Poll: Which pickups sound better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pickups sound better?
EMG 707s
9 82%
Blackouts
2 18%
Voters: 11.
http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostprotgrduncan.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostpro7bk.html

I'm ordering one of these guitars Monday. I loved the EMGs on my Reaper so I'm assuming the 707s should sound just as good. Anyone who has played Blackouts and EMGs wanna give me their two cents on what sound better?

I don't really give two shits about versatility, I just want a tight, punchy, and yet beefy chug when I play. I'll be playing it through a 6505 combo.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I don't really give two shits about versatility, I just want a tight, punchy, and yet beefy chug when I play. I'll be playing it through a 6505 combo

E.M.G.
EMGs are the best for metal imho.

My opinions on the Blackouts is that that they don't really do the best of anything. If you want heavy chugga chugga, EMGs are still much better. If you want nice cleans, searing leads, or vintage rock tones: passives will blow Blackouts to hell.

So yeah, in your case: EMGs.
Quote by Guitar Sushi
EMGs are the best for metal imho.

My opinions on the Blackouts is that that they don't really do the best of anything. If you want heavy chugga chugga, EMGs are still much better. If you want nice cleans, searing leads, or vintage rock tones: passives will blow Blackouts to hell.

So yeah, in your case: EMGs.

Strange, from what I have heard, the EMG's give a sharper 80's metal sort of tone whereas the Blackouts give a bassier modern metal tone....
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Strange, from what I have heard, the EMG's give a sharper 80's metal sort of tone whereas the Blackouts give a bassier modern metal tone....

In my opinion you have it backwards. Blackouts sound like passives i.e. older tones and EMGs are what new metal has been absoloutely dominated by. Blackouts are fairly new in popularity but older in sound (passives are still better if you're aiming for that stuff.
My opinion is, as we all know, actives negate the natural tone of a guitar. So two different guitars with EMGs are going to sound pretty similar. Since you already have a guitar with EMGs, i suggest the Blackouts. They're bassier as well as more versatile. There are several shootouts on youtube between the two pickups. I suggest you take a look, too.
Quote by Ravenfaust
My opinion is, as we all know, actives negate the natural tone of a guitar. So two different guitars with EMGs are going to sound pretty similar. Since you already have a guitar with EMGs, i suggest the Blackouts. They're bassier as well as more versatile. There are several shootouts on youtube between the two pickups. I suggest you take a look, too.

HAD a guitar with EMGs. Sold it to upgrade to a 7 string.

I'll add a poll. I'll check it in the morning. Please vote! Thanks.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

After watching megano's blackout demonstration, i don't think anyone will want to buy those pickups.

As much as i hate to recommend em. EMGs.
But at least get the 18 volt mod.
I see the EMGs are winning. Good to know, because the model with the Blackouts is $50 more (but that's due to the finish more than anything else).
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Black Outs lack the position of variety you can have but sound great where'as EMG 707's have good quality in almost any type of music your concidering.. so preferably 707's dude
Eastwood LA125EQ

_________
Crybaby Wah Standard
Boss SuperChorus

Voodoo Chile )
I have a 707 and a 60-7 in my 7 string Ibanez... running at 18v these things are meeeeental shit hot for metal. I also play through a similar amp to yours, so can guarantee the EMGs will do exactly as you want them to do.

Tight punchy mayhem. Definitely run them at 18v, the difference is very audible. Much less compressed and better cleans whilst still being balls to the wall metal machines.