jrakus
79 IQ
If I ever needed your help I need it now.

I feel I struck a good one this time. My band has everything we need.
We're a cover R'n'R band (go figure..)

..anyway the question is:
We always go to a venue where we have to set up in a short amount of time. We don't have time to warm up, just a short soundcheck before the show. We play long sets, like 2-3 hours partytime.
The thing is, we only start to ""Rip the place appart"" after 1 hour.
Ok, I know a lot of you have been there, but how do we make stuff happen right away? That would be a formula to glorify us all..

I know ..it's great to start slow and end in a faboulous 1 hour finish - everyone praises you at the end. But how to play that way from the start?
It's not just a crowd's thing, WE get into it after an hour of playing and we want to speed that moment up. How do you do that?
supersac
Tab Contributor
630 IQ
play a while before you get there?
maybe get there a bit earlier than normaly
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
Quote by jrakus
We're a cover R'n'R band (go figure..)

Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
rocknroll93
Warning: Small Parts
501 IQ
get there early and play ya scales, over and over and over, just so your fingers warm up enough to not be sloppy befroe you go on.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
kraftmacaroni
756 IQ
just get pumped beforehand so that you're as energetic when the gig starts as you would be after playing a few songs. Play along to your favorite songs etc
nouse4aname125
I'm back baby
215 IQ
my drummer and bassist stretch for 15 minutes beforehand.

me and my lead guitarist go over songs on the way to the show, go over our setlist and do vocal warm-ups.

anywho that's our warm-up procedure before a gig. we've been playing the same songs for 8 months without taking more than 3 days in between so i don't know if our method will do you any good, but i hope they do!