. I do not like bass wood bodies.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
None of them. I do not like bass wood bodies.

Then which guitar do you think i should get with $1188?
Ibanez IJX121
Get sperzel locking tuners and stick them on your old guitar. Keep the $1100 in change. Problem solved.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
you could always go with a good ol les paul. you could snag a standard with that money. or an sg, flying v, explorer.

esp's are gewd to, schecter.

you have a good sum of money.

you COULD buy a neck and body off of warmoth and throw some electronic in it. might require a tad more money though.

plenty of options.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by MusicFiend2310
I heard this one's good, if you like A7X. It looks pretty cool, must play well

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar/dp/B000Z33IOM

The other guy in my band has one of these. Don't get it. It doesn't really compare tonally to my Ibanez Prestige. It may be a little heavier but the tones are very bland and simple.

AND

You look like a ****** fanboy who buys guitars not for their value as an instrument but for their image.
Quote by Guitar Sushi

AND

You look like a ****** fanboy who buys guitars not for their value as an instrument but for their image.

THIS.
PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE PERFORMANCE.
that's all that matters, not some nob-ends name or a cool graphic.
Go try some guitars out TS.
I would recommend Ibanez myself, or Jackson.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by MusicFiend2310
I heard this one's good, if you like A7X. It looks pretty cool, must play well

http://www.amazon.com/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar/dp/B000Z33IOM

Read UG for another two or three months, then start posting.
Quote by Guitar Sushi

Prestige ftw!
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
Good old American Strats have always been my favourite. However, proper Japanese ESP guitars (or even the LTD Deluxe line) are very, very good.

If you're worried about staying in tune, get a guitar with a TOM bridge like a Les Paul, and fit locking tuners. It will never go out of tune.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
So I guess I should go with the prestige then?

out of those guitars, yes
but tuning change will be a nuisance so keep that in mind.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
So I guess I should go with the prestige then?

you should go with what you like and feels good.

would you ask strangers to pick out your girlfriend or dog for you?
Quote by PunkGuitaristx
Then which guitar do you think i should get with $1188?

For that kind of money it is time to go out shopping. There is no way in hell I can tell what feels good in hand or pleases the your ears.But,to play the game.... a Gibson Les Paul.Not a cheap ass copy the real thing.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
what kind of amp do you have?
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
To me, Ibanez sound cool but are over-rated. Instead, get a Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster or Jackson Dinky or Jackson Soloist
Quote by Fitzzz15
To me, Ibanez sound cool but are over-rated. Instead, get a Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster, Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster or Jackson Dinky or Jackson Soloist

I love how you say Ibanez is over rated then mention Gibson. You're a very funny person
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by Damaging_Excess
I love how you say Ibanez is over rated then mention Gibson. You're a very funny person

+1

I'd go with the Prestige, definitely.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Quote by Damaging_Excess

what's overrated to you, may not be overrated to someone else.

i too think ibanez is overrated.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode
Ibanez RG2550E RG Prestige Series
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Guitar Sushi
The other guy in my band has one of these. Don't get it. It doesn't really compare tonally to my Ibanez Prestige. It may be a little heavier but the tones are very bland and simple.

AND

The annoying thing is, I played it and I really liked it, but I know there's no way to play it without looking like a total fanboy.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
My MIA Strat gets played every day and stays in tune. Just about in your budget, may not be the sound you want, of course.
TJ
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Just saying that everyone and their grandmother can agree Gibson's are over hyped. I'm not trying to defend the Ibanez since I find really nothing special about every Ibanez I have played but I can say the same about Gibson
My Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncans
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads
Fender Frontman 25R (Want to upgrade badly)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion
Quote by jimihendrix6699

well...
what guitars do you find underrated?
what do you think of fenders and gibsons?
what kind of neck do you like?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Arterial
well...
what guitars do you find underrated?
what do you think of fenders and gibsons?

hagstroms are nice. sterlings are pretty cool too imo.

i dont care for fender necks, but ther good guitars.

and for gibson...i prefer them. but if im going to buy, it ol be used.
unless i shit out 4000$ in which i'll buy a gibson les paul custom silverburst...or have first act make me a custom guitar, or something else custom.
Quote by Nelsean

Quote by The_Blode