Page 176 of 176
Sanysun
Banned
10 IQ
I only want to throw firecrackers, but also throwing bombs. They threw firecrackers in order to attract the attention of others, confuse the enemy; throwing bombs is my real purpose.
UG Nerd
468 IQ
Quote by johnhaymanjobs
Not sure if this is the right place, but I am looking for songs similar to Laser Speed by BTBAM. What is this genre even called?

The first half of it? Metal/Hardcore bands fucking around on an acoustic guitar.
The second half of it? Elevator music.

For the first one here's some songs you might like...

7 Angels 7 Plagues - The Afternoon
Purtenance - Lacus Somniorum
Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways
The intro to Anata - Slain Upon His Altar
Johnny Truant - Vultures
Prayer For Cleansing - Sleep Eternal
Undying - Arrangement For Invisible Voices

For the second one I'd say go to an elevator or a shitty local jazz club.
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
SM you should try out Deep Wound and Larm if you're not already familiar
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
supertom1
Kvlt poser kid
926 IQ
Can anybody recommend me some prog/tech death in the French Canadian style? Bands similar to Augury, Beyond Creation, Martyr, Quo Vadis etc. etc. A streak of brutal death a la Suffocation or Deeds of Flesh would be great if possible, but I'll take more melodic bands as well. Oh, and no bands who string together unrelated riffs either. Thanks in advance
".....They all believe in lies - lies - why?
Is it so hard for them to see, logical reality - we bleed,
we die - there's nothing once you've finished life."
Last edited by supertom1 at Mar 14, 2016,
severed-metal
moo
4,307 IQ
Quote by MHDrunk
SM you should try out Deep Wound and Larm if you're not already familiar

Familiar with Larm but not Deep Wound, or rather, very surface with the former. What should I get?
BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
I'm venturing back in here after quite a while. Been out of touch with Metal for quite a while. I got really in to Scar Symmetry last year, and I've been on that kick for a while. The Singularity is alright, but I prefer Holographic Universe. I generally dig prog death metal or melodeath. I've always been a big Opeth fan. I also got in to Periphery recently, but not too much

basically, could I get some recommendations for Metal, preferably Death Metal, with some nice clean vocals and maybe prog elements. Solid MeloDeath might be nice too. Still getting a feel for how my tastes have shifted. I'm not opposed to bands having -core tendencies.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
Get Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace for progressive death, amazing album
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

BladeSlinger
nerd
1,793 IQ
Quote by MHDrunk
Get Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace for progressive death, amazing album

is good

anything with more groals?
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
progbass
UG Resident
1,030 IQ
Oddly enough, I've owned both of those albums at one point
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Quote by supertom1
Can anybody recommend me some prog/tech death in the French Canadian style? Bands similar to Augury, Beyond Creation, Martyr, Quo Vadis etc. etc. A streak of brutal death a la Suffocation or Deeds of Flesh would be great if possible, but I'll take more melodic bands as well. Oh, and no bands who string together unrelated riffs either. Thanks in advance

Hello, here are some recommendations. I hope that you will find something of value in them. I signified bands from Quebec with (Q). Of the bands that you mentioned, my definite favorite is Augury (both albums).

Try these first:
Neuraxis (Q) - Trilateral Progression ~ The Thin Line Between

Gorguts (Q) - The Erosion of Sanity

Obliveon (Q) - From This Day Forward
Try the song "Fiction of Veracity."

Ceremonium - No Longer Silent
This album is less relevant than those above, but I highly recommend it nonetheless.

Secondary recommendations:
Cryptopsy (Q) - None So Vile
Not akin to the bands that you listed, but worth mentioning.

Vengeful (Q) - The Omnipresent Curse
This album has flaws (the drums are annoying), but it is fairly interesting.

Theory in Practice - "Colonizing the Sun"
I only feel comfortable recommending this song. It's the best on the album, I think.

Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Overall, not recommended. The song structures are unadventurous, and partially due to that this album gets boring. Some of the guitar parts are interesting, though.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Mar 20, 2016,
supertom1
Kvlt poser kid
926 IQ
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Hello, here are some recommendations. I hope that you will find something of value in them. I signified bands from Quebec with (Q). Of the bands that you mentioned, my definite favorite is Augury (both albums).

Try these first:
Neuraxis (Q) - Trilateral Progression ~ The Thin Line Between

Gorguts (Q) - The Erosion of Sanity

Obliveon (Q) - From This Day Forward
Try the song "Fiction of Veracity."

Ceremonium - No Longer Silent
This album is less relevant than those above, but I highly recommend it nonetheless.

Secondary recommendations:
Cryptopsy (Q) - None So Vile
Not akin to the bands that you listed, but worth mentioning.

Vengeful (Q) - The Omnipresent Curse
This album has flaws (the drums are annoying), but it is fairly interesting.

Theory in Practice - "Colonizing the Sun"
I only feel comfortable recommending this song. It's the best on the album, I think.

Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Overall, not recommended. The song structures are unadventurous, and partially due to that this album gets boring. Some of the guitar parts are interesting, though.

Thanks for the list man, that should be enough to keep me going for some time. Already listened to Gorguts and Cryptopsy and liked what I heard very much. Obliveon's From This Day Forward is kinda an old-school take on the sound I was looking for (ie. thanks a ton for recommending it)
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
^You are welcome. I only recently discovered From This Day Forward myself. As you can see from this picture, Patrick from Augury is (or was) a fan of Obliveon.
supertom1
Kvlt poser kid
926 IQ
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
^You are welcome. I only recently discovered From This Day Forward myself. As you can see from this picture, Patrick from Augury is (or was) a fan of Obliveon.

Hey, I just remembered you were the guy who gave some really helpful advice in that thread about death metal composition. Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom with those viewing the thread, as it really helped me!
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Quote by supertom1
Hey, I just remembered you were the guy who gave some really helpful advice in that thread about death metal composition. Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom with those viewing the thread, as it really helped me!

I am glad that you found those posts helpful! I appreciate you letting me know; nobody really responded to my words in that thread, and I sort of took that to mean that people were silently disagreeing with me or disapproving of the way that I talked about the music (though that might not have been the case). I did have conviction in what I said, but to a certain extent I was just thinking out loud and I would have wanted any dissenters to explain their positions / ideas too and start a discussion. I hope that no one took me to be in favor of some sort of academic formalization of heavy metal composition. On the contrary, I think that that would be an effective method of killing and sterilizing this kind of music. However, some analysis, if conducted with an appropriate mindset, can be helpful to both composers and listeners.
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Mar 22, 2016,
groobert
21 IQ
Not sure if you guys have been introduced to the wonderful world of djent but here goes nothing!Some of my favourite metal bands just now all themed around the genre of djent

Periphery - Icarus Lives
TesseracT - Utopia
Animals as Leaders - CAFO
MONUMENTS - I, The Creator

Hope you find something you like!
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
from google:

Djent /ˈdʒɛnt/ is a style of heavy metal music that developed as a spinoff of traditional progressive metal. The word "djent" is an onomatopoeia for the distinctive high-gain, distorted palm-muted, low pitch guitar sound most notably employed by bands like Meshuggah and Sikth

well i dont like the sound of this. perhaps we could discuss how to put a stop to the people that want to make it?

AmadeoQuattro
166 IQ
Could anyone recommend me some bands that write songs similar to God Is Dead by Black Sabbath? I enjoy that slow, brooding atmosphere with slightly distorted chords, but still has clean singing and plenty of melody. I like that classical doom style so if anyone knows of anything similar, I'd like to check it out.
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
Quote by AmadeoQuattro
Could anyone recommend me some bands that write songs similar to God Is Dead by Black Sabbath? I enjoy that slow, brooding atmosphere with slightly distorted chords, but still has clean singing and plenty of melody. I like that classical doom style so if anyone knows of anything similar, I'd like to check it out.

Black Hole - Land of Mystery
Paul Chain - Into the Darkness

MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
^ the words 'progressive', 'brutal', 'groove', and 'core' featured far too many times for me to be interested in any of that

sodagloria
Banned
10 IQ
Welcome to buy our company’s concrete mixer. So how to buy and select concrete mixer? Please see this article for details!

cheap concrete block making machine,twin shaft concrete mixer,concrete block making machine,

When buying concrete mixer block making machines, what we need is good quality, good after-sale service, low failure rate and fabulous operation effect.

Different kinds of concrete mixers have different operation modes. For example, commercial concrete mixers and engineering concrete mixers have different ways of production.

The feeding mechanism of concrete mixer:

Feeding mechanism consists of a feeding frame, a hopper, lifting motor, gearbox and other parts. The feeding frame is composed of two sectional track frames and the upper track frame is fixed to the chassis by using bolts. The upper and lower sections of track frame are connected by bolts. The end of lower track frame goes deep into material pit. The hopper is driven by reduction gear box to rise or fall.

The water supply system of concrete mixer:

The water supply system is composed of a motor, water pump mobile concrete batching mixing plant, water tank and pipelines, etc.. Water is poured by water tank into water pump and air is discharged out of water pump and then rotate the water pump. Finally water is sprayed into the mixing drum along pipeline.

twin shaft concrete mixer:http://www.beton-mixer.com/products/concrete-mixer/diesel-concrete-mixers.html
mobile concrete batching mixing plant:http://www.daswellchina.com/products/concrete-mixing-plant/hzs120-ready-mixed-concrete-mixing-plant.html
concrete block making machine:http://www.dwblockmakingmachine.com/product/block-making-machine/dmbd-block-making-machine.html
cheap concrete block making machine:http://www.blockmakingmachinery.org/products/DMBE-2-45-Mobile-Block-Making-Machine.html
block making machines:http://www.hollow-block-machine.com/products/dmbe-egg-laying-hollow-block-machine.html
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Quote by sodagloria
Welcome to buy our company’s concrete mixer. So how to buy and select concrete mixer? Please see this article for details!

cheap concrete block making machine,twin shaft concrete mixer,concrete block making machine,

When buying concrete mixer block making machines, what we need is good quality, good after-sale service, low failure rate and fabulous operation effect.

Different kinds of concrete mixers have different operation modes. For example, commercial concrete mixers and engineering concrete mixers have different ways of production.

The feeding mechanism of concrete mixer:

Feeding mechanism consists of a feeding frame, a hopper, lifting motor, gearbox and other parts. The feeding frame is composed of two sectional track frames and the upper track frame is fixed to the chassis by using bolts. The upper and lower sections of track frame are connected by bolts. The end of lower track frame goes deep into material pit. The hopper is driven by reduction gear box to rise or fall.

The water supply system of concrete mixer:

The water supply system is composed of a motor, water pump mobile concrete batching mixing plant, water tank and pipelines, etc.. Water is poured by water tank into water pump and air is discharged out of water pump and then rotate the water pump. Finally water is sprayed into the mixing drum along pipeline.

twin shaft concrete mixer:http://www.beton-mixer.com/products/concrete-mixer/diesel-concrete-mixers.html
mobile concrete batching mixing plant:http://www.daswellchina.com/products/concrete-mixing-plant/hzs120-ready-mixed-concrete-mixing-plant.html
concrete block making machine:http://www.dwblockmakingmachine.com/product/block-making-machine/dmbd-block-making-machine.html
cheap concrete block making machine:http://www.blockmakingmachinery.org/products/DMBE-2-45-Mobile-Block-Making-Machine.html
block making machines:http://www.hollow-block-machine.com/products/dmbe-egg-laying-hollow-block-machine.html

if you have the misfortune of being a human somewhere down the line, please slap your mother for me on account of her breeding an imbecile.

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
eazy-c
Angus McHighlands
559 IQ
That's the heaviest stuff I've seen posted here.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Hi guys, what's going on?

I've turned gay since the last time I was here (ie. am no longer kvlt/no longer listen to most underground death/black), but I wouldn't mind some recommendations anyway. Chances are, I know most things pre-2013, but I really dropped out and stopped paying any real attention to the scene after that. In the last few years, the only new things I've enjoyed have been Obsequiae and the new Summoning. I still listen to a bit of Bathory, Atlantean Kodex, Caladan Brood, the occasional Cynic, Atheist and Obliveon, but not much else. Any genre is theoretically fine, but if it's typical death/black/thrash, then no thanks. I suppose I'm looking for something more flowery, relatively-speaking. Not looking in the right genre, am I? :p
I've found Jesus
MHDrunk
The Mad Baron
2,930 IQ
Did you change your signature but not realise the link is dead? :P

P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Hi Contraband. Based on your post, I will recommend Cóndor - Duin as a recent release that you might enjoy. Another suggestion in a different sub-genre is Realmbuilder - Blue Flame Cavalry, but I can only recommend it tentatively because I recently discovered it myself. Part of me also wants to mention Adramelch - Irae Melanox (an older album), but I think that it's probably not what you are seeking. I know that I did not actually describe any of these albums, but I would rather let the music speak for itself. Listening to one or two songs usually gives a pretty good idea.

edit: For an Obsequiae-type mood, consider trying Olkoth - The Immortal Depths, a demo from this year. It has a graveyard atmosphere, yet the music is almost playful. The first song is the strongest; the other two lack direction.

Also, if your signature is sincere, then maybe try Lordian Guard - Lordian Guard?
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Jun 7, 2016,
VampireGoldfish
Suddenly...
3,617 IQ
Quote by Contraband
Hi guys, what's going on?

I've turned gay since the last time I was here (ie. am no longer kvlt/no longer listen to most underground death/black), but I wouldn't mind some recommendations anyway. Chances are, I know most things pre-2013, but I really dropped out and stopped paying any real attention to the scene after that. In the last few years, the only new things I've enjoyed have been Obsequiae and the new Summoning. I still listen to a bit of Bathory, Atlantean Kodex, Caladan Brood, the occasional Cynic, Atheist and Obliveon, but not much else. Any genre is theoretically fine, but if it's typical death/black/thrash, then no thanks. I suppose I'm looking for something more flowery, relatively-speaking. Not looking in the right genre, am I? :p

Thy Sinister Bloom - Fragrant Suncry, a Scented Memorium
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
I need stuff like Svartidauði's the synthesis of whore and beast, bolzer, nightbringer, dodsengel, thulcandra, any dissection/sacramentum modern worship stuff

hit me
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS
2,988 IQ
Quote by Morphogenesis26
SÜHNOPFER

https://thoseopposedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/offertoire

That's, to me, the best modern Sacramentum worship there is.

holy fuck !!! I love you !!!
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Emenius Sleepus
Blaze above the ashes
1,005 IQ
Quote by illuminatiano
I need stuff like Svartidauði's the synthesis of whore and beast, bolzer, nightbringer, dodsengel, thulcandra, any dissection/sacramentum modern worship stuff

hit me

for Svartidauði-like stuff, Sinmara - Aphotic Womb should do nicely

"Национальный танец русских - это на ваших ебаных могилах".
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Contraband
Within the Realm
2,580 IQ
Quote by MHDrunk
Did you change your signature but not realise the link is dead? :P

I forgot it was even attached to a link. Either that or it was intended irony....oh who am I kidding

VampireGoldfish: Listening to Thy Sinister Bloom now. I was about to say that this sounds more like loungey music to fall asleep to than metal, but the crushing waves of power chords just came in, so my listening continues. It's different, certainly. Like a lot of slower tempo doom, it really takes its time to develop. I like the more melodic sections - they're tastefully done. But then, there's what's to my mind filler power chords just echoing with the standard beat. However, I'm only halfway through the track and it's been getting more interesting, so thanks for the rec, sir.

I wouldn't necessarily mind more of this sort of thing at least as far as the melodies and vocals go, but would rather it be more upbeat.

Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Hi Contraband. Based on your post, I will recommend Cóndor - Duin as a recent release that you might enjoy. Another suggestion in a different sub-genre is Realmbuilder - Blue Flame Cavalry, but I can only recommend it tentatively because I recently discovered it myself. Part of me also wants to mention Adramelch - Irae Melanox (an older album), but I think that it's probably not what you are seeking. I know that I did not actually describe any of these albums, but I would rather let the music speak for itself. Listening to one or two songs usually gives a pretty good idea.

edit: For an Obsequiae-type mood, consider trying Olkoth - The Immortal Depths, a demo from this year. It has a graveyard atmosphere, yet the music is almost playful. The first song is the strongest; the other two lack direction.

Also, if your signature is sincere, then maybe try Lordian Guard - Lordian Guard?

Thanks, good sir. I actually heard a bit of Condor (though this was from Nadia), so I am familiar with the style, but what little I heard didn't catch my attention at the time. I will give it a proper go and let you know what I think along with the other recs.

EDIT: Olkoth is not really the sort of thing I'm down for these days. Lordian Guard on the other hand is both cheesy and competent. The production and aesthetic is a bit weak, the keyboards and drum program make it sound cheap in a very 80's way (despite the fact that this was produced in the mid 90's), but all in all, there's some decent content.
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Jun 10, 2016,
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways
2,472 IQ
Quote by Contraband
Thanks, good sir. I actually heard a bit of Condor (though this was from Nadia), so I am familiar with the style, but what little I heard didn't catch my attention at the time. I will give it a proper go and let you know what I think along with the other recs.

EDIT: Olkoth is not really the sort of thing I'm down for these days. Lordian Guard on the other hand is both cheesy and competent. The production and aesthetic is a bit weak, the keyboards and drum program make it sound cheap in a very 80's way (despite the fact that this was produced in the mid 90's), but all in all, there's some decent content.

I assume that you are familiar with Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer? I believe that that album was a primary influence on Obsequiae. There is also Autumnal Winds, which was sort of a precursor to Obsequiae, but perhaps you already know them as well. Otherwise, I have no more recommendations. Sorry to not be of more help, hope that you find what you are seeking
progbass
UG Resident
1,030 IQ
Contra, have you maybe heard Lumikurro (sp?) By kauan?

It's down tempo doon with light flutes and other flowery things. Not the best quality music but aesthetically pleasing
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.