Page 1 of 3
Quote by Windwaker
Originally I just thought you were talking about bands with female screamers. Buuuuut this doesn't involve I wrestled a bear once, so I :<

I thought the same thing...
Quote by Windwaker
Originally I just thought you were talking about bands with female screamers. Buuuuut this doesn't involve I wrestled a bear once, so I :<

Well, this band DOES have a screaming female... but it's just one. And she can shred on guitar.

http://www.myspace.com/screamingfemales

for those of you who haven't heard of them, check out the myspace. They're from New Brunswick, NJ, and are slowly but surely gaining popularity, as they should... I'm just curious of how many of you are aware of them.
This band is super, super, super good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Heard about these guys (and girl) a while back. Have a few of their albums. They rock, plain and simple.
Quote by element4433

heh, yeah! saw that/heard that. I seriously predict they're gradually going to get the attention they deserve. Europeans are gettin' a taste as we speak.
Quote by Windwaker
Buuuuut this doesn't involve I wrestled a bear once, so I :<

I think I speak for everyone when I say "thank Christ for that."

And this band is pretty good. I've slept on them for far too long.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
saw them when they opened for the dead weather a while back. not bad
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by Joshua1207
They're alright. I just wish their singer knew how to sing.

But if that happened, it would really mess with her unique vocal delivery
That^^^^^

Quote by Joshua1207
They're alright. I just wish their singer knew how to sing.

A lot of people comment on that, but it's a fine line... people I know who immediately hate a band with bad vocals have said they like her voice...

She CAN sing, and shows it on their latest album (which she doesn't scream on at all, by the way). Live is a different story, but another factor in the singing is how it's written. Marissa has said she writes the vocals after the music, and often writes phoenetically.

Someone put it well that it's between being extremely annoying or so different and great. Anyone agree she sounds like a female Glen Danzig?
Cool band, my band played with them a couple of times. Maybe not the best singer, but she's a pretty sweet guitarist.
Quote by JDizzle787
That^^^^^

A lot of people comment on that, but it's a fine line... people I know who immediately hate a band with bad vocals have said they like her voice...

She CAN sing, and shows it on their latest album (which she doesn't scream on at all, by the way). Live is a different story, but another factor in the singing is how it's written. Marissa has said she writes the vocals after the music, and often writes phoenetically.

Someone put it well that it's between being extremely annoying or so different and great. Anyone agree she sounds like a female Glen Danzig?

I haven't acquired their newest album, but the albums I have heard I really can't stand the singing. I would enjoy their music much better if she sung different.
Thanks for this thread, they are really cool. Which album do we like?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
They all kind of stick to me for different reasons, although WiSiWTTV not as strong...

Oh, and this is pretty cool:
http://screamingfemales.blogspot.com/2011/01/don-giovanni-showcase-shows-55-year.html

I wish I lived there to see it (the last thing)... sucks they gotta keep the location under wraps... then again, i just might be willing to make the trip and do some sluething to check it out!
**** me, they're good. I'm going to sound sexist, but she is a pretty skilled guitarist. Didn't expect that.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Sellouts.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by thewho65
I can't find any of their records.

:/ it's easy to get them online though, I think you can even mail in cash to them. They're still fairly DIY. They're also becoming easier to find- I saw their stuff in both Ameoba Records in Hollywood and in Newbury Comics in Northampton, MA. here's their store if you want to give that a shot: http://www.screamingfemales.com/store_usa.html

And yeah, about her vox. Even for people who are more accustomed to more mainstream female vocal styles, hers has improved significantly on the alst album and sounds great, not just different.

And Due07, it's footage from the same show they played. They more or less just had that show filmed and the edited footage shown on Carson Daly.

And it's amazing how I was still blown away at how good they are at the last show I went to (and could get into- went to the House of Vans one and was one of the people left in the rain )
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Aug 13, 2011,
Just got tickets to see them in October because it was only 8 bucks and I heard that their shows are completely nuts.

Started listening through their stuff last and and holy crap! This... this is exactly what I like.

Anyone know what else I should be expecting when I see them, aside from lots of awesome-induced boners?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous

Anyone know what else I should be expecting when I see them, aside from lots of awesome-induced boners?

They have a really good sound live- not incredibly loud, and always have a good mix (except vocals sometimes, but that's mostly due to the soundguy/venue). They get into it well, although nothing over the top and shit like that.
Seeing 'em live tonight. Soooooooo pumped. They just did an interview on our college radio station, and apparently they're done writing their next album, so hopefully I'll get to hear some new stuff
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Saw them open for Against Me! in June. I was impressed the Lemuria, the first band, but then Screaming Females came on and blew me away. Bought their most recent album from the singer/guitarist at the booth, I can definitely see them going places. Took a while for me to listen to them again after the show though, because if you haven't seen Against Me!, that show is the only thing on your mind for quite a while after.
They played at least one new song, and it had a jaw-droppingly amazing riff throughout, even for a Screaming Females song.

Everyone should see them this tour if they come close enough to you. The Underground Railroad to Candyland is just as good live (never heard of them until I saw them with Screaming Females on Monday, now they're in heavy rotation on my computer). Very much worth your money.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Page 1 of 3