Hello UG players.I am in the market for a Univibe.And I was wondering if were a few people that have these.I'm looking for the best sounding one I can get.I can't afford the original but i'm sure I could scrounge enough cash for any of the copies.Right now it's a toss up between the Fulltone Deja Vibe 2 and the Sweetsound Mojo Vibe.They bolth sound awsome on Youtube.As far as reviews go these two stand out above the rest frome what i've read.Is there a better one than these?If not,does anybody have a preference between the two?

Thanks for any help.
Do you want more of a Hendrix really deep Uni Vibe tone or the smoother Trower type Uni Vibe tone? The Sweet Sound, KR Musical and Roger Mayer vibes all do killer Hendrix tones. The Fulltone does better for smooth, dark Trower tones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Do you want more of a Hendrix really deep Uni Vibe tone or the smoother Trower type Uni Vibe tone? The Sweet Sound, KR Musical and Roger Mayer vibes all do killer Hendrix tones. The Fulltone does better for smooth, dark Trower tones.

Well the truth is I was thinking along the lines of bolth Hendrix and Trower sound.
I guess i'm gonna have to go back and listen and A/B bolth.
Last edited by The Writ at Oct 2, 2010,
The Roger Mayer one can nail the Hendrix tones and still get fairly close to the Trower tones. Only down side is it's stupid expensive. Otherwise I'd go Sweet Sound. I'd rather have too much throb than not enough.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
The Roger Mayer one can nail the Hendrix tones and still get fairly close to the Trower tones. Only down side is it's stupid expensive. Otherwise I'd go Sweet Sound. I'd rather have too much throb than not enough.

Thanks man.I'd never even heard of the Roger Mayer one.I'm going to check that one out right now.
Roger Mayer tweaked all of Hendrix's original FX so no one knows the tone better than he does. He did some work for Trower as well but that was much later than his 'classic' recordings.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Roger Mayer tweaked all of Hendrix's original FX so no one knows the tone better than he does. He did some work for Trower as well but that was much later than his 'classic' recordings.

Ya,I think i'm looking for the Robin Trower Bridge Of Sighs sound.Its just so hard to tell real tone from listening to Youtube though.But I do believe thats what I want.
I agree with nightraven and greeny. I have the Deja'Vibe right now, killer vibe. I'm on the list for the aquavibe, so I'm gonna compare them and see which one I like best and if the Aquavibe is worth it.

The Sweet Sound is also very good, but I didn't really like the Roger Mayer. If I had to buy a vibe again now, I'd probably go for the Mojo Vibe or just wait for an Aquavibe.
i use a fulltone deja vibe. love it. haven't really compared it to others though. i have a clip of my deja vibe in my profile under 'voodoo vibe' if you want a listen.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by The Writ
Well the truth is I was thinking along the lines of bolth Hendrix and Trower sound.

If that's the case, Trower definitely uses a Deja Vibe.

I have a Fulltone MDV-2, and I can say that it's fantastic. The chorus mode is awesome for a real liquid, thick, dripping sound or a light leslie type sound. It's perfect for Hendrix, I feel, along the lines of Hey Baby (New Rising Sun). Just a touch of the MDV-2 and reverb makes for instant Hendrix.

The vibrato mode is pretty sweet, too, but I rarely use it. Sort of like Rivers of Avalon by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Some people have expressed concern that controlling the speed with a foot treadle might make it difficult to go to your favorite settings, but I found that just a few minutes of practice is all it takes to get comfortable with it.

And if you have one of the old, white Fulltone Clyde/Clyde Deluxe like I do, they look beautiful as a pair!
After stating that I sit down to play my guitar:

Quote by Venice King
So what?! She just sits on your lap while you finger her? You're sick.

...And not very original.

Then this would be true originality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOYLMnTt0s
Quote by hunterman
If that's the case, Trower definitely uses a Deja Vibe.

I have a Fulltone MDV-2, and I can say that it's fantastic. The chorus mode is awesome for a real liquid, thick, dripping sound or a light leslie type sound. It's perfect for Hendrix, I feel, along the lines of Hey Baby (New Rising Sun). Just a touch of the MDV-2 and reverb makes for instant Hendrix.

The vibrato mode is pretty sweet, too, but I rarely use it. Sort of like Rivers of Avalon by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Some people have expressed concern that controlling the speed with a foot treadle might make it difficult to go to your favorite settings, but I found that just a few minutes of practice is all it takes to get comfortable with it.

And if you have one of the old, white Fulltone Clyde/Clyde Deluxe like I do, they look beautiful as a pair!

Yep,i've decided to get the Fulltone.Now the question is witch one?Is the stereo option worth the extra money?Do I get the stomp box or the other one?{treadle?}
Quote by The Writ
Yep,i've decided to get the Fulltone.Now the question is witch one?Is the stereo option worth the extra money?Do I get the stomp box or the other one?{treadle?}

I've got the Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe (the stomp box version) and if you have enough space on your board (or if that pedal is bottom right on the board) then you can control the speed with your foot.
Quote by nightraven
stay well away from the kr megavibe...

It sounded pretty decent to me. Is there something I haven't heard about? Reliability issues? I've heard a few things about the innards but I've never seen any pics to judge for myself.

TS, do you have 2 amps you use in stereo? If not, get the single. Any Hendrix and Trower recordings I have use a mono Uni Vibe although stereo could be cool as fack.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Stereo vibe would be awesome but I don't think it's worth the extra moneyz. I have the Mini Deja Vibe (the stompbox) and I wouldn't really want the wah-style. I rarely adjust the speed while I'm playing and if I do, the big knob works nice for that.
Quote by The Writ

Quite a few years ago, Fulltone did used to make a treadle/stereo version of the Deja Vibe. It was pretty boxy and big, but not as big as an original Univibe, though, hehe. It also used a big old power cord, like the ones you use to hook up a computer tower or a monitor. From what I heard about them, the sound was pretty good, but less than stellar. I think it was in the days when Mike was tweaking them quite a bit. I got one of the first MDV-2s when it came out, and at the time, I was also considering a treadle/stereo deja vibe. I saw it sell for about $200, but ultimately, I'm glad I got the MDV-2. However, I haven't seen one since.

As others said, unless you got two amps to fully utilize the stereo effect, don't worry about a stereo version.

I have one note about the sound of the MDV-2: it's definitely a very, VERY thick effect. While you can do a subtle vibe, even at the lowest settings, you can clearly tell it's on. It's the least transparent effect that I've ever used. If you're looking for something subtle, this is not it. But, if you're in the market for a vibe, who wants it thin, right? Having said that, I'll also say that I love mine and don't regret buying it. Highly recommended to all.

Edit: did a little searching...it's the Deja 2 stereo. It's long OOP. Here are a few links.
http://www.tonetronix.com/pc/Fulltone-Dejavibe-2-Stereo/Fulltone-Custom-Guitar-Effects-Pedals/Fulltone-Custom-Guitar-Effects-Pedals.html
http://www.fulltone.com/DV2.asp
http://www.fulltone.co.uk/deja2.php
After stating that I sit down to play my guitar:

Quote by Venice King
So what?! She just sits on your lap while you finger her? You're sick.

...And not very original.

Then this would be true originality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOYLMnTt0s
Last edited by hunterman at Oct 4, 2010,
Quote by hunterman
Quite a few years ago, Fulltone did used to make a treadle/stereo version of the Deja Vibe. It was pretty boxy and big, but not as big as an original Univibe, though, hehe. It also used a big old power cord, like the ones you use to hook up a computer tower or a monitor. From what I heard about them, the sound was pretty good, but less than stellar. I think it was in the days when Mike was tweaking them quite a bit. I got one of the first MDV-2s when it came out, and at the time, I was also considering a treadle/stereo deja vibe. I saw it sell for about $200, but ultimately, I'm glad I got the MDV-2. However, I haven't seen one since.

As others said, unless you got two amps to fully utilize the stereo effect, don't worry about a stereo version.

I have one note about the sound of the MDV-2: it's definitely a very, VERY thick effect. While you can do a subtle vibe, even at the lowest settings, you can clearly tell it's on. It's the least transparent effect that I've ever used. If you're looking for something subtle, this is not it. But, if you're in the market for a vibe, who wants it thin, right? Having said that, I'll also say that I love mine and don't regret buying it. Highly recommended to all.

Thanks man.And thank you every one else for all the feedback.

I actually do have two nice Fender amps that I could use the stereo effect but i'm going to buy the regular stomp box.It's pretty much set in stone.I'm biding on one on ebay right now and if I cant get one from there for a good price i'll just buy a new one.

Thanks again every one.I feel really good about what i'm going to buy because of your input.

..............Update:The order has just been made from Sweetwater.Now comes the wait.
Last edited by The Writ at Oct 4, 2010,