Hey again,
I am having bit of trouble changing the strings on my Fender Classic Player 50's Strat. The guitar has locking tuners and since I have no experience what so ever with them, I don't have a clue what to do. If it helps the tuners are Fender/Gotoh vintage style locking tuners. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I have locking tuners on one of my guitars and all you need to do is unscrew the screw on the back off the tuner and pull out the string, put the new one in and tighten the screw again.

However yours may be different
It is exactly the same as stringing through regular tuners

Quote by BoL7z
I have locking tuners on one of my guitars and all you need to do is unscrew the screw on the back off the tuner and pull out the string, put the new one in and tighten the screw again.

However yours may be different

This is for a Floyd Rose guitar. His guitar doesn't have one. Locking tuners mean that the machine heads lock the strings into place. You're probably thinking of locking nut.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Oct 3, 2010,
Quote by sammo_boi
It is exactly the same as stringing through regular tuners

This is for a Floyd Rose guitar. His guitar doesn't have one. Locking tuners mean that the machine heads lock the strings into place. You're probably thinking of locking nut.

No, he is right.
-Unscrew the screw on the back of the tuner,
-slide out the string (it should come out on its own),
-slide in your new string and tighten it by pulling the string end (not too tight)
-then lock it into place by tightening the screws
-tune
mabey yours ifs different
mine does not have a screw on the back ,, I loosen the string and they unlock.
holding a pick in the slot on the post will help if the lock is sticking ..very easy to use and restring