Page 4 of 247
^

Edit: actually the circumstances of adler's firing are quite murky...adler has always maintained that rose drove him out of the band single-handedly, which would not be surprising since adler once overdosed rose's girlfriend on cocaine and heroin....regardless, i can't understand why adler, slash's childhood friend and first bandmate, is not in VR. He is apparently clean now (after having one or several strokes), so what's the long-lasting grudge about? VR would probably be a much better band with Steven than Matt i think..
It doesn't even have to be new, I'd take an old one, even from like 1959 or something...
Last edited by mid46531 at Dec 11, 2004,
Adler seems to be the only mature person left from that band. He aswers questions on his website and hes said that he'd love to play a reunion thing or whatever. That he wishes the best to Axl, VR etc etc.

Then you hear Slash & Co saying **** about Axl every chance they get and Axl...I have no idea what that guy's up to.
^Izzy was not the main songwriter, Axl was. Thats why Izzy left is because Axl was controlling everything.
Originally posted by mid46531
^

Edit: actually the circumstances of adler's firing are quite murky...adler has always maintained that rose drove him out of the band single-handedly, which would not be surprising since adler once overdosed rose's girlfriend on cocaine and heroin....regardless, i can't understand why adler, slash's childhood friend and first bandmate, is not in VR. He is apparently clean now (after having one or several strokes), so what's the long-lasting grudge about? VR would probably be a much better band with Steven than Matt i think..

I think the long-lasting grudge you refer to is the actually the result of them most recently playing in GNR with Sorum instead of Adler....so naturally, they would ask Matt. Plus, Adler has his own band....
Originally posted by suicidesnowMMen
i am nto even gonna bother cause all of u are 2 dumb...asked would u rather be fat or skinny not, would u want to be fat or skinny"
Originally posted by dyingforwhat
And now the big shocking question!
Slash's tophat( ) or Buckethead's...well... bucket?
the top hat without a doubt
OK heres a question, on the album sleeve for the Gn'R Live Era CD at the back it lists the band and it says 'Steven "popcorn" Adler', whats that all about?
^And, what is the meaning of the phrase Rocket Queen?
i am nto even gonna bother cause all of u are 2 dumb...asked would u rather be fat or skinny not, would u want to be fat or skinny"
^^ Popcorn was Steve's nickname, im not sure why, and Rocket Queen appears to be about a girl Axl knew (great but sometimes contradictory lyrics on that song), in the AFD jacket it says Barbi "Rocket Queen" Von Grief, i guess thats the girl.
It doesn't even have to be new, I'd take an old one, even from like 1959 or something...
Originally posted by canucksrule
I think the long-lasting grudge you refer to is the actually the result of them most recently playing in GNR with Sorum instead of Adler....so naturally, they would ask Matt. Plus, Adler has his own band....

In fact Adler desparately wanted to be in VR, and as for Sorum having been in GNR after Adler, he was in the band a couple of years whereas Steve is Slash's childhood friend and the two of them were basically their own band (Road Crew) for a long while before the other 3 Gunners got them to join. Thats a much stronger tie to Adler for Slash i think, and what could Steve have possibly done to cause a 10-year grudge? Ok he was a heroin addict, and Slash wasn't? They should have helped him, not booted him onto the street after recording a single track for the album....
Originally posted by mid46531
In fact Adler desparately wanted to be in VR, and as for Sorum having been in GNR after Adler, he was in the band a couple of years whereas Steve is Slash's childhood friend and the two of them were basically their own band (Road Crew) for a long while before the other 3 Gunners got them to join. Thats a much stronger tie to Adler for Slash i think, and what could Steve have possibly done to cause a 10-year grudge? Ok he was a heroin addict, and Slash wasn't? They should have helped him, not booted him onto the street after recording a single track for the album....

Oh ok then, well I just read somewhere that the 3 (Slash, Duff, Matt) were playing some benefit gig or something and realized that they could still make music together, so they did, perhaps that's why. They couldn't kick Matt out after saying he was in, that would be just bi<e>tchy.

Thanks for the answer about Rocket Queen though...I was playing that song loudly at work yesterday and the solo came on with Axl or I suppose the girl orgasming in the middle, and they shut it off, and told me I couldn't play the cd player anymore....

...bah I told that old fu<e>ckin' soccer mom to fu<e>ck off basically anyways so it ended up alright.

...bah I told that old fu<e>ckin' soccer mom to fu<e>ck off basically anyways so it ended up alright.

You sound like a dangerous guy.
i was lucky enough to come across find GNR's new autobiography in a bookstore!
^it's not an autobiography is it? I wouldn't've thought Axl would want to do something relatively nice for his fans. Then again, he will do anything for publicity
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I have a question y do people think knockin on heavens door is such a good dong i mean i myself prefer civil war i mean its a lil slow bu tthe solo'd kinda cool but thats it
^Because they like it. Why else?
Quote by Moggan13
Can i please make sweet, sweet many love to you?
Originally posted by SpacedOut

Yes it can, with it taking so long it could be the biggest dissapointment ever, ten years is a long time, long enough to make G'n'R sound dated I'm not expecting great things from this album TBH.

chinese democrocy will suck its not even guns n roses for christs sake its axl and his hired guns, velvet revolver is closer to being guns n roses then guns n roses is to being guns n roses.
axl has a bunch of crackpots working for him the cd is gonna be **** he got the guitarist from nine inch nails for instance and some other ape who parades around in a god damned kfc bucket

velvet revolver kicks ass by the way, good music, its got its own sorta feel doesnt seem like guns n roses but then at the same time it does.
anyways as a person scott is way the hell cooler then axl, axls a cock, i say it often and i will continue to do so, hes the reasons g'n'r split up if he wasnt so greedy theyd still be together
^ totally agree with you. it was axls fault that g n r broke. VR is doing well and i hope they keep going this way. although i think axl is a better vocalist than scott but scott is certainly a better man.
Member #5 of the Nirvana fan Club.
Member #5 of the Grunge Club.
>you66, buckethead isnt in new gnr anymore, just so ya know.
i dont think that cd is going to be as good as the old gnr stuff but its going to be interesting to see where axls style of music has gone.
I disagree with people who say Axl has more vocal talents then Scott. Scott can alter his voice to suit different songs, while Axl it was mainly the same screachy wail, unique but annying. Its like AC/DC's "new" singer, I dunno about anyone else but I can't listen to a full AC/DC album cus his voice is so annoying (Back in Black).
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
^ I disagree. Have you heard It's so Easy? He sings in a really low voice and its hard to tell it's him. There are others like this, but I can't be bothered listing them. And to be honest, I like the "screachy wail". And Brian Johnson's voice.
Quote by Moggan13
Can i please make sweet, sweet many love to you?
IM THINKING ABOUT MAKING A HOMEMADE BOOTLEG, THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT 2. HERE IS THE TRACKLISTING AS FOLLOWS:

MAMA KIN
LIVE AND LET DIE
KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR
AXL ROSE- WHITE XMAS
GODFATHER THEME
HEARTBREAK HOTEL
SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
DUST IN THE WIND
UNDER MY WHEELS**
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY**
WE WILL ROCK YOU**
WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE
ITS ALRIGHT
IMAGINE
LOOK AT YOUR GAME GIRL
JUMPING JACK FLASH
LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS

NOTE: ** GUNS N ROSES FEATURED ON THE SONG

ANY1 GOT ANY OTHER LINKS TO COVER SONGS WHICH AREN'T ON THIS LIST?
Originally posted by Bogbrush
IM THINKING ABOUT MAKING A HOMEMADE BOOTLEG, THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT 2. HERE IS THE TRACKLISTING AS FOLLOWS:

MAMA KIN
LIVE AND LET DIE
KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR
AXL ROSE- WHITE XMAS
GODFATHER THEME
HEARTBREAK HOTEL
SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
DUST IN THE WIND
UNDER MY WHEELS**
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY**
WE WILL ROCK YOU**
WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE
ITS ALRIGHT
IMAGINE
LOOK AT YOUR GAME GIRL
JUMPING JACK FLASH

ITS SO EASY, SO ****IN EASY
Originally posted by Bogbrush

MAMA KIN
LIVE AND LET DIE
KNOCKING ON HEAVENS DOOR
AXL ROSE- WHITE XMAS
GODFATHER THEME
HEARTBREAK HOTEL
SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL
DUST IN THE WIND
UNDER MY WHEELS**
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY**
WE WILL ROCK YOU**
WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE
ITS ALRIGHT
IMAGINE
LOOK AT YOUR GAME GIRL
JUMPING JACK FLASH

Are those all songs covered by GNR???!!??!?!

And if they are, I would hope that they could make "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" a hell of lot less annoying.

Four-sticks, that is Axl using the low voice, and some good songs with it are Sweet Child of Mine and It's So Easy.
and get in the ring
i dunno who the hell i am so why should u

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

\m/ (oo) \m/
Originally posted by sixteen times
Is it "techno"?
it is. thats y slash says he wouldnt play with gnr n e more. he sed that if axl wants to realease a real rock album and he wants slash to play, hell do it
i dunno who the hell i am so why should u

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

\m/ (oo) \m/
Originally posted by grave
they should have included estranged in the greatests hits cuz i would have bought it if they did

linkin park sucks. they have no talent. just facny computers. i mean what is that square button thing anyways?
Originally posted by canucksrule
We know Axl didn't make all the songs, but he did make about 75% of the Use Your Illusions and everyone got credit on Appetite. And your right, a good rock band is nothing without a "rippin" guitarist, and because Slash doesn't do anything special on the VR album, VR blows it out the ass.

youre right there not that good . if you listen to the solo on you got no right thats ones ok and i like the fall to pieces solos. but ya the rest of the songs are kinda cheesy and most of them sound the same.
^^no ****.

i was a little bit disappointed with their performance on the uyi2 dvd though. the guitar and drum solos were pretty uninspiring and the sound was a bit dodgy in some songs. and gilby clarke, they may as well have forgot about rhythm guitar after izzy left cause his playing is non existent on a lot of the tracks.

the theme from the godfather was just about the highlight for me, followed by estranged and you could be mine
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
Originally posted by noodles_wazaman
^^no ****.

i was a little bit disappointed with their performance on the uyi2 dvd though. the guitar and drum solos were pretty uninspiring and the sound was a bit dodgy in some songs. and gilby clarke, they may as well have forgot about rhythm guitar after izzy left cause his playing is non existent on a lot of the tracks.

the theme from the godfather was just about the highlight for me, followed by estranged and you could be mine

I still think it was all right, despite the fact that Axl's attire could have been a little less....well feminine. But yes, I thought that Estranged was one of the better songs, and Gilby Clarke did sh<e>it all.
As for Steven Alder, you know you might have a slight problem if you get kicked out of Guns n' Roses for drugs! Some people will argue with me against this, but I think Izzy was a better guitarist than Slash. Slash is good nonetheless, but Izzy wrote a lot of the songs and could solo with the best of them.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
GNR... Amazing band.. I am a huge fan of GNR!

Everyone says Axl is a dick and he's an asshole. Oh well... Everybody can be one at times. But Axl is awesome. He is a great frontman and is a great songwriter. Guns N Roses is a big thing just like Metallica or Megadeath!.

They had some of the greatest musicians ever Slash - guitarist. His style is really good! He is one of my favorite guitarist. I don't like too much of him in VR because his solo seems limited that's all i hated on the Contraband album but other than that it kicked ass. Slash is awesome. Sick guy in GNR!

Duff McKegan one of the greatest bass players... He is really good and not only is he a bass player but is a guitar player. For instance... if you noticed in Patience by GNR.. He played acoustic along with Izzy and Slash... He is also a good songwriter... He helped Axl write material and is helping Scott Weiland.

There were two drummers. Of course i thought the orignal was better but now that i look at Matt Sorum he did really well with GNR and i like him now better than Steven Adler.

Izzy Stradin , supposedly he is a music producer. For what company who knows.. I'm just hearing what i heard. I liked him i thought he was a good rythym guitar player for GNR. He was my favorite intill that other smuck came into the picture. Lets not get started on that..... But Izzy was awesome.

Gun's N Roses is still awesome and thanks to them they helped pump up the music industry. They sold alot of records and Appetite, Illusions, and There Greatest Hits were awesome. Of course the new GNR that's coming out - Chinese Democracy... I don't think the album is going to be another Apetite. But i think it will be good. It's Axl and a new guns. I hate the fact that it's the new guns because the orignals are better. But it would be awesome if the real GNR got back. I hope for that all the time!

So i conclude that GNR is ****ing awesome. They are a big inspiration to me and my band. Are music is based around them and they really influenced me!

GREAT ****ING BAND! THERE NAME WILL NEVER DIE!

" I flop because im floppy poop"
Last edited by The Floppy Poop at Dec 26, 2004,
Everyone says Axl is a dick and he's an asshole. Oh well... Everybody can be one at times. But Axl is awesome. He is a great frontman and is a great songwriter. Guns N Roses is a big thing just like Metallica or Megadeath!.

i dunno y there is so much hate for Axl on this site. I know that he was a bit of a tyrant at times but Gnr needed a strong leader or else they would hav always been wasted and gotten nothing accomplished.

He is a great singer and i dont think he can rlly be compared to scott. They both hav very powerful voices with different tones. However id argue that axl sings with mor passion but thats just me.

well heres a cheer to GUNS AND FUKING ROSES
"You can't fight in here, this is a war room!"- Dr. Strangelove
as for gilby clarke, i should give the man some credit. while it is clear he didn't contribute a whole lot to gnr, he did produce the self titled debut by the bronx and it is ****ing awesome.

although the production is a bit dodgy, it has a nice raw sound like what metallica should have had for st anger, not the garbage can bashing that they finished with. plus the fact that he is involved with a band such as the bronx tells me that the man is still about good hard rockin music.

also what bands was he in before gnr, worth checkin out?
Ok bangoodcharlotte, Shannon Hoon sang Don't Cry with Axl.
Four-sticks, that is Axl using the low voice, and some good songs with it are Sweet Child of Mine and Its So Easy.
And now the big shocking question!
Slash's tophat( ) or Buckethead's...well... bucket?

thats Duff
you can't spell bureaucratic either dick