Page 1 of 4
brad5992
1,109 IQ
No threads on this awesome band, really?

Anyways, Balance and Composure are from Doylestown, PA. Theyve got a few EPs out and released their split with Tigers Jaw this year. It rules. Most of you guys have probably heard these guys at some time or another. On tour with Senses Fail, Bayside and Title Fight atm. Get into it.

www.myspace.com/balanceandcomposure
loxer
378 IQ
The split with tigers jaw is ****ing legit.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Great band, they're split is what got me into Tigers Jaw who even more phenomenal.
I'm an asshole.
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
Only heard their split with Tigers Jaw but it is awesome
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
I prefer Only Boundaries to their half of the Tigers Jaw split.
I'm an asshole.
brad5992
1,109 IQ
I had Only Boundaries but slept on it. After hearing the split I went back listened to everything by both bands and now I love both of em.
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
I'm surprised I still haven't listened to these guys.
I drink your milkshake.
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
They're pretty cool, I went to one of their shows in Doylestown with the guitar player from my old band in some youth/senior center thing. They were the best of the group that played at the show.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
But every time I turn the page, I SEE YOUR GODDAMN HAUNTING FACE
It's in myyyyyyyyy waaaayyyyyyyyyy
I'm an asshole.
Last edited by lookpizza at Oct 29, 2010,
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer
6,952 IQ
Sounds good so far, more calm than I expected

edit: nevermind haha
Last edited by Mean Mr Mustard at May 5, 2011,
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
I'll have to check out the new album. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've only listened to their stuff on the tigers jaw split but I've been meaning to check out their other releases.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
Separation is so ****ing amazing. It's a bit early to call but it's definitely a serious contender for AOTY
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Still need to listen to Separation. I will definitely do that tonight.
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
I checked out Separation last night. It was good although I wasn't paying too much attention to it. I'll have to listen to it a few more times.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff

Last edited by guitar_rules311 at May 14, 2011,
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,406 IQ
I'll check it later tonight. Imho their split with Tigers Jaw is the best thing they've done, two great bands, TJ is better in my opinion but B&C's side of the split is better than Tigers Jaw's side.
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
That split rules so hard just because of Kaleidoscope. Listening to the new album now.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
Haven't posted in this thread yet... this is one of my favorite bands. Seeing them next Thursday.
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Separation was cool. I didn't think it was particularly great, but it was a pretty solid record. I'll have to listen to it a few more times.
djims
10 IQ
I'm yet to get Separation but have all their other stuff (that I know of) and love it. I keep hearing Brand New being referenced when people are describing them though. I love both bands but is it just me that doesn't see a huge amount of resemblance?
djims
10 IQ
Yeah, that's what I thought. The magazine i was reading them described them as like "Brand New before they disappeared up their own arses." The only real resemblance I see is the kinda morbid yet witty lyrics. A bit.
the_astronaut
's name is Rylan.
1,699 IQ
Void is kinda Brand New ish. It's also my favourite song on the new album at the moment.
Quote by lookpizza
But every time I turn the page, I SEE YOUR GODDAMN HAUNTING FACE
It's in myyyyyyyyy waaaayyyyyyyyyy

Also, this.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

goldmember1217
No Cure For Fools
411 IQ
For the past couple of weeks I've had like 5 different songs from Separation stuck in my head at the same time. So many good lyrics and melodies there.
djims
10 IQ
Has anyone seen them recently that would be able to give me a rough idea of what they tend to play live? Setlist.fm has nothing. I'm mainly just curious as to how much of their older stuff they tend to play.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
Most of their set is going to be older stuff actually. When I saw them when they played with TDH and Dredg, they closed with Twenty Four, and just played stuff off the EP and the split. Then a song or two off Separation.

Although at the record release show they played a lot more of the new album, and they closed with Defeat the Low instead of Twenty Four, but they still played a lot of stuff off the old albums.

EDIT: They also hate everything off I Just Want to be Pure (even though I like that album). Not sure why... but they'll never play anything off it.
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Jul 21, 2011,
djims
10 IQ
Quote by Kyle<3
Most of their set is going to be older stuff actually. When I saw them when they played with TDH and Dredg, they closed with Twenty Four, and just played stuff off the EP and the split. Then a song or two off Separation.

Although at the record release show they played a lot more of the new album, and they closed with Defeat the Low instead of Twenty Four, but they still played a lot of stuff off the old albums.

EDIT: They also hate everything off I Just Want to be Pure (even though I like that album). Not sure why... but they'll never play anything off it.

Well it kinda sucks to hear I won't get to see them play 'Alone For Now'
I probably prefer I Just Want to be Pure to Only Boundaries really, stoked to hear they play lots of the split stuff. Odd that they often close with Twenty Four though, that's probably my least favourite song off the split.

Really liking Separation too, at this stage my favourites are I tore you apart in my head, Echo, More To Me and Patience. Echo definitely has a Brand New vibe, reminds me a lot of the no seatbelt song.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
Well you're probably alone in the world if you don't like Twenty Four, because 1) That's my favorite song by them. 2) When they played it at the record release show everyone went nuts. There was no mosh, just total pandemonium for a crowd that hadn't really moved much all night.
datskramzkid
HxC Sun God
177 IQ
I saw them with La Dispute, Touche Amore, MDAM and White Wives, and no one really gave a shit about them, until they played Kaleidoscope.
Kyle<3
PANDY POWAR
706 IQ
Quote by datskramzkid
I saw them with La Dispute, Touche Amore, MDAM and White Wives, and no one really gave a shit about them, until they played Kaleidoscope.

Haha, everyone loves that song as well.
djims
10 IQ
Quote by Kyle<3
Well you're probably alone in the world if you don't like Twenty Four, because 1) That's my favorite song by them. 2) When they played it at the record release show everyone went nuts. There was no mosh, just total pandemonium for a crowd that hadn't really moved much all night.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Twenty Four, I would still say it's one of my favourite songs at the moment, it's just that the rest of the split is THAT good. No doubt I will lose my shit over every song they play though, I'm so stoked for it. The acoustic shows will be interesting, I reckon they'll be really good.

Also, for what it's worth, Rope is my favourite.
guitar_rules311
Hayden
722 IQ
I had to miss these guys when they came to my city because I was camping . Although it was worth it because camping was awesome.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182

what a ripoff