Page 1 of 247
Asomodai
Bitter UG Veteran
3,376 IQ
OK after lots of abuse throwing at me i have decided to make this thread. if any other threads are made about GNR , they will be closed and the thread starter will be warned and if happens again banned.

Rob
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Four-Sticks
Groovin high all the time
82 IQ
Also who is that REALLY low voice that you hear in a bunch of songs? Is that Axl? If so he is probably the worst singer I have ever heard who had such a huge range vocally.
dyingforwhat
i love drink
153 IQ
Ok bangoodcharlotte, Shannon Hoon sang Don't Cry with Axl.
Four-sticks, that is Axl using the low voice, and some good songs with it are Sweet Child of Mine and It's So Easy.
And now the big shocking question!
Slash's tophat( ) or Buckethead's...well... bucket?
"damn damn damn my coke addled addict of a wife!"
dyingforwhat
i love drink
153 IQ
My mistake about the name, sorry.
Anyways, in It's So Easy, Axl does use that low voice, and just a bit in Sweet Child of Mine. Those are pretty much the only songs I know that he's used the low voice in.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Yes!

Thank you Asomodai.

About time too

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
AngilasGuy
UG's Technique Nazi
508 IQ
Originally posted by Resiliance
Yes!

Thank you Asomodai.

About time too

I am soooo relieved that this topic finally got started, thanks much Asomodai!
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
refusedparty
UG's Har Mar Superstar
29 IQ
QUESTION: Is Buckethead's KFC bucket used or clean? I imagine he would be quite greasy after a session with that on...finger lickin good though.
:stickpoke
www.hometurf.tk
Marton
34 IQ
Patience(Lies), and Mr Brownstone(AFD), are both great examples of songs where Axl sings in his low voice pretty much through the entire song. Also, in Its so Easy it IS Axl singing the entire time. I actually like his low voice, its a little weird but its still pretty cool.
AirGuitarist87
Divebombing Virtuoso
391 IQ
I always thought it was Izzy singing throughout Patience. And they added that bit at the end with Axl's voice ("The streets don't change but maybe their names") so he didn't feel left out or somethin.
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
Encore_God
UG Legend
849 IQ
Originally posted by AirGuitarist87
I always thought it was Izzy singing throughout Patience. And they added that bit at the end with Axl's voice ("The streets don't change but maybe their names") so he didn't feel left out or somethin.

Patience was Axl throughout.

Axl had a fantastic bottom end to his voice.

Izzy sings 14 Years, Dust N Bones, Double Talkin Jive and a couple of others, Duff sings some stuff on So Fine...they varied it out a bit.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
Mattman22255577
Homie
75 IQ
first off... finally GNR have their place!!!

Also, Axl does a lot of the low singing and i think it is some of his better stuff.

But I am also glad that it isnt just axl that does the singing. I like bands with diversity.
Quote by campbell92
Here that kids, ants love cum.

Quote by Jaymz2K
I was about to suggest this. Listen to this man, he is wise and all-knowing.
sir_john
Led Zeppelin
14 IQ
just one question: what amp and effects did slash use mainly?

and what was the model of guitar(s) he used on appetite for destruction (and dont say it was a les paul, because i know that but i wanna know what exact type it was)

thanks love me
My Gear:

~Yamaha Pacifica 112
~Marshall MG15 DFX
~Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal
~Hohner 3/4 Size Acoustic
~Jim Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
sir_john
Led Zeppelin
14 IQ
Originally posted by Weebl
He has a signature Les Paul, he uses a Marshall amp and has a crybaby wah, thats all i know he has.....

his signature les paul has only recently of come out, so how can he of used it on appetite?
dumb ass
My Gear:

~Yamaha Pacifica 112
~Marshall MG15 DFX
~Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion Pedal
~Hohner 3/4 Size Acoustic
~Jim Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
spookykid_6000
Banned
10 IQ
If you go into the classical rock forum, you'll see at least 2 gnr threads on the first page, and if you go into the modern rock forum, you'll see Steve has made a thread saying that any GnR threads will be closed from now on. Now I come here to find that the Shred forum has also been subject to an overload of GnR threads. So what genre does this outrageously popular band fall into?
sixteen times
lightspeed champion
240 IQ
well that was unnessecary, i was only trying to help
cunt

and it was a gibson les paul premium plus

and calling me a cunt wasnt unnessecary?

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
phantom lord363
hmmm
180 IQ
Originally posted by spookykid_6000
If you go into the classical rock forum, you'll see at least 2 gnr threads on the first page, and if you go into the modern rock forum, you'll see Steve has made a thread saying that any GnR threads will be closed from now on. Now I come here to find that the Shred forum has also been subject to an overload of GnR threads. So what genre does this outrageously popular band fall into?

Yeah i would've thought they were not shred by any means, i would say they are probably Rock....maybe Classic Rock.......but hey what do i know?

Anyway earlier today i fealt like learnin the Godfather theme but is there any recordings of it that slash has done in the studio i.e not live, coz the tab is quite different to the version of it ive got or does he only play it live?
bah
AirGuitarist87
Divebombing Virtuoso
391 IQ
Originally posted by Encore_God
Izzy sings 14 Years, Dust N Bones, Double Talkin Jive and a couple of others, Duff sings some stuff on So Fine...they varied it out a bit.

Well Duff wrote So Fine so it only seemed fair
Also I heard somehwere that Slash sings in one of the later GnR songs, which one was it?
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
BC516208
Arpeggio King
33 IQ
you've got to admit when CHIdem comes out slash will still be doing better with VR

Slash IS GnR!!!!!!!
Marton
34 IQ
^ I dont think so, Axl was more important to GNR. He wrote all the songs and he also had a great voice.

Yeah, Slash is a great guitar player but there were so many great guitarists in the 80's. I dont even know of one song he wrote for them.
I think Chinese Democracy will be huge. It cant be but so bad if Rose spent ten years working on it.
GnFnR
1,406 IQ
wuts duffs anmp setting i couldnt find it out anywhere?
guitar_freak38
lurking in your basement
74 IQ
Originally posted by sir_john
just one question: what amp and effects did slash use mainly?

and what was the model of guitar(s) he used on appetite for destruction (and dont say it was a les paul, because i know that but i wanna know what exact type it was)

thanks love me

As was stated by guitar one magazine, for AFD, Slash used a les paul knock-off, i don't recall who by though.

Wes Arkeen[R.I.P.] also wrote a large percentage of GN'R lyrics

Slash co-wrote Get In The Ring and a few others. he mostly stuck to guitar lines

Duff sings "attitude" as well as plays rhythm guitar on "patience"
that's all i can think of for now

guitar_freak38
Quote by jakekilgore666
christian music is sooooooooooo bad
if you love god that much, why make music that makes god want to shoot himself?
Civil_War
UG's Crazy Diamond
30 IQ
Originally posted by BC516208
you've got to admit when CHIdem comes out slash will still be doing better with VR

Slash IS GnR!!!!!!!

Slash is only half of Gnr. you cant have a gnr without slash, but you cant have one without axl either. now if they got back together *drools* hghhhh

but that will never happen
Oh George... Oh George.

That Texas education must've fucked you up when you very small.

Too true, Roger. Too True.
sixteen times
lightspeed champion
240 IQ
Originally posted by Civil_War

i know

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
bangoodcharlote
Fractal
855 IQ
Originally posted by Civil_War
Slash is only half of Gnr. you cant have a gnr without slash, but you cant have one without axl either. now if they got back together *drools* hghhhh

You can't have GnR without Izzy Either.
ZepHedJack
56 IQ
Originally posted by Marton
I think Chinese Democracy will be huge. It cant be but so bad if Rose spent ten years working on it.

Well here's a good question. What does everyone anticipate from Chinese Democracy?

I think it'll be a great album, but, I think it's also going to be not what everyone is expecting. There are going to be loads of people thinking that this is going to be Appetite for Destruction II, and will be mistaken.

I'll buy it when (and if) it comes out

Who is John Galt?
Civil_War
UG's Crazy Diamond
30 IQ
Originally posted by bangoodcharlote
You can't have GnR without Izzy Either.

Izzy did play a big part, but he was replaceable
Oh George... Oh George.

Rikifeld
v He's E. "Pigeon Hunter"
1,085 IQ
GN'R was complete only with full band...
Including Izzy, Axl and Slash.
Wheather you like all of ther or only
one of them - I think you all agree that
they all made a great band that will never
come back...
They gave what's best of them and that is
the way it should be! Enjoy those 5 albums!!
I was born to make it and I will!
sixteen times
lightspeed champion
240 IQ
bangoodcharlotte, check ur pms

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
dyingforwhat
i love drink
153 IQ
Nah, in its so easy thats duff, although i think it may be both of them, and in SCOM its duff and izzy then you can hear axl singing higher over them.

Actually in live concerts such as Live at the Ritz, New York '88, you can see quite clearly that only Axl provides the low voice. In Sweet Child of Mine at the Ritz, Izzy and Duff had a higher voice and didn't produce any pitch that you could consider low. It is Axl then who's singing on SCOM and It's so Easy.
Civil_War
UG's Crazy Diamond
30 IQ
no duff does sing in the album version on SCO'M
Oh George... Oh George.

Marton
34 IQ
Has anyone heard the song Coma? Its the last song on UYI, I think its one of their better songs and nobody ever talks about it.
phantom lord363
hmmm
180 IQ
I dont think chinese democracy is gunna be that good......axl can't sing anymore really..........

Hey! how funny does axl look with all the platic surgery ****!

apparently Guns N' Roses have a new guitarist (but this is comming from some1 i know who is a very unreliable source of info)
bah
TUMFP
Poetry to Prose...
994 IQ
Chinese Democracy will most definitly be different but also awesome I believe...........w/out the time era, same musicians, they wont produce the same hard rock in your face attitude as other albums........... and Axl may be an asshole from we've all heard but he is an amazing musician
bean-o
348 IQ
Anyone else notice that as soon as they lost Izzy, the band went downhill... Ive heard some of the Chinese Democracy stuff, its not to bad. But it aint the same, to many sound effects and keyboard stuff.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
sixteen times
lightspeed champion
240 IQ
Is it "techno"?

Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Laney VC15
Boss DS-1
Jim Dunlop Crybaby