Page 5 of 247
Originally posted by Crzyrckgtrst28
hahahaha ur site is horrible and im glad u got banned

Amen brotha.

Here's a question for y'all.

UYI 1 or UYI 2?

I think UYI 2 was better, just because I liked most of the songs on it. However, I do enjoy the great ones from # 1, especially Dust N' Bones.
Originally posted by suicidesnowMMen
i am nto even gonna bother cause all of u are 2 dumb...asked would u rather be fat or skinny not, would u want to be fat or skinny"
^I think they're equally as good. Imagine if they'd taken the best of each and made one album. It would have been perhaps the greatest album ever.
Quote by Moggan13
Can i please make sweet, sweet many love to you?
Last edited by Voodoo Chile at Dec 31, 2004,
^ It would be amazing, but I think that they're is just too much material to make 80 minutes.....theyd've had to cut out nearly 70 minutes just to make 80, and I don't think that it would be possible. I mean, you take Civil War and Estranged and November Rain alone and you have approx. 25 minutes.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Originally posted by «ÃFireÏnside»
^ It would be amazing, but I think that they're is just too much material to make 80 minutes.....theyd've had to cut out nearly 70 minutes just to make 80, and I don't think that it would be possible. I mean, you take Civil War and Estranged and November Rain alone and you have approx. 25 minutes.

But think of how good it would have been! And then they coulda thrown Spaghetti Incident the f<e>uck out and had a semi-good cd with the best tracks left over, not being used on UYI.
i am nto even gonna bother cause all of u are 2 dumb...asked would u rather be fat or skinny not, would u want to be fat or skinny"
^ Now that would be amazing..... I've heard 2 songs off Spaghetti Incident and then never listened to them again, that's how bad I think it is.
Yeah I agree the Spaghetti Incident is a bit crap. I can't say which I prefer out of UYI1 or UYI2.

2 is mostly great, I love stuff like 14 Years, Civil War, Estranged, but Yesterdays annoys me, and My World is just a terrible terrible song.

1 is also great, I love November Rain, Bad Obsession and Double Talkin' Jive, but again, some songs bore me, like Right Next Door To Hell.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
^ Amen to the My World comment......seriously might be one of the worst songs I've ever heard

Though I do like Yesterdays and Right Next Door to Hell.....come to think of it the only song of GNR that is pre-Spaghetti Incident that I don't like is My World.
i like my world sorry guys! right next door to hell is the best way to start use your illusion great song to begin with!dunno who said it a few pages ago that wttj had the best intro but i argree how could anyone write something that good? where the 2 guitars harmonize perfectly.me and my rythem guitarist spent a day just playing wttj the other day but we couldnt get much further than the intro but hell that intros amazin!i love it!Can't wait for chinese demo of course it wont be as good as the oldies but still can't wait! anyone know when its coming out i thought it was last year but apparetly not! anyone know?
wats peoples fav GNR song as well? i kno loads of people r gunna disagree with me but sweet child o' mine is the best!
one more thing Guns N' Roses kick ass!!!!!!!!
"Often licked never beaten......I wish"

"liquor in the front, poker in the back"
Last edited by freemind12 at Jan 1, 2005,
right next door to hell is an awesome song. i like perfect crime too
If you take home anything,
let it be your will to think,
the more cynical you become,
the better off you'll be.
in answer to freemind12, my favourite GN'R song is Nightrain
Quote by Kensai
My favorite GnR song is probably Its So Easy or Nightrain!
With your bitch slap rappin and your cocaine tounge you get nothing done.
My favourite song...either Estranged or Think About You
Favourite for the moment: Used to Love Her

Favourite all in all: Paradise City or It's So Easy.
if anyone was wondering, slash uses a:

marshall JCM 800 or 900 head and speaker
talkbox
Les Paul Premium Plus( i think)
crybaby wah
best gnr song dont cry it rocks \M/
[php]
$myvar = "Gibson Les Paul Custom";
for ($i=0; $i<10; $i++) {
echo $myvar."\n";
}
[/php]
aw **** too many songs to choose from. Ill organize in categories.

Best acoustic: one in a million and patience
Best distortion: welcome to the jungle and Mr. Brownstone.
Best slow: Don't cry.

everything else is great (except for spaghetti incident and a couple of UY1 and UY2 songs)
"You can't fight in here, this is a war room!"- Dr. Strangelove
damn right there's way too many, some of my favourites have to be nightrain, civil war, right next door to hell, rocket queen and sweet child.

how much do the live era cds kick ass, i think they bring out a lot more in most of the songs
noodles_wazaman, I gotta say Nightrain played live, with the extended solo is quite amazing. It should have been a single. The music video for that could have been bad ass if they based it around the lyrics. And just to let u all know if u didnt already, Nightrain is a cheap wine they used to buy for a dollar a bottle. And it ****s you all up when you drink it.

so now do u get it now.. "Im on the nightrain" Read the lyrics again and it will all make sense.

that is all
yeah i never thought much of gnr lyrically until i sat down and read em all one day. they are actually pretty damn good, and i definitely knew that nightrain was about a drug of some sort, so thanks for telling me exactly what they were on about
the solo in sweet cild is awsome!
Originally posted by dying-freely
smoke on the water-jimi hendrix

ahahahaahahahahaha
would Sweet Child O' Mine be called a ballad? I don't really get the whole idea of ballads, so is this one? Thanks
Quote by Kensai
I dont think Sweet Child is a ballad at all. I dont really know wut to call it, other than bad ass. It did win the MTV Video Music Award for Best Heavy Metal Video. I 4get which year that was but it was in the late 80s I think, 88-89 maybe 90.

November Rain is a ballad, and estranged is also considered a ballade by many.
Originally posted by justaplaya
I dont think Sweet Child is a ballad at all. I dont really know wut to call it, other than bad ass. It did win the MTV Video Music Award for Best Heavy Metal Video. I 4get which year that was but it was in the late 80s I think, 88-89 maybe 90.

November Rain is a ballad, and estranged is also considered a ballade by many.

Hah, Sweet Child O' Mine's video is terrible. I'm sure there were at least 100 better videos than that one in the year it was voted that award. I wish that the music video and radio versions of the song didn't cut out half the solo, it just takes so much away from the song.
wut? I always hear the whole song when ever its played on the radio. And I think the video is kick ass. Just the band rockin out, being guns N Roses.
Originally posted by canucksrule
Hah, Sweet Child O' Mine's video is terrible. I'm sure there were at least 100 better videos than that one in the year it was voted that award. I wish that the music video and radio versions of the song didn't cut out half the solo, it just takes so much away from the song.

On the vids I've seen they cut out half of the intro, which is probably my favourite part of the song.
- Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty w/EMG 81 & EMG 85
- Ibanez S470 "Baby Blue"
- Jim Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah Pedal
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- POD 2.0
- Vox AD30VT
I know that the spaghetti incedent s preety much hated, but what do you guys think of lies?

I have really listened to it much, but ive heard patience, ur crazy, one in a million and mama kin and they are all really, really good so why do they only ever sing patience live?
Yeah the Sweet Child video always cuts out the 2nd half of the intro. Damn annoying. And VH1 always cuts off the end of November Rain, ie. the greatest part, when Slash gets up on the piano.
Quote by Kensai
Originally posted by Distortion01
I know that the spaghetti incedent s preety much hated, but what do you guys think of lies?

I have really listened to it much, but ive heard patience, ur crazy, one in a million and mama kin and they are all really, really good so why do they only ever sing patience live?

AMen to that brother. Lies is excellent and totally underated. I think the reason why it is so underplayed is becuz of one in a million. It got bashed by so many critics that they feel like they only need to play patience. Which is gay because i think one in a million is a good song (despite lyrics) and i like all the other ones (except nice boys). Yea i wish it was playd mor.
Originally posted by clockwork555
AMen to that brother. Lies is excellent and totally underated. I think the reason why it is so underplayed is becuz of one in a million. It got bashed by so many critics that they feel like they only need to play patience. Which is gay because i think one in a million is a good song (despite lyrics) and i like all the other ones (except nice boys). Yea i wish it was playd mor.

What's wrong with the lyrics of 'One in a Million'?

But anyways, yes great cd, especially "Patience", "One in a Million", "Used to Love Her", "Mama Kin", and "You're Crazy".
Originally posted by dyingforwhat
My mistake about the name, sorry.
Anyways, in It's So Easy, Axl does use that low voice, and just a bit in Sweet Child of Mine. Those are pretty much the only songs I know that he's used the low voice in.

He used it in Knockin' on Heaven's Door.
Originally posted by canucksrule
But anyways, yes great cd, especially "Patience", "One in a Million", "Used to Love Her", "Mama Kin", and "You're Crazy".

Lies kicks ass. I love all the ones you mentioned, and actually, I love the whole track list. I found a rare version of Mama Kin with GN'R and Aerosmith dueting. Amazing.
Quote by Kensai
where did u find that? I need to here that.
My friend downlaoded it and sent it to me. I think he got it off Limewire or something, dunno though. If you PM me your email I can try and email it to you if you want it.
Quote by Kensai
Originally posted by justaplaya
And I think the video is kick ass. Just the band rockin out, being guns N Roses.

yeah i saw it for the first time today and i cant see how you could say its that bad.
hey who sings dont vry with axl in the video for it and where is izzy had he left at this point?
yeah izzy's already left. my favorite song is november rain and i want slash's guitar, anyone know where to buy it?
"in our house a song was considered s**t if it didn't have a big guitar solo on it"- Slash
^
Just order it offline if you want it that bad, I assume you're talking about the new Gibson Les Paul Slash signature that was released? If not, just find a shop with lots of Les Pauls, it shouldn't be that hard.

Has anyone see the video of a full concert when Guns n' Roses played live at the Ritz in New York, 1988? It's fucking awesome, its when the band was at their peak with all the original members. You can feel the energy they put into their songs, just hard, pure rock.
If not, search for "live guns n roses - live at the ritz, new york 88" on Limewire or Ares. Its worth the download time.
"damn damn damn my coke addled addict of a wife!"
Originally posted by noodles_wazaman
yeah i saw it for the first time today and i cant see how you could say its that bad.

Well, I don't think that any Guns N' Roses videos are really very good. Welcome to the Jungle was all right, and so was Paradise City, but Sweet Child just never came off as very good to me. I also though November Rain was ok, but I never really liked any others. Especially Estranged. That video is disgusting in how confusing it is. I still don't get the dolphins thing.
Yea I agree with you on Estranged. I love GNR videos, well the ones where the band is just playing (WTTJ, SCOM, PC, YCBM, etc). Thats wut GNR was about, Playing music and being bad asses, in most their videos they capture this. Towards the end of their career the videos get really weird.