Hello!
I'm thinking about buying either a Schecter Blackjack C1 ATX or a Jackson SL3MG, but I don't know which one to choose. I play all different kinds of metal and both heavy rythm and lead.
Which one would you pick?
I would choose Jackson (never played a schecter though so can't really comment)
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
I've never played a Jackson I haven't liked. The reverse headstock and sharkfin inlays make the guitar look great, where the wide neck makes it easy to play any genre of music.
PROUD VEGETARIAN!

Bass rig:
Fender MIM Standard Precision Bass (Ginger =])
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II 700/50W Biamp Bass Head
Carvin 6x10 Cab.
MXR M-80 Bass Direct Box

Quote by Offworld92
Choice is a wonderful thing.
Last edited by Nolanrox at Oct 26, 2010,
I'd say Jackson ftw, but that's just a preference thing. Jackson/Schecter necks are worlds apart from each other, you'd have to try both of them to see what you really like.
I've come to realize that every time I drop my pick, it ends up as far away from me as possible. Under my desk. In a corner.
Quote by Arterial
SL3MG?
you dont mean SLSMG?

anyways. Jackson SLSMG hands down.

Since he said the SL3MG, he probably meant the SL3MG

It's a version of the SL3 with EMGs instead of the HSS Seymour Duncan set on the regular SL3.
So would someone used to Ibanez necks be more used to Jackson necks then Schecter necks? Because I might buy a 2nd guitar sometime next Autumn, my current guitar is an Ibanez I got out of a starter pack and I'm looking at either the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR or a Jackson DKMG, the Hellraiser seems to have more features.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Since he said the SL3MG, he probably meant the SL3MG

It's a version of the SL3 with EMGs instead of the HSS Seymour Duncan set on the regular SL3.

oh right.
floating bridge boooo
I personally would go with the Schecter because a), I love my C-1 plus to death, and b), I've never played a Jackson that I liked.
However, if you're used to an Ibanez neck then the Jackson will probably feel more "familiar" to you. Just try them both out and see which one you prefer, it's really the only way to tell which one will be best for you.
Quote by CannedBullets
So would someone used to Ibanez necks be more used to Jackson necks then Schecter necks? Because I might buy a 2nd guitar sometime next Autumn, my current guitar is an Ibanez I got out of a starter pack and I'm looking at either the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR or a Jackson DKMG, the Hellraiser seems to have more features.

dkmg if it's cheap. those guitars came with a lisenced floyd rose and are really nothing amazing except that it's made in japan(some people love that) and has emgs(again, nothing special, just expensive). I always though that price was way too high, myself.
Quote by Lespauljames
^ chainbreaker.

c-c-c-combo breaker
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H