Page 3 of 342
What are everybody's plans for new years?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I'll be going over to my friend's house and spending hours playing video games and eating.
On the 30th going to see Primus and the Residents. On the 31st? Going to downtown Santa Cruz for the DIY parade and then hanging out with the homefolks.
Quote by the_perdestrian
hopefully getting drunk as hell.

This'll be me. Not old enough/rich enough to go to any of the new years' festivals so I'll be at my friend's party.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
No plans, I've never had a new years that was worth telling anyone about. Everyone always hypes it up way too much and it ends up turning out shit. The most I'll hope for is a little bit of drunkness and maybe some tongue wrestling with a nice girl.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Meh, got nothin big planned for new years. My girlfriend'll be over, we'll probably go through a bottle of wine or three and watch a couple movies.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by ScottB.
What are everybody's plans for new years?

Making damn sure I'm not standing outside at midnight so I don't get hit by a stray bullet. It's an L.A. tradition, you know.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Haven't decided where I'm going yet but I plan to drink a lot and embarrass myself somehow.
Quote by consecutive e
No plans, I've never had a new years that was worth telling anyone about. Everyone always hypes it up way too much and it ends up turning out shit. The most I'll hope for is a little bit of drunkness and maybe some tongue tango with a nice girl.

Fixed

Heading just down the road for a friends party and having a couple, working at 7 a.m on New Years Day.

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
Quote by consecutive e
No plans, I've never had a new years that was worth telling anyone about. Everyone always hypes it up way too much and it ends up turning out shit. The most I'll hope for is a little bit of drunkness and maybe some tongue wrestling with a nice girl.

This
Getting Druuuunkkk. Probably taking many drugs and thusly making a fool of myself.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'm not doing anything.

"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Anyone tried the Eden EX cabs? The 112 isn't a bad price...I'm thinking I might get one. I'm also tempted by the Ampeg 212 though, strangely

Edit: Ampeg 210 even...you know, the mini SVT one
Last edited by smb at Dec 28, 2010,
I think I have. When I bought a MIA Fretless Jazz off a guy last year I went to his house to pick it up and he had a 12" cab that was either Eden or EBS and it was REALLY nice, even though I usually don't like 12" speakers. I think it will have been Eden, I would have remembered if it was EBS.

Also, how to tidy your room: put the Matrix soundtrack on, it makes any work easy.
Lol the Matrix soundtrack. I remember I had that in like year 8 or so. I think I still have it floating around on my hard drive somewhere. Nostalgia much.

EDIT: Lol, found it. iTunes skillfully assigned it this album cover for some reason.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Dec 28, 2010,
I see...best to find one and try it myself I guess. Can't really find any reviews of it online - I guess the fact it's 4 ohms means not a lot of people would have gone for it. How about the Ampeg 210? Anyone tried that? I've read it's much like a big Ampeg, full of character and useless if hi-fi and transparency are your thing. Might sound good with my Artcore.

Can't remember what was on the Matrix soundtrack other than RATM.
1. "Rock is Dead" by Marilyn Manson
2. "Spybreak! (Short One)" by the Propellerheads
3. "Bad Blood" by Ministry
4. "Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)" by "Rob D"
5. "Prime Audio Soup" by Meat Beat Manifesto
6. "Leave You Far Behind" by Lunatic Calm
7. "Mindfields" by The Prodigy
8. "Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix)" by Rob Zombie
9. "My Own Summer (Shove It)" by Deftones
10. "Ultrasonic Sound" by Hive
11. "Look to Your Orb for the Warning" by Monster Magnet
12. "Du Hast" by Rammstein
13. "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine

As for the cabs thing. I was looking into the EXs as well just for something to practise on. They looked pretty solid but the 300 watts at 4ohms killed it for me. That's not practical at all.
The Ampeg... I dunno it just comes across as another gimmicky over-priced Ampeg that'll niether sound good nor bad. There's actually a video on UG TV of Emma Anzai from Sick Puppies using the mini SVT stack (or whatever they call it) if you wanna hear it.

EDIT: Bass Centre's website is telling me the EX cabs are 8ohm but the Eden site's telling me 4? Maybe they do both or Bass Centre just screwed up. I've gotta call them tmrw to order some flatwounds so I'll ask.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Dec 28, 2010,
Quote by anarkee
^Add in some NIN, and that's pretty much what my commute music is

I purposely pick the most inappropriate thing for the studies of the day. That way I can be edgy and grumpy all the time
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by anarkee
^Add in some NIN, and that's pretty much what my commute music is

I hope your kids appreciate you as the coolest mum on the planet.

My mum owns one cd... ...and its Nelly Furtado.
Quote by Spaz91

My mom used to have an Enrique Iglesias album on infinite repeat in her truck. Thankfully, she's switched over to the radio. And I hate having to listen to the radio.
I think the main selling point of the mini-stack is to someone like me, who would be either walking or taking public transportation to their gigs. Can't exactly take a big head and a 4x10 on the subway
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Spaz91

I just never stopped listening to new music. I just don't get why you would sit at some point of your life and decide to live in your musical past. And my tastes have always been slightly edgy.
Quote by consecutive e
1. "Rock is Dead" by Marilyn Manson
2. "Spybreak! (Short One)" by the Propellerheads
3. "Bad Blood" by Ministry
4. "Clubbed to Death (Kurayamino Mix)" by "Rob D"
5. "Prime Audio Soup" by Meat Beat Manifesto
6. "Leave You Far Behind" by Lunatic Calm
7. "Mindfields" by The Prodigy
8. "Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix)" by Rob Zombie
9. "My Own Summer (Shove It)" by Deftones
10. "Ultrasonic Sound" by Hive
11. "Look to Your Orb for the Warning" by Monster Magnet
12. "Du Hast" by Rammstein
13. "Wake Up" by Rage Against the Machine

As for the cabs thing. I was looking into the EXs as well just for something to practise on. They looked pretty solid but the 300 watts at 4ohms killed it for me. That's not practical at all.
The Ampeg... I dunno it just comes across as another gimmicky over-priced Ampeg that'll niether sound good nor bad. There's actually a video on UG TV of Emma Anzai from Sick Puppies using the mini SVT stack (or whatever they call it) if you wanna hear it.

EDIT: Bass Centre's website is telling me the EX cabs are 8ohm but the Eden site's telling me 4? Maybe they do both or Bass Centre just screwed up. I've gotta call them tmrw to order some flatwounds so I'll ask.
Ah that is a pretty good soundtrack. I do love Monster Magnet particularly. I'll check out that video, and if you find out about that cab then do let me know! Thanks
I say this every time I re-listen to Lizzy, but Phil Lynnot was a god; Massacre, Raygun and Bad Reputation are my go-to bass shop songs. He was a groove machine, as simple as his lines were. /Fanboy
Craigslist is full of surprises today! A Markbass LMII for $380 and a CMD 102P for $750.

To impulse buy or not to impulse buy....
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
so a dude just offered me a spot in his band playing bass. the dude is an idiot that plays solo electric guitar and sings rockabilly. I probably won't play with him, but its tempting just to be playing bass in a band for once.

edit:impulse buy, its always a good idea
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Tostitos
Craigslist is full of surprises today! A Markbass LMII for $380 and a CMD 102P for $750.

To impulse buy or not to impulse buy....

Delicious markbass products... DO IT!

Also, is your avatar an earth Djinn?
Quote by GrStMyGn
Delicious markbass products... DO IT!

Also, is your avatar an earth Djinn?

Yup, I decided to ditch the christmas avatar, and in honor of the new GS I went with a venus djinn.

The question is, do i grab an LMII now and get a cab later, or save up a bit more (at the risk of someone else grabbing it) and getting the CMD 102, which is essentially a LMII built into a 2x10.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Simple is best it always is. Too many people overplay, i always think flea is a great example to use. While he can be good. Alot of the time theirs a bit too much. Phil is a beast though.

And less my god man buy buy buy. Do you call yourself a member of the bass forum.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by Tostitos
Yup, I decided to ditch the christmas avatar, and in honor of the new GS I went with a venus djinn.

The question is, do i grab an LMII now and get a cab later, or save up a bit more (at the risk of someone else grabbing it) and getting the CMD 102, which is essentially a LMII built into a 2x10.

Have sex with me? the Golden sun series is beautiful.

Quote by fatgoogle
Simple is best it always is. Too many people overplay, i always think flea is a great example to use. While he can be good. Alot of the time theirs a bit too much. Phil is a beast though.

Correct. The space he left for the guitars to work was so tasteful, and his tone! The huge booms in Massacre are epic, in the truest sense of the word.
Anyone ever play a Gibson Ripper II bass?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Cam, snap it up now of Jon will beat you to it...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding