Page 1 of 5
Anyone else find themselves rooting for someone or something in any form of entertainment that is the bad guy/antagonist/villian?

I wondered this watching the first DBZ episodes, as I felt a sympathy for Raditz when he was killed (which is weird considering he's such a loudmouth pussy). But I thought back and noticed, I always like the bad guy in tv and movies.

Oh, and I like Axl Rose too
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
I root for Hitler on the History channel. Poor bastard never gets a break .
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I love Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. Fvcking badass.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Walter White from Breaking Bad is bad guy I guess, seeing as he cooks meth, and I ****ing love him and Jesse
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
i remember always rooting for the bad guys in Looney Tunes when i was younger.

screw Tweety Bird, srsly.
I would say if you liked him before he turned good then yea Vegeta counts. He's my favorite character on the show so
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing

I wish the ending to that movie wasn't so shitty. The first 60% was awesome and then it seemed like they ran out of ideas and went with the cheesiest, stupidest ending they could come up with.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Fred Phelps because he is so god damn funny.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I always like more the villians than the heroes, but can't think of a specific character right now

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Dexter from the eponymous Showtime show, love that ****er although I think he needs to cut that ginger mop top of his

I always liked Mr. Freeze, his story was so sad and I hate stupid batman. I mean his super power is being a freakin billionaire. To hell with that douche bag

I always liked Venom from Spiderman and Akuma from Street Fighter was just so much more badass than any other character

And for the rest of the series, Squiddy as well.

I actually like a lot of villains more than heroes. I'm not fond of Complete Monsters, except when it's played in the maniacal way that loves destruction that Heath Ledger used for the Joker instead of the brooding, moody way that hates the world and stuff, but when the villain is actually, well, human, I find them both more interesting and more fun to play than Hero McDogood.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
totally forgot:

words can't describe how badly I wanted him to win
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Oct 3, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
totally forgot:

Hehe.

Your fedora got burned.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
totally forgot:

We would watch Survivor: Samoa in my Sociology class every Friday, and all the guys in the class loved Russel. The gals however, hated him with a passion. It made for some interesting arguments.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Oct 3, 2010,
Anakin pissed me off, but Sideous was awesome.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Anyone else find that when the bad guy is human and can be related to, EVERYONE wants them to win, but when there is something genuinely evil, inhuman and threatening about the bad guy, nobody wants them to win?

Example:

who hasn't wanted him to win at least once?

I don't know a single person who didn't want Master Chief to **** this asshole up
Scarecrow
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I forgot to mention, the Man in Black/Smoke Monster dude from Lost. **** Jacob that pretentious punk.
Quote by SSnake77
Brick Top from Snatch.

so badass

That dude just loves analogies too much. I feel like every line of dialogue started with "Well, its not like its a fuckin..."

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
(Invalid img)
I don't know a single person who didn't want Master Chief to **** this asshole up

Not to mention the storyline pretty much completely forgot him as the unnecessary character he was. I'd put him up there with the devil from Spawn, except I could actually understand what the devil was saying.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Last edited by Zombee at Oct 3, 2010,
And this dude...

From Outlaw Star
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by MakinLattes
no one gave a damn about the Balrog.

poor thing.

well yeah, cause he decided to take on motherfucking gandalf.

maybe if he took on meri or pippin or even one of the brown of blue wizards i wouldnt give a shit, but not motherfucking gandalf
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
Quote by Zombee

Not to mention the storyline pretty much completely forgot him as the unnecessary character he was. I'd put him up there with the devil from Spawn, except I could actually understand what the devil was saying.

Until Halo 3, that is.

The problem with him was, The Flood as a whole was important (for the entire game to exist, basically), the Gravemind just wasn't

I think if they introduced him in the first game, rather than halfway through the second without any warning whatsoever, everyone would've cared about him a bit more.
Gandalf took on the Balrog, not the other way around
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Gandalf took on the Balrog, not the other way around

the balrog certainly started it mr. nit-picker.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
They entered his lair, what do you expect?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
well yeah, cause he decided to take on motherfucking gandalf.

maybe if he took on meri or pippin or even one of the brown of blue wizards i wouldnt give a shit, but not motherfucking gandalf

Gandalf can suck it. he's such a drama queen.

the orcs also got a lot of hate. I mean, seriously, they can't help being born like that. and Sauron, poor guy was the apprentice to the "fallen angel" dude Melkor. he was all brainwashed, then got stuck as a flaming eye attached to some tower in the shittiest piece of land. give the guy a break.

edit: yup. looks good.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Oct 3, 2010,
Page 1 of 5