Page 2 of 3
Quote by lushacrous
They played at least one new song, and it had a jaw-droppingly amazing riff throughout, even for a Screaming Females song.

Everyone should see them this tour if they come close enough to you. The Underground Railroad to Candyland is just as good live (never heard of them until I saw them with Screaming Females on Monday, now they're in heavy rotation on my computer). Very much worth your money.

I didn't really dig TURtC. They were good live but I couldn't really get into the songs.

There's more than a few of their (SF's) new songs that I really look forward to hearing recorded.
Quote by JDizzle787
I didn't really dig TURtC. They were good live but I couldn't really get into the songs.

I don't know how or why, but over half of the people at the show I attended were megafans of them, so that probably helped me get into them.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I remember seeing them in New Brunswick before they were getting all this notoriety. I'm happy for them, they deserve all the recognition they're getting. They're always amazing live. What if Someone is Watching Their TV? is still my favoritve album by them. I'm seeing them with Thursday in Philly, pretty pumped.

Does anybody know if their new release will still be Don Giovanni?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Dec 12, 2011,
Quote by StreetLight3989
I remember seeing them in New Brunswick before they were getting all this notoriety. I'm happy for them, they deserve all the recognition they're getting. They're always amazing live. What if Someone is Watching Their TV? is still my favoritve album by them. I'm seeing them with Thursday in Philly, pretty pumped.

Does anybody know if their new release will still be Don Giovanni?

+1 to fav. album, and about them getting recognition.

As far as I know they're staying on DG, but what do I know.
Quote by JDizzle787
+1 to fav. album, and about them getting recognition.

As far as I know they're staying on DG, but what do I know.

I hope so, DG is a cool label, but they've definitely outgrown it. I see them signing to a new label in the near future, but who knows?
Quote by StreetLight3989
I remember seeing them in New Brunswick before they were getting all this notoriety.

lol yeah sure, hipster.
Quote by neidnarb11890
lol yeah sure, hipster.

You're just jealous.
I'm jelly! For some reason, I've been listening to these guys again a lot. It'd be great to see them again and be familiar with their tunes this time. They're actually nice, funny, quirky little people.

Quote by 420smooth smooth n groovy
screaming females make me want to take a blowtorch to my ****ing ears. my dick just got permanently soft
That's my favorite. I'd be so upset if somebody named 420smooth doesn't like my band.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
This is pretty cool, I'm going to nab Castle Talk.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
This is pretty cool, I'm going to nab Castle Talk.

It's a good album. They definitely kicked it up with the songwriting there.

Also, in reference to artwork, I'm hoping to snag some of Marissa's stuff (she does all the artwork for all of their albums). Every now and then she sells her art either on their blog or on her blog, and I've missed out too many times. Anyone here aware of the Doodledrag thing? That in itself is pretty cool and I hope incorporate it into another show.
Info on their new album:

http://screamingfemales.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-album-is-called-ugly-we-are.html

It's called Ugly, has different artwork and has 14 songs and apparently one of them is like 7 minutes long.

All that makes me really ****ing interested in where they're taking this. And I'm deffo snagging that 7"
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Jan 17, 2012,
Me want, so bad.

And this was on the Underground Railroad to Candyland's facebook page, I feel like I had to share it
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by neidnarb11890
Aww yeah, seven minute song? I'm looking forward to that.

At least that's something I recall reading. It's somewhere...

They do have a 5 minute+ song, it was like the first one they ever released, called "Arm Over Arm"
Quote by neidnarb11890

It's a little different and I like it. I know they're already reasonably popular, but I predict this album will make them pretty well-known.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
It's a little different and I like it. I know they're already reasonably popular, but I predict this album will make them pretty well-known.

I have to agree. They've paid their dues in playing hundreds of shows in the at least 6 years they've been touring, have 4 albums and have handled most of it by themselves. They're pretty much doing everything the hard way, but they way they want to and I think they're about to establish themselves in the popular music conscious as a something worth checking out.

I mean, since I saw them in the late summer of 2009, I've been trying to show them to anyone who'll listen, and I really feel I won't have to do that anymore sometime soon. I dunno, there's just something about them that I have had a feeling about since then.

tl;dr. I agree.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Feb 11, 2012,
Saw them at Feeding Tube Records in Northampton, MA. I don't know how they do it, but this was probably one of their best shows I've seen (They played Foul Mouth! Holy crap!); I'm still infatuated and insanely in love with what they do. From what I've heard live, I can't wait for the new album.
Last edited by JDizzle787 at Feb 15, 2012,
Quote by JDizzle787
Screaming Females- If It Makes You Happy (Sheryl Crow Cover)

This is so awesome, so endearing, it's like a scene out of a movie, everyone singing along and shit.

Balls, this is awesome!

Also, in a concert setting, my exact persona is that guy in the front row, not wearing plaid and belting his heart out and dancing.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Last edited by lushacrous at Feb 15, 2012,
How can anybody not be getting into it like that guy?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Swag

to both videos

Seeing them for the second time on April 11, I believe. Pumped. Bringing ear protection this time
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Came here to post about It All Means Nothing, good song, cool video. Pretty stoked on the new album.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Came here to post about It All Means Nothing, good song, cool video. Pretty stoked on the new album.

Same here. From what I heard at the last show I was at, there's at least 3 songs that by far are pretty ****ing cool (All Means Nothing, some surf-y riff song, and one that is probably one of their heaviest riffs ever)

Finally have a slot co-hosting a radio show. My little city ill finally get a taste of some screamales!
http://www.spin.com/articles/screaming-females-ugly-hear-full-album-now

released today!

still not going to listen to any of it on this laptop. This thing is sooooo shitty. Going to Brooklyn for the 6th I guess? gonna be fun!
Sweet, gonna listen now.
I would go buy the record today, but, alas, I'm feeling under the weather (which is actually pretty nice right now) & a trip to the record store is more than I can bring myself to do right now, so I'm glad it's streaming. :3

Also, just found out that they're coming here in June.
holy ****, they can kind of do their own brand of metal. Then into post-punk? jesus christ, can't wait to hear it in full. I'm going to try to go friday, and I don't know if I want to listen to all of them before hand. Then again, I'm baked, so maybe I should
Saw them last night; great set and show as all ways, but it was rather ****ing loud. My ears are still ringing, something that doesn't normally happen from their shows. After hearing the album now twice, I'm still convinced it could be seen by many as their best to date.
Finally listening to the album for the first time. Will probably edit with my feelings later if I remember.

And yeah, the show I went to in like Novemberish was by far the loudest show I've ever been to.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Listening to it. Sounds a little Dinosaur Jrish, in a good way.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Listening to it. Sounds a little Dinosaur Jrish, in a good way.

I've always made comparisons between her and J Mascis. Really think that Screaming Females have captured a lot of what makes Dinosaur Jr so good.

Anyways the album is boss as hell. "Doom 84" is the best thing ever.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

http://www.avclub.com/articles/screaming-females-cover-sheryl-crow,73983/

this time it's recorded. I'm pissed I haven't been able to freely listen to Ugly since I lost my CD and it's damn near impossible to find the time for the vinyl

Also, does anyone know how big of stoners they are? I'm curious as I'd love to try to smoke them up sometime!