Page 2 of 4
Quote by CrossBack7
So uhhh. Newbie to this forum, but I'd like to get in on the action. Preferably lyrics, for however many points you're willing to wager. Say three?

It's on, kiddos. I churn lyrics out without so much as a second thought as to what mindless dribble I'm writing.

But srsly, I'm excited for this.

Yeah I'm in for this, let's go three points etc etc. I'll send you my lyrics in a few days or so.
Quote by Hendrix_fan_14
Yeah I'm in for this, let's go three points etc etc. I'll send you my lyrics in a few days or so.

Sorry-Been busy. Hey since you both challenged me, can we do this as a 1v1v1. That would be cool. Otherwise i'm ready to roll.
Oh shit! it was bleed away. 3 points, 1 piece, any length, topic, style. Uhm...i'm the noob here so i guess i'll send you my piece. Peace.
Quote by VerniciousKinif
Sorry-Been busy. Hey since you both challenged me, can we do this as a 1v1v1. That would be cool. Otherwise i'm ready to roll.

I didn't really challenge you, lol. I was challenging anyone who wanted to take it up. Can we do 1v1v1?
Someone send me a piece.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I wanna compete, I wanna compete! Pleasepleaseplease?!

EDIT: I'm a bit of a n00b here, so can someone explain how this works? What is this "wagering" and how does a competition work? Do I just challenge someone or just say I want to duel and some random person accepts?

EDIT2: I just read the rules. And there are a LOT of them.... I'd like to issue a challenge to anyone for the maximum of points a contest virgin can wager (I'm feelin' lucky, punk).

Rules- has to be a new piece (meaning one you haven't yet posted to UG), a relatively short poem (no epics, but can be ~30 lines). No theme.

Any takers?

EDIT3: Even though I'm pretty much new to writing, I want to challenge someone who's up there on the upper tier. I read a few more rules, and I'd like a REVERSAL and I'm challenging NGD1313.
Last edited by trueamerican at Mar 25, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
EDIT3: Even though I'm pretty much new to writing, I want to challenge someone who's up there on the upper tier. I read a few more rules, and I'd like a REVERSAL and I'm challenging NGD1313.

why would you want to do a reversal if you don't have any points?

Quote by Bleed Away
Does anyone (in the upper tier) want a three point challenge?

i may take you up on this. i don't know how busy i'm gonna be in the next couple days but if i have some down time, i'll pm you.
I thought a reversal would give me 5 if I had 0....

Must reread rules

EDIT: Damn I'm a noob

Okay, I'll challenge anyone on the lower tier for three points, poem, maximum of 30 lines, it has to be a piece you haven't posted on UG. No theme.

Any takers?
Last edited by trueamerican at Mar 28, 2011,
^ If I write something before anyone else replies, ya.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Send me a piece if you like I'll try and write something to match. Not promising anything though (really just avoiding coursework )
You want to do it that way? I don't care if they match, and it's unfair that I've already written mine and you have to try to conform to my theme 'n' stuff (although I haven't actually revised mine because I suck at it ).
I'll post in here when I've written mine then
Cool.
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Mar 28, 2011,
....way to keep it anonymous. That was the whole point of posting a brand new piece (that and not having the benefit of UG criticism).
People can usually tell anyway... Edited post regardless.
True. But still, in the interest of fairness

The colors will be orange and red, and they will be GLORIOUS.
I'll take that, stratkat. I have a few ideas mulling around in my head.

When do you want it due by? It'll probably take me two weeks to get it written, but if you want a smaller timeframe, I think I can manage.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'll take that, stratkat. I have a few ideas mulling around in my head.

When do you want it due by? It'll probably take me two weeks to get it written, but if you want a smaller timeframe, I think I can manage.

That's fine, I barely remember how these things work anyway.

I'll be ready since I plan on using an older piece.

Just post here or preferably pm me when you're ready.
If you're offering Iblis, I'll accept.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by ApatheticMe
if i am explained as to how to battle....i will battle...

If we were to battle, it would be as follows:

neither of us have any points yet, so we are "unranked" and thus in the same "tier" or lack thereof.

The two of us decide on how many points we want to wager, for example, 2 points.

The winner will be +2, the loser will be -2. (Considering we are both at 0 currently)

We decide on a theme, line limit, deadline, etc.

Once we have all that figured out, we write our new pieces and since you're somewhat unfamiliar on how it works, I'll handle posting them up for voters.

(You send me your piece and I'll post it with mine in a thread with a poll)

I'd preferably like to keep the deadline short, maybe 2 days.

Make sense?
Quote by BluePaintCult
N00B EDUCTATION BY THIS GUY

Ok I like this. I should have just read the first post....I am silly sometimes...I will pm you and we can decide on topic and deadline.
I haz gotten gud
Last edited by ApatheticMe at Sep 29, 2011,
Maybe it's the fact that I still have 8 year old PM's in my folder from the girl I was dating IRL around 2003 as well as a number of other PM's from people over the past 9 years.. but my PM box is hella glitched. It's hard to explain so let's just say I have to manually check if I have new pm's.

That said, I pm'd you with concluding details. Good luck.
is there anyone who wants to try against me in a short poem battle?
just a friendly bout?
Last edited by Dillon_Kennedy at Sep 30, 2011,
Quote by Dillon_Kennedy
is there anyone who wants to try against me in a short poem battle?
just a friendly bout?

Yeah sure, I'm up for that.