Page 4 of 104
Quote by toby3p0
He didn't need to do use the hacksaw at all. Why wouldn't he just break his hand and slip it through the hand cuff?

i thought the same thing but thats just what one of the characters said when they found his hand. just less pain if he would just break his hand....
Like a leaf clings to a tree
Baby please cling to me
We're creatures of the wind...

Wild is the wind
Merle is a hardass, it raises the level or gore and drama etc. Epi 4 was awesome. I was worried about how random it was compared to the comics and then BAM it catches up very nicely. I also love the way these chracters are developing and the unimportant ones just get killed. Like the woman beater for example.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
I didn't realize I was watching LOST :S

*ending of ep4*
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
SPOILERS INCOMING

Ep 4 was awesome! I'm guessing that Darryl ( Not sure how to spell his name ) lured the zombies over there since Merle (?) said "To take his revenge on the camp" or something like that. Although the last minute i was like umm you might wanna move away from here, she'll become a zombie soon. I just wish we'll see what happens next soon..
I downloaded the comic books this weekend, saying that I would read them up until where the episodes are. I read the first 46 books... This shit is addictive -_-'
I've only caught a few of them, I can't work out what times they're on in the UK. Anyone know if you can watch them online anywhere? They're really quite addictive. =/
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I finally got around to watching this. I kept forgetting about it.

I've only watched the first two episodes so far, but I'm really liking it.
Quote by rabbherself
i thought the same thing but thats just what one of the characters said when they found his hand. just less pain if he would just break his hand....

Not to mention that the damn thing would actually heal after some time...unless he is capable of regeneration...
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by Todd Hart
I've only caught a few of them, I can't work out what times they're on in the UK. Anyone know if you can watch them online anywhere? They're really quite addictive. =/

America = Sunday nights

Same ep in England = the next Friday @ 10pm on FX.

I've been downloading the episodes each monday morning and watching again on Friday on proper UK time to do a sort of catch-up in anticipation for the next episode.

I have to say this series is really a lot better than I hoped (that's a good thing ) The ending to our latest one was so incredibly intense and emotional at the same time, but all the while I just keep thinking - "USE THE GRENADE, RICK! PLEASE! USE THE DAMN GRENADE"
I freakin' love this show. I'm glad someone beat me to making an ONLY thread about it. I'm going out to buy the graphic novels today. Can't wait to see how well this show takes off.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
I like what I've seen so far, seen three of them.. I think
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Spoilers for episode 4

NOOOO!! Why did they have to kill off the only hot girl?!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Spoilers for episode 4

Exactly this.
That's what I thought too!

Maybe she'll turn into a hot zombie
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Last edited by MangoStarr at Nov 23, 2010,
Quote by Kensai
Spoilers for episode 4

1. More will be coming soon enough if they follow the comics.
2. If unsure, remind yourself that this is a show about the zombie apocalypse, who survives during this time? Attractive and usually scantily clad women. Always.
Spoilers

I was hoping Merle died. I'm glad the wife beater died.

No more spoilers
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Screw the grenade. I want to see the tank in action. It's just sitting there on the street.
Quote by vultures?OMG
Screw the grenade. I want to see the tank in action. It's just sitting there on the street.

That would be so lame and overdone it would not even be entertaining. I would much prefer to see the characters struggling for their lives rather than suddenly knowing how to operate a tank and mowing through zombies like butter.
Quote by DonGlover
That would be so lame and overdone it would not even be entertaining. I would much prefer to see the characters struggling for their lives rather than suddenly knowing how to operate a tank and mowing through zombies like butter.

I agree. I'm tired of seeing some superhuman amazing warrior slaughter millions of zeds. I like how The Walking Dead has proved to be (so far) as realistic as I had hoped.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
I like the TV show so far. But the comic books are amazing! I was entranced and read issues 1-78 since yesterday.

Complaints about the show:
-Carol should not look 60 years old
-Andrea should be younger and hotter
Quote by psychedelic14
I like the TV show so far. But the comic books are amazing! I was entranced and read issues 1-78 since yesterday.

Complaints about the show:
-Carol should not look 60 years old
-Andrea should be younger and hotter

Well they were trying to depict that Andrea was ten years older than her sister, so that was how they did it.

Carol doesn't look 60 either, maybe late forties, but she has a biker dike haircut and it is graying.
Went out and bought the first compendium and I'm into what would be season five right now. I like how they added the whole Merle thing.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by DonGlover

I disagree. The first thing I thought when you see the walkers fill the street in the first episode was how much fun it would be to see someone just plough through them. Although it would kind of go against the whole realistic style of the series...

Does anyone else find the wife character (Lori?) really unpleasant? I don't mean because she was cheating on Rick, she was told he died after all. She just seems so egotistical and whiny. Storming off away from camp and the whole whining "You just got back here, why would you risk your life" speech. Pretty unsympathetic character.
Quote by vultures?OMG
I disagree. The first thing I thought when you see the walkers fill the street in the first episode was how much fun it would be to see someone just plough through them. Although it would kind of go against the whole realistic style of the series...

That would be one of the worst things they could do. It'd destroy any sense of fear and the 'everyday guy' style of the show.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by jweav8705
What the **** is going to happen with that goddamned GRENADE?!?!?!

+1

I absolutely love this show. I have been waiting for a zombie-series for a long time and this exceeds my expectations by far, even if it's based on a comic.
SPOILERS

The girl who died wasnt that hot.

Rick's wife is the hottest girl in the show.
Quote by vultures?OMG
That would be awful.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by strat335
+1

I absolutely love this show. I have been waiting for a zombie-series for a long time and this exceeds my expectations by far, even if it's based on a comic.
A lot of comicbooks>most zombie related things
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
A lot of comicbooks>most zombie related things

This. But you have to figure in this equation though

Watchmen comic>Walking Dead comic
Watchmen adaptation to film<Walking Dead adaptation to television.

Does that make any sense at all?
Daryl is my favorite character. "Wanna see what happened to the last guy that ****ed with me?!" *throws brother's hand in kid's lap*

Plus he shoots a crossbow, definitely the coolest weapon of choice.

The ending scene in the 4th episode is intense. The older sister with the crazy eyes is pretty good at fake crying too.
Quote by risingforce1
If you want to be good you gotta git gud
The Walking Dead has easier source material to adapt. Plus it's a TV show so they have more time to work with. The extended director's cut of Watchmen is much better than the theatrical version.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
The Walking Dead has easier source material to adapt. Plus it's a TV show so they have more time to work with. The extended director's cut of Watchmen is much better than the theatrical version.

I was considering watching the ultimate cut the other day as a first time for the movie completely. Then I found out it's longer than Godfather Pt 2.

220 EFFING MINUTES?!
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I was considering watching the ultimate cut the other day as a first time for the movie completely. Then I found out it's longer than Godfather Pt 2.

220 EFFING MINUTES?!
It needs it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

This show is ****ing awesome really really freaking awesome, I hope they dont mess it up by putting in talking zombies who can shoot guns or any of that crazy shit

Quote by Bizarro
Sorry, but its true.
Quote by vultures?OMG

Does anyone else find the wife character (Lori?) really unpleasant? I don't mean because she was cheating on Rick, she was told he died after all. She just seems so egotistical and whiny. Storming off away from camp and the whole whining "You just got back here, why would you risk your life" speech. Pretty unsympathetic character.

I think the reason the show is doing so well is how close we can get to the characters and see what their going through. If there was no sense of fear, like Todd Hart said, I think most would lose interest and go play Dead Rising.

I have to agree with Lori though. Tough times call for desperate things. He's risking his life to protect you, the least you could do is give some slack.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Quote by vultures?OMG

Lori comes off as a horrid bitch, especially later in the comics. At least to me anyway.