Invocation: Now I Lie Back

Deer Estate - Sagescape

Act I: In The Vast Stretches Of My Mind

Mr Tumnus - Wanderer's Reed
Swaylone - Swaylone's Island
Aberrant Corollary - An Imagery Of Open Fields
The Palisade View - Are We Still Young?

Act II: A Drop In Temperature

Valacirca - Six-Hundred Wings (Covered The Horizon)
Sewe Dae - Studies In Truth And Dying
Dinosauria - The Madness Reaches The Delta
Ember Wreath - Here_Now
Thisislife - Against These Clouds, You Wouldn't Think You Could Be Darker

Act III: A Turn For The Worse

Holocene - Entity
Setting - Reflections
Opiate Sun - Rumours Of Ghosts
Our Blistered Horizon - Oblivious

Contributors - click the artist names to be linked to their UGer profiles.

Photography by Mack56.

Album art by hriday_hazarika.

Project managed by hriday_hazarika.

Stream/Listen - http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ugpostrock/music/albums/903100

Download - RapidShare | MediaFire | Demonoid | BTJunkie

I hope everyone enjoys it.

By the time you're done listening to this, you'll shit sad birds.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Jan 30, 2011,
goest
SJW
272 IQ
*Downloads*

EDIT: LINK DON'T WORK NONE!

EEDIT: Link works now….great success...
Last edited by goest at Oct 4, 2010,
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
cool

looking forward to hearing it
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
I added a couple of torrent links.

Those who use torrents, please use them. Only those who don't use torrents should use the Rapidshare link. You know how PMS-y Rapidshare servers can be.
unet
rah - sick
1,372 IQ
Torrent isn't working...

no speed whatsoever.

Edit: neither is the rapidshare!!
(i;'d cancelled it to start the torrent!)
Last edited by unet at Oct 4, 2010,
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by unet
Torrent isn't working...

no speed whatsoever.

Edit: neither is the rapidshare!!
(i;'d cancelled it to start the torrent!)

That is teh strangies.

I've stopped all my torrents except this one, but on one's connected to me yet.

Rapidshare is the only site that let me upload such a big file. Mediafire and 4shared don't accept files that are larger than 200 MB and I couldn't find the upload button on Megaupload.
frnzd
Genuine phobia of zebra
330 IQ
downloading
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
unet
rah - sick
1,372 IQ
Mine's showing one seeder, but isn't connecting for some reason.

I've left it on...let's hope it does.
Otherwise, ill try the rapid later.

MEanwhile someone else should DL and start seeding the torrent as well.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I recommend setting up a UG band page for teh album.

I was thinking of doing that, but doesn't UG require 128 kbps copies of files? There's a warning saying that they get warped and stuff.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Quote by unet
Mine's showing one seeder, but isn't connecting for some reason.

I've left it on...let's hope it does.
Otherwise, ill try the rapid later.

MEanwhile someone else should DL and start seeding the torrent as well.

Our clients should connect pretty fast, considering our geographical distance.

DAM DESE TEKNAWLOJEES.
Bearded_Seth
Banned
756 IQ
Quote by hriday_hazarika
I was thinking of doing that, but doesn't UG require 128 kbps copies of files? There's a warning saying that they get warped and stuff.

I've always uploaded 320kbps
Mack56
mackabre
1,078 IQ
perhaps split it into parts for mediafire?

I'm downloading the torrent, btw. Can't wait to listen.
hriday_hazarika
is a Space Lion. ^___^
1,065 IQ
Here's the UG band profile - http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ugpostrock/ .

I'll upload all the songs tomorrow. Right now, I wanna concentrate all mai uploading powahz on the torrent.
stradivari310
wubba lubba dub dub
2,331 IQ
I really want this on mediafire... I don't have a membership at any of the torrent sites and rapidshare is a pain in the ass.
Private Eye
Herp. Derp.
128 IQ
All downloaded. I rapidshared but only because I kinda glanced over the post and didn't see the other links. would've used demonoid if I had seen it. oh vell

Setting it up in a playist with the right track order now. I'll listen to it on my way to class later. I'm excited.
unet
rah - sick
1,372 IQ
Quote by goest
Rumours of Ghosts =

Totally!

With a real drummer, this would be pretty awesome!

People should do track by track reviews!!
It's late now...but i'll listen to the full hing tomorrow morning and see if I can.
stradivari310
wubba lubba dub dub
2,331 IQ
Yes, that would be great. I'm excited to listen to this all the way through

EDIT: I'm starting track-by-track reviews.
Last edited by stradivari310 at Oct 4, 2010,
Private Eye
Herp. Derp.
128 IQ
some really good stuff on there. didn't have time to listen to the entirety of every song, but I'll get around to it as soon as I can. I like the idea of track by track reviews. I'll attempt it but I'm not much of a reviewer.
stradivari310
wubba lubba dub dub
2,331 IQ
Quote by ZanasCross
Torrent is down again, I think. I'm having trouble with it.

Really looking forward to it though.

My friend who is trying to download it can confirm this.

Btw, nice user title/location. Are you studying physics? /potential thread hijack
ZanasCross
C(k)=Epsilon(ijk)A(i)B(j)
9,587 IQ
Quote by stradivari310
My friend who is trying to download it can confirm this.

Btw, nice user title/location. Are you studying physics? /potential thread hijack

Yeah. I'm on my second year of my PhD work. Taking classes and working on detecting cross-sections for ultra-low energy neutron-proton inelastic scattering.
justinb904
Mother F***ing Engines
455 IQ
downloading via demonoid, will seed if I ever get it downloaded
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Use Mediafire
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
djurico666
Glass Bastard
19 IQ
Quote by goest
Rumours of Ghosts =

Quote by unet
Totally!

With a real drummer, this would be pretty awesome!

Holy crap people actually like it. Thank you!
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover
192 IQ
I'm DL'ing the album now. If you want, I can upload it to my personal Megaupload account if you want TS.

MDEDIT: This is taking a while to download, and its my bed time. I'll seed for the night, and i'll get you another upload link tomorrow TS.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Last edited by muffinduck01 at Oct 5, 2010,
stradivari310
wubba lubba dub dub
2,331 IQ
Quote by ZanasCross
Yeah. I'm on my second year of my PhD work. Taking classes and working on detecting cross-sections for ultra-low energy neutron-proton inelastic scattering.

Very cool! I'm just starting undergrad, but I'm joining a research group that's collaborating at the Super-K. I've wanted to be a physicist since I was really young, so having the opportunity to start this kind of stuff is really surreal. Cool to have another physics student here!

EDIT: Here is my review.

Deer Estate - Sagescape
The guitars sound almost bowed here… it's a cool effect. This reminds me of the u smile ambient version done in paulstretch. I especially like it when those vocals come in, since it seems to add some darker undertones. A good choice for an introduction, and although it's long the subtle variations carry it, especially towards the end.

Mr Tumnus - Wanderer's Reed
I DID NOT expect this kind of instrumentation. This is very icelandic (reminds me of Amiina), yet it seems to evoke a pastoral feeling as well. I want to know more about what went into this song. One of my favorites.

Swaylone - Swaylone's Island
This is wonderfully upbeat! The drums sound pretty awesome too. Very EITS-like in its form.

Aberrant Corollary - An Imagery of Open Fields
This really picks up when the guitar and drums come in. What guitar did you use? The tone is great. The whole song has a nice mood to it, and I think this one has some of the best production out of the whole batch.

The Palisade View - Are We Still Young?
I LOVE the interplay between the guitars throughout the song. Very simple, yet very pretty. The second half reminds me of American Football, which is awesome. Nice ear for melody here.

Valacirca - Six-Hundred Wings (Covered The Horizon)
The panning on the first guitar melody is a really nice effect here. The more pad-like sounds that enter later are a cool contrast from the strummed guitar earlier in the song, and some of the effects that come in later in the songs are cool as well.

Sewe Dae - Studies In Truth And Dying
SPEECH SAMPLES. Are these from Closer? I'm glad to finally hear something dark on the album. These drums sound great too. The part where the song gets really heavy is one of my favorite moments on the whole album. That bass tone is juicy. And the ending section where the song changes up again is also very cool. I'm very impressed with this song.

Dinosauria - The Madness Reaches The Delta
The effect at the beginning of this is fantastic. Wow. The drums in this song sound great as well. I like how the guitars sit in the mix… the production is very good. This is another one of my favorites.

Ember Wreath - Here_Now
This is my song, so instead of reviewing I'll describe what I did to get the noises here. This is part of a series of songs where I'm challenging myself to not use any electric guitar whatsoever, since I'm at college with just a macbook and an acoustic guitar. The first section of the song is a recording of the general din of the physics building at my school… the main area is a very spacious room with nice natural reverb that I supplemented with garageband. The second section is feedback that I produced by calling my cell phone on Google Voice and moving it towards and away from the computer. The third section is piano and synths done on garageband.

Thisislife - Against These Clouds, You Wouldn't Think You Could Be Darker
This one has some very cool guitar work I love the synth texture in the background too. It syncs up nicely with the repeating guitar line. I like how this is relatively fast-paced in some places. The final jam is sweet.

Holocene - Entity
A fantastic exercise in minimalism. The intro drone is awesome, and I love the quiet chords. The feedback is also very well done… at that point it sounds like you're channeling boris (aka **** YEAH). What's cool is that I thought this one would become huge, but it restrained itself. One of the best tracks overall!

Setting - Reflections
I like this one. Short, sweet, to the point, and noise driven. The background percussion adds a really haunting effect.

Opiate Sun - Rumours Of Ghosts
I have to say, when I heard other people rave about this I was really excited. This is an album full of talent so the best has to be really good… I was not disappointed. You have to listen to this one for yourself to know what I mean. I'm currently having sex with the heavy part.

Our Blistered Horizon - Oblivious
A really solid closer! I like how the two heavy tracks are together. Great continuity. The distorted tones are sweet! The synth tones just past the halfway mark have a really cool filtering effect as well. The song as a whole has a nice dynamic contour to it.