Alright so I am in dire need of help.

My little sister stood on my Epiphone SG and snapped the neck from the body. I guess thats the last time I let her use my guitar. This is a fixed neck btw. Pics will be up later on today. Will edit them into OP.

So basically, where the neck connects to the body it has snapped. It was a fairly clean break and so I was wondering is this repairable? Either by myself or by a instrument repairer? I have built 2 electric guitars from scratch so I guess I have experience building guitars but not so much repairing.

tl;dr My Epiphone SG's neck has snapped at the body. Is this repairable?

Thanks for the help in advance guys.
You'll have to get a new neck for it, I dont think theres any way to repair a neck that snapped right off
Pictures are rather helpful in threads like this.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by Mike-T93
Pictures are rather helpful in threads like this.

+1

I'm going to guess it broke at the scarf joint. If so, you can glue + clamp and then it's back to playing.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
It would help to have some pictures. I'm guessing that it could be repairable, but I don't know for sure. You can take it to a shop and ask them. If they wont fix it, you might as well try to yourself. Just make sure and use plenty of glue and clamps.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Pics Mah Boy!
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
If one of my family members did that or anyone did that to my guitar, there face would be shat on by the dog. Well, I'd beat the shit out of them first, then throw dog shit at them.

Pics or get the **** out.
..I was watching my death.
Pictures
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Epiphone SG

Not worth it.

Sell it 'as is' for someone to use the parts in a project guitar.

Don't blame your sister too much, this happens to Epis and Gibsons. It's one reason I prefer Fenders.
Quote by metalwarrior40
+1

I'm going to guess it broke at the scarf joint. If so, you can glue + clamp and then it's back to playing.

Bobby, OP said the guitar is a set neck and the neck at the body but is still partially attached.

However, from what you've said OP, I'm gonna guess that with a ton of *good* clamps and some titebond, you'd be okay. Titebond Original joins stronger than the wood itself.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...
dude i happily admit the following, i had a strap lock fail while doing a windmill and i snapped my set neck ibanez SZ at the neck pocket, a fairly clean break as well.

no guitar techs would repair it, or if they would they were charging way too much. the guitar is only worth about 500 bucks these days so i just fixed it myself, and it plays as good as ever!

you need to get a fairly decent G CLAMP, and a lot of glue (wood glue is preferable, or maybe expoxy?) i used wood glue.

kind of open up the break a little bit, so you can squeeze a shit ton of glue in there, every crevice and part of the bare would should be covered in glue. then wrap the break in a towel or something and tighten the G clamp over the towel/break. as you tighten the clamp and the break closes, glue will come out the cracks and onto the neck, use the towel to kinda wipe as you go.

make sure you close it up nice and good. make sure you can see the crack still. dont completely covere it with the towel, the towel is just a buffer between the wood and a hard metal clamp!

when its tight and you can see that the crack is aligned and closed (it MUST be cleanly closed up, or theres no point to this fix), you should leave it..i left mine for 72 hours. follow the instructions on your glue, but given you are using a lot of glue give it a bit extra time.

so yeah, i left mine 3 days and picked it straight up from the neck, stronger than ever!

got a tech to sand the glue off of the neck that spilled out, now it looks kinda cool

it can be done, just take your time. if its a clean break that you can push back into position with your hands youre probably gonna be ok. just make sure you get it set up properly by a tech once you repair it. it will probably need adjustments (definetly).

good luck!

This above post is good.

Make *sure* you use wood glue, preferably Titebond Original as it's the tried and true, though.
build 1, finished 1/15/11

Every time I try to pick it up like falling sand,
As fast as I pick it up,
it runs away through my clutching hands.
There's nothing else I can really do...