WalrusNutFart
1,352 IQ
It's definitely a classic rock song. The only part I hear in my head is the main riff so I tabbed it out and it goes like this. There is a flute that is also paying the riff. The sad thing is that I think I have this song, I just have far too much music to go through. This is really bugging me cause I know that I know this song.
e------------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------
A ------------------0----0-2--2-0---------------------------
E-0---0-0--2---2-----------------2------0---0-0-2---2-0
Last edited by WalrusNutFart at Nov 3, 2010,
cobracarg
Rock/Blues/Metal Player
166 IQ
its maybe a jethro tull song because they are the first classic rock band that came in mind that use flutes alot in their songs,
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
Quote by Mangohabs
...great post

Quote by Headphonehead
@ Cobracarg: 1 word:Genius!!!
Ok can we stop sucking this dudes dick and deal with my question?
WalrusNutFart
1,352 IQ
No I don't think it's Jethro Tull, or at least not any of the Tull that I have. Thanks for the suggestion though.
master
UG Board King
1,387 IQ
I don't recognize the riff but I know the Moody Blues, Focus, and Canned Heat sometimes feature the flute. If you have those bands in your collection it might be a good place to start.
WalrusNutFart
1,352 IQ
Quote by master
I don't recognize the riff but I know the Moody Blues, Focus, and Canned Heat sometimes feature the flute. If you have those bands in your collection it might be a good place to start.

Yeah the riff is too heavy for the moody blues and canned heat. I don't know about Focus though, I've never heard them. I'll go have a listen. Maybe I thought I had heard the song before, but I just played it back today and I really am not sure if it's a song. I've had this happen a couple times before, but I usually can tell if it's a song within a short amount of time because I had been listening to it recently. I just heard this one in my head the other day, and realized it sounds very similar to a riff that I wrote last year, so I'm starting to think it's original.