Page 67 of 104
How I want the episode to end: everybody dies; show over.

How it will end: Nothing happening again, no one dies, on to next season.
pinga
The thing is that apparently the only way to make any meaningful "progression" in this series is killing a character (or more of them).
Because character progression by itself doesn't seem to be able to in this series. Even when there is progression (like Carl going from Annoying kid->Psycho->Annoying teen, or Rick going from Good Cop->Ricktator->Crazy->Farmer) it doesn't feel like you really care about it, or notice it.
Specially when all the same characters are always together in the same settings, and you know they will always be (since it's a zombie apocalypse, there aren't many places where they can go).
Characters dying gives you that "kick" of adrenaline and excitement when watching the show, that would otherwise make it super bland and boring basically.

It still can be boring and unexciting as hell even when that happens. I don't think I remember anything about the episode where Dale died, or cared anything about it for instance. Or even the one where Andrea died.

Also, I've seen lots of people complaining that the finale might be too "predictable" by

DONT READ COMIC AND VIDEOGAME SPOILERS

Terminus being part of the Hunters like in the comics, and them having Beth and cooking her up and serving her to the others like in Episode 2 of Season 1 of the TWD game.
But...why should it be predictable? It might be predictable for people that read the comics and/or played the videogame. But for people that ONLY watch the show it may not be, and that's the only thing that matters basically.
Did people constantly post how "predictable" the Red Wedding was in Game of Thrones? No
But why didn't they? I mean, they read the books so they knew exactly what would happen. But they didn't, and that is normal. Yet here with TWD, this kind of stuff is not only spoiled to everybody (I think every non-comic-reader already knows about this kind of stuff), but also frowned when it happens in the TV show. It's weird.
do people still not realize that there is no ending in the source material. There is no plans for that to happen. It's people surviving in the zombie apocalypse. That's it.

People complaining about the show having no goal are watching the wrong show.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My problem is after having watched the two best shows in tv history (Breaking Bad, the Sopranos) my expectation for anything on tv is very high. It's like I went to bed with Scarlett Johannsen and Natalie Portman, and I come home to Sarah Silverman.
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
It's like I went to bed with Scarlett Johannsen and Natalie Portman, and I come home to Sarah Silverman.

I'm glad I clicked this thread because this is ****ing gold
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
OMG They went there.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
**** YEAH RICK!

About ****ing time.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Cb4rabid
My problem is after having watched the two best shows in tv history (Breaking Bad, the Sopranos) my expectation for anything on tv is very high. It's like I went to bed with Scarlett Johannsen and Natalie Portman, and I come home to Sarah Silverman.
I love you
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
and absolutely nothing happened

oh god im so done with this show. like for real
pinga
^ Nothing happened? Did we watch the same episode?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
I thought a decent amount happened Not as much as I'm accustomed to for season enders but it's whatevs
Quote by SGstriker
^ Nothing happened? Did we watch the same episode?

flashbacks

some walking

they killed the random redneck dudes, of who i didnt care anything about and didnt know their names

more walking

finally show up to terminus, still dont know what this place is

shoot the floor lure them into traincar

"lol dats funny, dey dont no they there screwing wit da wrong ppl"

fin

woopty ****ing doo
pinga
Quote by WCPhils
do people still not realize that there is no ending in the source material. There is no plans for that to happen. It's people surviving in the zombie apocalypse. That's it.

Yeah this.

I thought it was a good episode tonight. Leaves questions for what's gonna happen next season and it leaves suspense which is a good thing for me. I like being left wondering what's going to happen next.

And please quit comparing to Breaking Bad, that show was annoying enough.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by WCPhils

+1 The only bad part of the episode was the flashbacks.
Plenty happened, and it would have been a great episode, but it wasn't finale material. The finale is them trapped in a train car? And Terminus is obviously a cannibal colony.
I thought it was pretty darn good, minus the cheesball last line.

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out...."
"Find out what?"
***Suspense music builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***
"...

....................They're messing with the wrong people"

Nigga, wut???
I literally laughed out loud it was so ridiculous.

But there wasn't anything else that I didn't like. The comic scene with the brutal stabbing scene was awesome. Tying in the snare scene with the running scene inside Terminus was well done. Though I did expect to find a few of the other characters were dead/eaten, I'm not really disappointed. I'm guessing that the first 2-3 episodes of Season 5 are gonna be really, really ****ed up.
Quote by bdof
I thought it was pretty darn good, minus the cheesball last line.

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out...."
"Find out what?"
***Suspense music builds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***
"...

....................They're messing with the wrong people"

Nigga, wut???
I literally laughed out loud it was so ridiculous.

But there wasn't anything else that I didn't like. The comic scene with the brutal stabbing scene was awesome. Tying in the snare scene with the running scene inside Terminus was well done. Though I did expect to find a few of the other characters were dead/eaten, I'm not really disappointed. I'm guessing that the first 2-3 episodes of Season 5 are gonna be really, really ****ed up.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Great ****ing episode, but that last line almost killed the entire thing for me.

Quote by TheChaz
Plenty happened, and it would have been a great episode, but it wasn't finale material. The finale is them trapped in a train car? And Terminus is obviously a cannibal colony.

Cannibal Cult is more appropriate, I think. They obviously sacrifice people.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Last edited by SGstriker at Mar 30, 2014,
Halfway through the episode

HOLY SHIT RICK!!!

**** YES!!!!!!!!

best scene from the comics and the show
___

Quote by The_Blode
Finished the ep

Pretty good. Set up next season quite nicely. Will be interesting to see how Tyreese and Carol ending up there will change things.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Finished the ep

Pretty good. Set up next season quite nicely. Will be interesting to see how Tyreese and Carol ending up there will change things.

It'll probably be like DBZ. Three episodes of Rick charging his spirit bomb while Carol runs around and blows stuff up for no reason.
I walked in when Rick was biting the guy. I thought he turned. Good episode, finally. Though I kinda like the guy Rick bit. I have a shotgun just like his. We could have been apocalypse buddies.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
"They're screwing with the wrong people.". That's it? Really?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Last edited by damian_91 at Mar 31, 2014,
I love how Rick can deduce everything from a chain, then pull a gun in the middle of a huge encampment, then go exactly where they bullets were telling them to. The bullets hitting the ground and Rick's group just scurrying like a bunch of meddling kids was extremely cartoonish. Though I did not expect them to go that far with Carl. Some people had brought that up in here while discussing the comic, but I did not think they'd actually somewhat do it.

I thought this was a decent episode with good dialogue and pretty entertaining, that last bit was just dumb, though.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I was anticipating for Rick to say, "They're fucking with the wrong guys/people"

It would of been really powerful since there's never been a single swear word on the show despite the mature adult theme, but I guess they're avoiding that completely.

Great episode though

I downloaded two episodes that went out of sync when darrell shows up. MY hdmi port is busted so I thought it might have been the file being uncompatible with my external harddrive I put it on so converted to another type of file but that didn't work, so I download another - same problem and then another before it finally worked.

My girlfriend started freaking out because it took the original episode longer to download then usual (2 hours, finished at midnight), and then this delayed us another hour and she has to wake up at 6 am, and her favourite character is darrell it all worked out but we were seriously stressing hard for a bit there. Then rick got his beastmode on and we all calmed down after he sunk his teeth into that guys neck.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
I was anticipating for Rick to say, "They're fucking with the wrong guys/people"

It would of been really powerful since there's never been a single swear word on the show despite the mature adult theme, but I guess they're avoiding that completely.

I always found it hard to really get into a show where something major is happening, and everyone is saying "crap" and "freakin".

If there's a zombie near me, the bulk of what I say would be swear words.

Fuck the FCC though, for real.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
I liked it.

The Joe's group confrontation was as awesome as the comic book one. To be honest, I didn't think it'd happen right away, that Joe's group would capture Rick's group, and they'd have a different type of confrontation. Got a pleasant surprise when that happened!

The Terminus part was good too. At first I was like "Wtf are some artsy hipsters doing here?" though.
Kind of glad it "resolved" quickly, and they wouldn't be revealed as assholes (and maybe other things) until next season or something.

Still, no Beth, and No Carol/Judith/Tyreese.
But, with Carol's group still outside Terminus, and that bag of weapons buried outside....we all know what will happen
Rambo Asskicker

Anyways....the more I think about it the more I doubt Beth already being at Terminus. She was taken at a graveyard WAY too far from Terminus. Would a hipster or old lady from Terminus be at that graveyard? Why? To gather people? But they are doing such a good job of luring people into their home, why go to a graveyard dunno how many miles away, stay there alone eating jam, and wait for little blond girls to arrive to kidnap them?
Then again, I dunno who it was that said Gabriel's character was merged or something into the Gareth character. SLIGHT SPOILERS I GUESS Gabriel was a priest in the comic books, and since there was a Christian cross on the back of the car that took Beth, we'd assume that Gabriel would be behind it. But if Gabriel is in fact Gareth, then it can't be Gabriel.
Though I'm not sure about that last point. Did someone at the TWD crew confirm Gabriel's character was reformed into the Gareth one?
If not....then yeah I think it's more likely Beth was taken by some other random dude, most likely a random hermit already living in the cemetary, or Gabriel.
But still she could be at Terminus.
I think this might actually be a legitimate cliffhanger in the show for me, in which I have absolutely no idea what happened or can happen to Beth, even after having read the comics.
Do you guys know what Rick said when him and CO got into the satanic room?
Right after Michonne said "I don't think they are trying to kill us", he says something like "No, they're raving their feet" or "No, they are bringing them to feed" or some shit like that, I can't make it out

EDIT: Yeah on 2nd viewing it's not satanic. Just some creepy candles and messages on the floor/walls.

Also. THEY HAVE A ****ING GUITAR. FINALLY SOME MUSIC OTHER THAN BETH'S SINGING
Last edited by gonzaw at Mar 31, 2014,
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. THAT WAS MADNESS.

I was literally eating cereal when Rick went all walker on him

The last line..... as badass as it wanted to sound.... it just didn't do it for me.

Fucking with the wrong people... would have suited it more better IMO.

Then I find out that was what he said in the comic
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. THAT WAS MADNESS.

I was literally eating cereal when Rick went all walker on him

The last line..... as badass as it wanted to sound.... it just didn't do it for me.

Fucking with the wrong people... would have suited it more better IMO.

Then I find out that was what he said in the comic

Was it really? I've never read them, but I felt like thats what he should of said
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by Wiegenlied
Was it really? I've never read them, but I felt like thats what he should of said

Apparently so..

Spoilered for large
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽