ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
ok so ive gotten a lot of new stuff in the past few months and im finally making a thread about it haha. pcitures and video below. enjoy.

LTD H-307

i really love this guitar. im upgrading from a schecter omen 7 and wow this thing blows the schecter away. it feels great to play and has become my main guitar. i know everyone hates emg hz pickups, but for stock pickups they sound fine. definitely wouldnt buy these to upgrade a guitar, but they work for now. also, the finish on this guitar is beautiful. i picked this up used for 450. ive seen them go from 400-700 online so i think i got a pretty good deal.

ok so here we have a 4 space rack with a furman power conditioner, t.c. electronics g major 2, and behringer fcb1010.

this rack replaced my pedalboard, and i love it. the effects on the g major sound great for my needs and the ability to switch channels on my amp along with the presets makes my life very easy haha. for example, in one of my band's songs, i start the song with my clean channel, a reverse delay, some reverb, and a slight detune effect. then i switch to my distorion channel, no effects, but a little low end boost in my eq. then later in the song i switch to a preset with my distortion channel, some delay, a light reverb, and a slight mid boost. each setting just takes one button press. with my pedalboard i would have to hit my delay, reverb, and footswitch, then change the setting on my delay for the ending part haha. i just like simplicity, and this rack gives me that.

the behringer foot controller works really well for me. it seems solid and im sure itll last me a while. i can have 10 presets per bank, which is nice because i can have my 10 favorite presets all in one bank to recall quickly. the 2 expression pedals are cool because i can have one always set for volume, and the other can control whatever. the only downside to this setup is i cant run the way and compression through the front of the amp. i dont use either much, though, so it's ok

anyway, here are a couple youtube videos of my dicking around with some effects. if you are interested in an amp demo, i may put one up tomorrow, but for now the first section of each video will have to do haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCeqEQyjrCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DGP5NjZEe0

note: my bassist's giant homemade cab in the background IS cool. thanks

note 2: both videos were recorded with a sony bloggie touch hd. it's a pretty cool camera if anyone is looking for a simple camera with decent quality.

oh, and just because.

i freakin love choco tacos.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
mcraddict81592
Fuzz Addict...
250 IQ
I lol'd at the rack.

HNGD.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
oh i know! that's why i cinluded a pciture of the back of the neck. it feels like my hand is just going to smack into the bridge when i slide up hahaha.

oh, and thanks. i hoped i could ruin a few peoples' days :p
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
Quote by AcousticMirror
where's the mesa.

i sold it so i could buy the ltd and a classical guitar. guess i could have included the classical in here too. oh well lol. it's a takamine c132s from 1977

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
GibsonMan321
Semi-Lurker
41 IQ
I was wondering if there was a way to do all the effects/channel switching in one... I might have to look into this and sell all my pedals lol! except my wah. that stays.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
justinb904
Mother F***ing Engines
113 IQ
that guitar looks awesome
HNSD!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
Quote by GibsonMan321
I was wondering if there was a way to do all the effects/channel switching in one... I might have to look into this and sell all my pedals lol! except my wah. that stays.

yeah it's great. and it's neater ahha. no cables everywhere. definitely keep the wah though if you use it...at all. haha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
nutinpwnsgibson
100 IQ
that XXX sounds killer, i have around 600 bucks in my amp fund now, im hoping that one will show up in the used store
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
that XXX sounds killer, i have around 600 bucks in my amp fund now, im hoping that one will show up in the used store

i think youll love it. i noticed the periphery link. you can definitely get some djenty sounds on the low B with this amp also, the d-sonic sounds great through it. i have one in my ibanez

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
nutinpwnsgibson
100 IQ
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i think youll love it. i noticed the periphery link. you can definitely get some djenty sounds on the low B with this amp also, the d-sonic sounds great through it. i have one in my ibanez

thanks man. now that i have over 500 bucks, i was thinking about getting the 6505/5150, which is less hard to find, but since i play a more progressive style, and am starting to learn jazz, and therefore need more clarity than "balls", i think the xxx would fit me better. plus not everyone under the sun has the xxx
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
FrustratedRocka
UG's Turntablist
100 IQ
HNSD! Giving me serious GAS!

EDIT: How do you have it wired? And hypothetically, would it be able to switch channels on an amp that required a midi footswitch?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Nov 17, 2010,
nutinpwnsgibson
100 IQ
by the way, just out of curiosity, how does using the g major to control amp channels work? does the g major have an input that you plug the amp's footswitch jack out into or something?
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
FrustratedRocka
UG's Turntablist
100 IQ
Oh, by the way - if you want jazz, stay well away from the XXX. Very bright, and from what I hear, a bit too hot for jazz.

EDIT: Also, how are your stompboxes wired into that?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Nov 17, 2010,
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
190 IQ
Hot. Choco Tacos are the godamned shit.

Fo' real.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
mtshark
is the bees knees
70 IQ
HNGD!!! Looks great!!!

However...
Quote by InanezGuitars44

I pride myself on my humility.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
ok to answer a few questions:

the g major has a jack that you send a cable from and plug it into your footswitch jack on your amp.

the g major wouldnt be able to switch a midi controlled amp. the channel switching relays are analog. they just flip a switch pretty much haha. it has 2 relays that can both be open or closed. one of the relays controls whether my amp is on clean or crunch/ultra, and the other switches between crunch and ultra.

ill try to take some more pictures of the ltd soon and get another video up. maybe ill pull out the classical guitar haha.

the pedals are going in to the front of the amp. i dont use the tubescreamer anymore, but the isp is plugged in to the front and always stays on.

and to the guy wanting to play jazz, the xxx isnt the "greatest" amp for jazz by any means, but it can hold it's own in pretty much any genre. if i make another video tomorrow ill try to include some jazzier stuff and some different clean tones. any other requests for the video are welcome. maybe ill go learn a few deftones riffs for whoever suggested that hahaha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
AcousticMirror
loves cheesecake
450 IQ
i like the xxx. although i think the 3120 sounds a bit better. wish it had another lead channel with even more gain then then it would rox.

also i had a chocotaco the other day.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
eyebanez333
UG's storm chaser
540 IQ
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the xxx isnt the "greatest" amp for jazz by any means, but it can hold it's own in pretty much any genre.

Agreed. It's a very versatile amp IMO. The switching on the Gmajor is cool too. Which cable did you buy to go from the Gmajor to the XXX? I got mine from FJA.

Quote by AcousticMirror
i like the xxx. although i think the 3120 sounds a bit better.

The XXX can sound that way too if you swap EL34s in it
jpatan
UG's only REAL Llama
140 IQ
I have the G major 2 and FCB1010 combination as well, and it effin' rocks. There are SO many options and variables, I haven't even begun to scratch the surface yet. You should look into the UNO mod for the FCB1010. All you have to do is replace a $10 EPROM chip and you can have stompbox mode. I love being able to have a single preset for a song, and just switch the individual effects on and off as needed.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
great OP.

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
nutinpwnsgibson
100 IQ
im not buying an amp for jazz really, was just point out that it has cleaner cleans than a 5150 will. probably gonna wait till christmas, then sell my current amp and buy a XXX as well as a cab since by then i'll be able to afford one
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
i think youll enjoy the xxx then. it can get a close 5150 tone, just missing a little of that aggressive lower mid tone.

also for the person asking about the cable, i spliced together a stereo cable and a cable that fit the xxx haha

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
AcousticMirror
loves cheesecake
450 IQ
Quote by eyebanez333
Agreed. It's a very versatile amp IMO. The switching on the Gmajor is cool too. Which cable did you buy to go from the Gmajor to the XXX? I got mine from FJA.

The XXX can sound that way too if you swap EL34s in it

that's just like your opinion man.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
Quote by AcousticMirror

yeah i did that

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
eyebanez333
UG's storm chaser
540 IQ
Quote by AcousticMirror

How so? The 3120 is the same amp as the XXX but with EL34s stock If you like the 3120 over the XXX...put EL34s in the XXX.
311ZOSOVHJH
G G A - B A B Y
750 IQ
^ +1 Justin.

The 3120 is a cool amp if you like the aesthetics. Otherwise, it is a lot cheaper (and cooler looking) to just get an XXX, make the resistor change and run it with EL34s.

I noticed at GC they were on clearance for $750. I'd still rather have a Renegade
ibanezguitars44
Tab Contributor
130 IQ
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ +1 Justin.

The 3120 is a cool amp if you like the aesthetics. Otherwise, it is a lot cheaper (and cooler looking) to just get an XXX, make the resistor change and run it with EL34s.

I noticed at GC they were on clearance for $750. I'd still rather have a Renegade

i got my xxx from a friend for 100. then sold my 5150 for 650 to buy the rack, power conditioner, g major, and foot controller

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣