I'm really contemplating buying the new AC15 C1.. I'm just looking for peoples opinions on the amp before I buy it.

Thanks!
Well, to begin with, it's no AC30. However, it's a very good amp in its own way. What other amps have you compared it with?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
Well, to begin with, it's no AC30. However, it's a very good amp in its own way. What other amps have you compared it with?

I want a British sound, so it was really down to the AC15 or the Tiny Terror?
Quote by brady14
I want a British sound, so it was really down to the AC15 or the Tiny Terror?

The tiny terror is a 2 channel amp, right? So you can get fairly heavy distortion. The AC15 is a traditional amp, that you can overdrive at high volumes or with a bvoost pedal. They're very different sounding amps.

And by British, do you mean Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, and those cool kids, or are we talking Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Saxon, Motörhead and those other NWOBHM types? Or even more recently - Muse and Radiohead and Coldplay?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by seemeel
The tiny terror is a 2 channel amp, right? So you can get fairly heavy distortion. The AC15 is a traditional amp, that you can overdrive at high volumes or with a bvoost pedal. They're very different sounding amps.

And by British, do you mean Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, and those cool kids, or are we talking Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Saxon, Motörhead and those other NWOBHM types? Or even more recently - Muse and Radiohead and Coldplay?

By British I mean a British amp! Like Vox, Orange - Those kind!

The TT is a single channel.
Quote by seemeel

pretty sure he means voicing of the amp. as in amps regardless of genre all have a certain voicing that can be either american(fenders etc) or british(vox, marshall, orange, etc).

ac15 would sound more vintage over the tiny terror IMO...

but always heard the phrase ac15minutes when talking about ac15s as in they are prone to breaking...thats what i've heard though perhaps quality control has gotten better.
Would 15watts be loud enough to play with a drummer for practicing, not mic'ed? He isn't very heavy handed!
Quote by brady14
Would 15watts be loud enough to play with a drummer for practicing, not mic'ed? He isn't very heavy handed!

for practice it would work, i've gigged with a blues junior which is 15watts, but i was mic'd and the drummer had a drum shield...but not being heavy handed and a regular practice space it could work. even if you have to turn it up a bit, ya it might break up some, but it would be a nice warm broken up clean which would still sound great.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
for practice it would work, i've gigged with a blues junior which is 15watts, but i was mic'd and the drummer had a drum shield...but not being heavy handed and a regular practice space it could work. even if you have to turn it up a bit, ya it might break up some, but it would be a nice warm broken up clean which would still sound great.

Thats the only time I would be using it without a mic.. I have read so many great reviews about the new AC15s, Vox have seemingly improved their design. I think the Vox is what I'll be buying?
Quote by brady14
Thats the only time I would be using it without a mic.. I have read so many great reviews about the new AC15s, Vox have seemingly improved their design. I think the Vox is what I'll be buying?

sounds like it, i've only own an ac30 but that sucker was extremely heavy!

then again im using a Bassman 4x10 so i'll never learn!
i think its a real nice amp with a speaker change and some nicer tubes.

very warm and very british.
mojostompboxes.com