A fresh recorded song, though only instrumental right now. I'll have the vocals done soon, but until then I though I'd get some feedback on it as it is. Keep in mind that it is a pop-punk song when listening to it. Also, it's best listened to with headphones, though not a necessity

Here's a link, it's in my band profile....
Link

Like usual, I'm looking for mixing feedback, as well as tones, song structure and general writing! Leave a link, and I will most definitely C4C
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Last edited by TasianSensation at Oct 19, 2010,
I heard the rhythm somewhere. I hate the tone, bass is too loud and original. Sounds like some old NOFX lol. It's pretty simple too. Can't wait to here the vocals.
Tasian,
I am reviewing "If Wishes Were Fishes": Guitar & bass sound rather familiar much of the time, but couldn't tell you where....I can vaguely hear it in my head, but I don't know the song title or the group. Otherwise, the riffs are good. Bass & guitar tones are good. Drums sound OK. Would be interested to hear vocals, maybe lead guitar with it. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366979
The progressions are the pop standard I V vi IV and vi IV I V... so many pop songs use them it's ridiculous. Just look up Axis of Awesome doing the 4 chords.

I got one person say good tone, one say bad... any other opinions on it (tone)?

Drums are entirely MIDI, so that might be why they sound a meh.

Thanks for the crits so far!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
I absolutely love the drum sounds. The rythm guitar sounds a little too wet to me, though - like there's too much chorus, reverb or flanger on it. The flanger on the lead guitar was kinda' cool, though, sounded quite original for the genre. The mix works well, though I think that the hi-hat might be panned a little bit too far to the right. Also, the crash cymbal sounds very sub-par when compared to the other drums - might use some equalizing. The songwriting is kinda' hard to judge without having the vocals, but the lead riff sounds good to me, if a bit generic, and I like how you varied the arrangement on the different "verses" and so.

All in all, production-wise it works well, but I think that a song like this is pretty much built on the vocals, so it's kinda' hard to judge the songwriting.

Please crit my music at https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362959
Nashaq,
Thanks for the crit! I don't know what you're hearing on the guitars though... The rhythm has no effect, just distortion, some eq and some compression. The lead has eq compression and some chorus. I'll definitely work on the crash sound. I realized that it sounded a little weak too!

Peacemaker,
Yeah, without vocals, or at least the vocal melody it is kind of just a generic pop-punk/rock song. I'll have a version with vocals hopefully soon!
Call me Michael...

Mixing

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
UPDATED:
Just finished recording vocals for this! Link is updated in OP to the new version. Check it out!
Call me Michael...

Mixing

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro