Page 3 of 4
Weakling stands out the most on Filth for me.

The wailing guitars, plodding bass, and desolate percussion like clockwork while Gira rambles into the mic like he's having a bad trip

This isn't real...
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I fucking love Swans

apparently Jarboe has recorded backing vocals for the upcoming album, which makes me pretty excited
Quote by BenRaah

apparently Jarboe has recorded backing vocals for the upcoming album, which makes me pretty excited

That should be interesting, do you have a link?

Also, I think that Body to Body, Job to Job is my favorite Swans release
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Unfortunately not. I remember Gira mentioned it somewhere on their facebook page recently but i can't seem to find it now, which is a bummer.

I think Children of God is my favourite.
Oh ok. Thanks for the info though. It's kind of weird that they're giving her a guest spot, considering Gira was so against the idea earlier
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by progbass
Weakling stands out the most on Filth for me.

The wailing guitars, plodding bass, and desolate percussion like clockwork while Gira rambles into the mic like he's having a bad trip

This isn't real...

Still nothing compraes to any of Swans work, the vocal performance of that album just screams of disastisfaction and modern decay.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I have a buddy who is obsessed with these guys, where should I start with them? I've heard Soundtracks for the Blind, but I dunno
Just start with the earliest material you can find and move forward. It's like an early draft of Godflesh.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
or The Great Annihilator,my personal favorite.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by progbass
Children of God fo sho.

Hell yeah.

Let the light come in!
DAMN YOU TO HELL!
Let the light come in!
DAMN YOU TO HELL!
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
There's very little mention of Cop on this thread, that was a brilliant album, Half Life was one of their heaviest songs ever. I managed to pick up Giras The Consumer for £20 a few days ago, a lot of you will know how much of a bargain that is!
I'm seeing Swans in November in London, apparently they're playing a 3 and a half hour set, awesome.
Picked up the new album on monday, holy fuck it's good. Still haven't had time to digest it properly but my initial feeling is that they've taken the sound from the last record and explored it and expanded on it to the absolute limit of their capabilities.

Looking forward to the London gig even more now.
I have heard it but can't afford it yet. I had to take a break between the two disks, but what I did here was possibly some of the best Swans material I've ever heard.
The Seer is a brilliant album, 93 Ave. Blues really reminds me of Filth/Cop era Swans. Karen O sounds incredible on Song For A Warrior as well. I picked up an almost mint copy of The Consumer for £20 too, so there's Swans goodness all around.
Quote by NegiTom
The Seer is a brilliant album, 93 Ave. Blues really reminds me of Filth/Cop era Swans. Karen O sounds incredible on Song For A Warrior as well. I picked up an almost mint copy of The Consumer for £20 too, so there's Swans goodness all around.

I've heard that it's one of the sickest and most twisted books ever.
Hey guys, seeing Swans at Koko in London on November 15th, I know I'm probably not supposed to do this, but if anyone has a sofa or car I can sleep in that would be so helpful.
Just got my ticket for Swans, Ben Frost, Grouper and more in London next month.

I hope to god Swans do The Apostate again because those last ten minutes are the coolest shit ever, especially live
I'll wait until I get the album. Seeing them in Brighton in June.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I wanna spin my TBK vinyl so badly but too much uni shit

Also gutted I missed them when they came here a good while ago