Can you use a router?
With a little bit of skill you should be able to route it out yourself. Otherwise, it'll have to be taken to a luthier. I'm not sure how much that'll cost, though. I'd guess $50-$100.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
If you look in your local business listings you should find people who work on guitars.

Guitar Center might do it, but I've heard of them refusing service on guitars over a certain price limit (i.e., the ones that work is really worth it on :p. You could call them and ask, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Well, yeah, they should be able to recess it at GC. If they won't, a smaller local chain will. MusicGoRounds usually have good guitar techs.
I’m confused. When did Fender stop making guitars with a whammy that you can’t pull up on? Factory standards for Strats has the bridge floating 1/8" off the body, and if the springs are loose it can float a hell of a lot higher than that.
Quote by jpnyc
I’m confused. When did Fender stop making guitars with a whammy that you can’t pull up on? Factory standards for Strats has the bridge floating 1/8" off the body, and if the springs are loose it can float a hell of a lot higher than that.

It's a Floyd Rose, not a standard Strat trem. They don't come recessed on this model.
Quote by Wisthekiller

Quote by Pink Muse
It's a Floyd Rose, not a standard Strat trem. They don't come recessed on this model.

Ahhhh, ok, I see the problem now. That is a kind of strange.
If you don't already own the guitar, I'd say find something else with a recessed floyd in it and change the pickups if you need to. I'm sure it can't be hard to find something that suits your needs right from the factory for around the same price.
^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Another +1 to W4RP1G.
It would cost a fair bit, probably around $200-500, depending on where you get it done.
Keep in mind, its not just as simple as routing a hole. You need to disassemble the whole guitar, remove the trem studs, route the recess (taking a lot of care to not destroy the finish in the process), re-drill the trem stud holes because they need to go deeper, reapply finish to the trem cavity, assemble the guitar and then setup the trem again.
And on top of that, they need to charge more as an insurance policy, if they mess up your guitar routing it like that, they need to be covered.
Quote by littlephil
Another +1 to W4RP1G.
It would cost a fair bit, probably around $200-500, depending on where you get it done.
Keep in mind, its not just as simple as routing a hole. You need to disassemble the whole guitar, remove the trem studs, route the recess (taking a lot of care to not destroy the finish in the process), re-drill the trem stud holes because they need to go deeper, reapply finish to the trem cavity, assemble the guitar and then setup the trem again.
And on top of that, they need to charge more as an insurance policy, if they mess up your guitar routing it like that, they need to be covered.

I think I'm going with W4RP1G then I could just buy another guitar instead of getting it recessed
"I’m confused. When did Fender stop making guitars with a whammy that you can’t pull up on? Factory standards for Strats has the bridge floating 1/8" off the body, and if the springs are loose it can float a hell of a lot higher than that."
So I can buy a normal fender standard strat and pull up still?
yeah but you're not pulling up anywhere near as much as a recessed floyd, and it won't stay in tune as well (as well as a quality floyd, anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah but you're not pulling up anywhere near as much as a recessed floyd, and it won't stay in tune as well (as well as a quality floyd, anyway).

Aw, I got excited for a minute there
So you want essentially an HSS strat with a recessed Floyd Rose. If you don't mind the extra cash and the relatively limited controls (no tone), there's the Charvel Pro Mod wild card -

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Charvel-Pro-Mod-Limited-Wild-Card-Electric-Guitar?sku=H65802

Since it's the wild card that's the only finish you can have, and the regular models are HH and non-recessed.
Quote by W4RP1G
If you don't already own the guitar, I'd say find something else with a recessed floyd in it and change the pickups if you need to. I'm sure it can't be hard to find something that suits your needs right from the factory for around the same price.

Sir;

How dare you interject common sense and logic into a thread. Jeeez.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
So you want essentially an HSS strat with a recessed Floyd Rose. If you don't mind the extra cash and the relatively limited controls (no tone), there's the Charvel Pro Mod wild card -

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Charvel-Pro-Mod-Limited-Wild-Card-Electric-Guitar?sku=H65802

Since it's the wild card that's the only finish you can have, and the regular models are HH and non-recessed.

Well I'm looking for a guitar in the price range of 600-800 with a floyd rose and versatility, the wild card is a bit to high
And Way Cool JR(isn't that a Ratt song?) I was thinking about the striker but I decided to go up higher in price for better quality in the guitar they do look very nice though
I was thinking about the
http://www.garykramerguitar.com/R29Turbulence.html
because of the split coil function, and high frets(and maple is sexy)
Last edited by Defnist47 at Oct 3, 2010,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Jackson DK2.

There you go.

You think it's better than the Gary Kramer? Oh and you know where I could get it in the swirl paintjob finish? and you think the one with sutainic would be better?
Quote by Defnist47
You think it's better than the Gary Kramer? Oh and you know where I could get it in the swirl paintjob finish? and you think the one with sutainic would be better?

1. Way better, for the most part.

2. No idea. Might have to check Sweetwater, GC, MF, used...

3. The Sustainiac is all for if you want to have nearly endless sustain, but you sacrifice having a neck pickup. Not so bad since there's a middle pickup...

I'd go with the plain DK2 because I like my neck pickup.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
1. Way better, for the most part.

2. No idea. Might have to check Sweetwater, GC, MF, used...

3. The Sustainiac is all for if you want to have nearly endless sustain, but you sacrifice having a neck pickup. Not so bad since there's a middle pickup...

I'd go with the plain DK2 because I like my neck pickup.

You should be a car dealer because I'm going to get this Jackson within the next 4 months..glad it comes with a case! And the cut away on the back is nice
A car dealer? Well apparently I just sold a guitar... I think I'll go into that business.

In 4 months that finish could be available, too. I remember it being pretty expensive, though. If the base guitar is like $700, the eerie dess swirl adds about $100-$150 to the cost of the guitar. Try to find a used one of those.

I like dinky's. I'd buy one of they didn't come with trems. Well, there's the DK2T, but I don't want a black guitar.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
A car dealer? Well apparently I just sold a guitar... I think I'll go into that business.

In 4 months that finish could be available, too. I remember it being pretty expensive, though. If the base guitar is like $700, the eerie dess swirl adds about $100-$150 to the cost of the guitar. Try to find a used one of those.

I like dinky's. I'd buy one of they didn't come with trems. Well, there's the DK2T, but I don't want a black guitar.

Musiciansfriend has a trans black which isnt too bad, and a big part of this search for me in getting a guitar was finding one that wasn't black, I really don't want a black one..the eerie dess swirl makes it $800 new I'm fine with that
Yeah, but its still black. I want to get some colors going. I have a red guitar and a black one. I need a blue or a green one for sure.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Yeah, but its still black. I want to get some colors going. I have a red guitar and a black one. I need a blue or a green one for sure.

Better than a black ibanez gio
I'm not totally sure what you mean by that...

I'm thinking an Agile AL-3000 in Tribal Green, mainly because I want to see the Agile hype, but I might go for a DBZ or the LTD Phoenix-1000.
I mean my guitar sucks it's a starter but we all have to start out somewhere eh? So that's why I'm getting a new one
Agile( or at least the site rondomusic) has nice looking guitars but some are so cheap around $100-200 and have floyd rose's in them and I don't really see how they put them in their and it being so cheap! Doesn't seem trust worthy but a lot of people say some of their Agiles are better sounding than Gibsons, I love the firebird look of the LTD Phoenix-1000, and DBZ has some nice looking guitars