Page 4 of 175
Old school grind or Death/Grind think

Impetigo
Carcass (first two albums)
ND
Blood
Repulsion
Terrorizer

or even some punky DM like Abscess or the 1985 Master album.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

^
Check out Wormfood man, you'll enjoy them

http://www.myspace.com/wormfoodoregon
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
That is quite awesome thanks!
Quote by Steve08

Quote by illuminatiano
anyone know anything similar to Maudlin of the Well - Bath ?

Yeah, Kayo Dot's stuff. LULZ!
So guys, i want some death metal that'll make me cream my jeans.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
You heard Unholier, Dark Millennium, In-quest, Disaffected, Innumerable Forms, Immortal Fate, Sororicide?

At CG obviously.
I have an unholier album somewhere on my computer. Love sororicide. I'll check out the rest.

Also, i forgot to do the recommends thing today. I'm on it tomorrow.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I completely forgot, frankly, it's been a bit stalled because of my lack of computer.

and excellent. You enjoy those..

..But to be more specific.

Dark Millennium - Ashore the Celestial Burden
In-quest - Extrusion Battlehymns
Disaffected - Vast
Innumberable Forms - ...Well, actually, I forgot what the title was
Immortal Fate - Beautiful
Need some blackened death metal, steer clear of obvious ones like Vader, Hate, Behemoth & Necrophobic please
Cheers (:
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Duncan, if you're still there - seconding the Kerasphorus and Bastard Priest here, and adding Fukpig and the new Bongripper.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Need some blackened death metal, steer clear of obvious ones like Vader, Hate, Behemoth & Necrophobic please
Cheers (:

Infernal War - Redesekration. It will rip your throat out.

Also, I've never considered Vader a blackened death band.
I'm looking for dm which riffs dwell endlessly in your head; Something which has catchy riffs but aint melodeath. So a little chromatic and dissonant stuff is welcome :P
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
Cheers (:

Angelcorpse
Arkhon Infaustus
Bloody Sign
Kerasphorus
Quote by Steve08

Quote by NotFromANUS
Yeah, Kayo Dot's stuff. LULZ!

no shit, thanks anyway.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by 08L1V10N
I'm looking for dm which riffs dwell endlessly in your head; Something which has catchy riffs but aint melodeath. So a little chromatic and dissonant stuff is welcome :P

Deathevokation - The Chalice of Ages fits the bill. It's melodic, but not melodeath. A lot of Swedish death metal fits there as well.

As for chromatic/dissonant, try stuff from Finland. Demilich, Adramelech, Convulse, Rippikoulu, Vorum, etc.

Also try Crucifixion - Desert of Shattered Hopes, which is from Texas.
I want more late 70's proggy/epic early heavy metal. Similar to Sorcery, Legend, Manilla Road, etc.
Can someone recommend me some bands or songs that have a raw-ish sound but are epic in proportion?id prefer if they fall in the heavy metal/NWOBHM/thrash/power category.
Quote by metal_sentinel
Can someone recommend me some bands or songs that have a raw-ish sound but are epic in proportion?id prefer if they fall in the heavy metal/NWOBHM/thrash/power category.

The album Blood On Ice by Bathory.
Quote by metal_sentinel

Adramelch's Irae Melanox.
Quote by 08L1V10N

Immolation - Close to a world below
Purtenance - Member of immortal damnation
Vader- The ultimate incantation/revelations
Cryptopsy - None so vile
Morpheous - Sons of Hypnos
Pungent stench - Been caught buttering
Intestine Baalism - an anatomy of the beast

Should be enough for ya
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by metal_sentinel

Get the Manilla Road album The Deluge.
Quote by 08L1V10N

Demigod- Slumber of Sullen Eyes
Ceremonium- Into the Autumn Shade
Ceremonium- No Longer Silent

Three of my favorite death metal albums and they all satisfy your criteria perfectly.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Adramelch's Irae Melanox.

X100000000

Favorite album ever please listen
i am the moonstar
Quote by metal_sentinel

Black Knight (check this weeks metal forum recommends in the columns section ) /shameless plug
^ I'm sure he has never heard them before huh
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
So i checked out adramelch and listened to some of their songs and i was instantly blown away thnx for recomending it!

^i hope u werent talking about me
Quote by AzureNight
I want more late 70's proggy/epic early heavy metal. Similar to Sorcery, Legend, Manilla Road, etc.

Dark Quarterer. The debut is probably the most like what you want, but every one of their albums is in that vein and is of pretty high quality. My favorite is Symbols, their most recent one.

The recommendation for Adramelch - Irae Melanox would also fit the bill.

For more recent stuff in that style, try Noekk - The Minstrel's Curse and Hammers of Misfortune - The August Engine.
underground, mainly because its primitive riffs and nocturnal melodies were part lullabye and part nightmare, apppropriate for an audience that was both aware of the decay of civilization but too disorganized to do anything about it. As soon as its popularity grew, especially with the release of that template for black metal from The Abyss, The Other Side, black metal too became inundated in imitators, although some late forming bands and middle era albums by classic bands helped flesh out its style and bring it to maturation.

really? REALLY?
Actually it makes really good sense.The use of more conventional melodies while using minimalism to make it sound erie and forstbitten, supports that part about lullabyes/nightmares.And if you look at most BM bands from it's inception, it was mostly young adults/teenagers with very limited ability to do anything about the society they lived in, other than the music they made.
Quote by Steve08

I'll never understand what "Nocturnal Melodies". ANUS throw that phrase around on every other review and it's just makes me laugh.
Melodies that sound dark and reflect the mood of night, rather than bright sounding melodies that reflect the day time.
Quote by Steve08

Pretty sure that the people who write reviews for Pitchfork also contribute to ANUS too.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I was talking more about "appropriate for an audience that was both aware of the decay of civilization but too disorganized to do anything about it"
I realize that nihilism and misanthropic notions hugely influenced the lyrical content and to an extent, musical content of black metal, but to say that it was "appropriate for an audience that was both... (etc)" is incredibly pretentious and silly.