I was asked to play a gig on a saturday morning at a bar for a brunch sort of thing. It will be just me, and the songs I'll be playing are mostly classic rock songs (which isno problem for me). But, they will be mostly acoustic covers of songs, because no one wants to listen to screaming electric guitar on a saturday morning at breakfast. I also won't be singing (most likely).

So my question to the pit is, what are some classic rock songs with fun and full guitar parts that I could do acoustic covers of?

Try to swim without getting wet - I dare you.
Wish you were here
stairway to heaven
Babe i'm gonna leave you
Tears in heaven
Blackbird
Yesterday
Hotel california

I answered a similar question yesterday, and i had about 30 odd songs on the list. check my previous posts and find the list that way.

EDIT: here's the post.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Last edited by seemeel at Oct 2, 2010,
if you convert the keyboards to guitar, the doors. stones. i feel like hendrix would make interesting acoustic stuff, but it would be hard to pull off... less to the point, screaming electric guitar is the best way to start your saturday
Carry on Wayward Son; Dust in the Wind-Kansas
Simple Man; Tuesday's Gone-Lynyrd Skynyrd
More Than a Feeling-Boston
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You-Led Zeppelin
Free Falling-Tom Petty
Love Me Two Time-The Doors
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by SGRocker400
if you convert the keyboards to guitar, the doors. stones. i feel like hendrix would make interesting acoustic stuff, but it would be hard to pull off... less to the point, screaming electric guitar is the best way to start your saturday

Hm....Hendrix is an interesting idea. I might see what I can do with that.
And personally, I love me some screaming electric guitar in the morning...but apparently hung over/still drunk customers don't....if I had it my way, I would definately bring it along...

Quote by seemeel
Wish you were here
stairway to heaven
Babe i'm gonna leave you
Tears in heaven
Blackbird
Yesterday
Hotel california

I answered a similar question yesterday, and i had about 30 odd songs on the list. check my previous posts and find the list that way.

EDIT: here's the post.

Good list...thank you.

Quote by chaoticfables
Asshole by Denis Leary.

Never heard of it.

Don't play any of the songs people have suggested so far, they are all songs that everyone has heard a million times already. I know I would be annoyed if I was out eating and heard someone playing wish you were here, stairway to heaven, hotel California, free bird, etc.
Smoke on the Water. Seriously. Write an acoustic cover of it. I once made an acoustic version of Paranoid by Black Sabbath.
it would be pretty hard on an acoustic and it takes a while to memorize if you dont know it but Cliffs of Dover also plug in baby by muse it isnt classic rock but its awesome and sounds good on acoustic kind of spanishy
"cufk, tish, sips"
-
Kurt Cobain
Pink Floyd and the Beatles have TONS of songs that translate very well into an electric guitar.

Across the Universe
With a Little Help from My Friends
A Day in the Life
Practically anything from Rubber Soul or Revolver

For the Floyd
Pigs on the Wing Parts 1 and 2
Vera
Hey You
Is There Anybody Out There
Breathe
Brain Damage/Eclipse

Also, Over the Hills and Far Away is a good choice for Zeppelin as is What is And What Should Never Be
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.