Page 4 of 342
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Anyone ever play a Gibson Ripper II bass?

They're probably the better of the Gibson bass line, but still all in all, a Gibson.
Quote by fleajr_1412
Cam, snap it up now of Jon will beat you to it...

He's busy with the Ashdown....for now. I emailed the poster for the LMII head, now we play the waiting game.

Quote by GrStMyGn
Have sex with me? the Golden sun series is beautiful.

Best damn video game series IMO. An absolute masterpiece.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Rancid Ivy
Anyone ever play a Gibson Ripper II bass?

I played a ripper III with the 3 single coils (3 way switch bridge middle, all three, neck middle) it was very bright and awesome.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by anarkee
They're probably the better of the Gibson bass line, but still all in all, a Gibson.

maple body and neck, top routed electronics cavity, bolt on neck. how gibson is it really?
Give me the ashdown combo and a big bag of weed and ill sail you across jon.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
weed is bad.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
weed is bad.

Weed is good. Its just expensive and makes me do stupid shit that almost gets me dumped. So NO WEED FO CHOO. And I certainly ain't sailing across the Atlantic with the Irish...

Seriously, if it weren't for the logistical problems then I'd be all over that Markbass like stink on shit.
My mums english does that help At all.

Weed is natural and from the ground so is there for good. Anyway unless your new and smoke a whole load i dont see how any one doesnt really like the immense relaxation.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Maybe if the English Captain & crew had been smoking weed, they wouldn't have plowed the ship into an iceberg?

And wouldn't you risk it anyway for a truly killer bass?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by fatgoogle
My mums english does that help At all.

Weed is natural and from the ground so is there for good. Anyway unless your new and smoke a whole load i dont see how any one doesnt really like the immense relaxation.

No it doesn't

And weed isn't all fun. There are some pretty nasty side effects when it goes wrong, serious paranoia being the worst. Combined with its legal status it can lead to a really unpleasant time.

Quote by FatalGear41
Maybe if the English Captain & crew had been smoking weed, they wouldn't have plowed the ship into an iceberg?

And wouldn't you risk it anyway for a truly killer bass?

I REALLY hate swimming and I'm not risking a Markbass getting wet! As soon as I have a Mini Mark and a petrol generator, I'ma goin' buskin'.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Dec 28, 2010,
Quote by Spaz91
Weed is good. Its just expensive and makes me do stupid shit that almost gets me dumped.

it always freaks me out when people say weed is expensive. I guess its just me living on the oregon coast.
^ Right? I can probably find enough for like 4 people for only $10.

Don't ask how I know this, im in high school in the USA. Everybody including teachers knows how to get some
pinga
I haven't had weed since the start of the summer and the guy I got it from stopped growing so I don't even know where I'd get it these days. It does do your brain in.
Quote by Tostitos

The question is, do i grab an LMII now and get a cab later, or save up a bit more (at the risk of someone else grabbing it) and getting the CMD 102, which is essentially a LMII built into a 2x10.

CMD. Then you can grab another cab later if you so choose.
Impulse buys are awesome. My latest one should be here Friday, and I just dropped $75 on strings for it. Ouch.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by smb
I haven't had weed since the start of the summer and the guy I got it from stopped growing so I don't even know where I'd get it these days. It does do your brain in.

I remember in the 8th grade my history and english teachers (split classroom thing it was weird) asked us to write down on piece of paper if we knew where we could buy drugs. it was kind of an experiment thing, they weren't gonna say anything to the kids, a they didn't want to like spread drug knowledge, but they realized that everykid new a place to buy.

skatepark
behind the grocery store
point A
point B
blah blah blah.
I just wrote anywhere, which is basically true. but yeah. its everywhere here.
Got a reply from the CL poster. Might have a NAD coming up soon.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by anarkee
Well I'm almost done with my first half sleeve!

So how much did it hurt?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Under the arm is uncomfortable, like a bad pinch, especially when you get close to the armpit. Otherwise, not too bad. I'll post up pix later.
Tattos aren't for me either :/ eventually, most people just regret getting one has they get older.

I'd do piercings though

If only my mother wouldn't freak out if I got one...
pinga
Quote by fleajr_1412
Slow day in the forum of bass...

Don't worry man I took up drinking again.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Spaz91
^ Sorry I'm not doing my bit No offence mean to anyone here but I'm not a tattoo sort of person. I like needles to be as far away from me as possible.

Needles freak me out. I've passed out at blood draws. However, tattoo guns are quite a different animal.
I really don't like tattoos. There's no image or text I like enough to have it permanently on my body. And there are so few women without tramp stamps it's pretty depressing
I don't mind needles or tattoos, but I wouldn't want a tattoo. I'd love a small tunnel, not sure how the parents would react to it though...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by smb
I really don't like tattoos. There's no image or text I like enough to have it permanently on my body. And there are so few women without tramp stamps it's pretty depressing

I am not a fan of tramp stamps honestly. They always look like something coming out of one's tush.

I do think that too many people get inked without thinking through the permanence of the process, and that if you are unsure, its best not to go that route. And flash art is just not my thing either. But to each his own.
Quote by consecutive e
Don't worry man I took up drinking again.

I'll see you the double mini pizza oven and raise you one 8 slot toaster!

I tattoos . It does bother me though when people get inked just for the sake of it, for example I have a friend who's getting a starfish on a whim today because she wanted to get something done with her sister. But any and all tattoos are cool with me as long as some thought is put into them.

As for piercings, my body doesn't do well with them. I had to take my industrial out after a year, and my lobes out after 4 or 5 months. Too many healing problems.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I dunno. Some people are weird like that.
Quote by skater dan0
^teh lulz?

on to tattoos, I like tats, but I have never had anything I wanted to keep on me for forever. Also if I ever got anything tattooed on me It would be something really personal and i would hate people inquiring too deeply on it. I may get a small gauge in my ears at some point. or a 00 prince albert.
I agreed completely with your post until the prince albert, perdestrian. Hahahaha. I actually have 8s in my ears, very modest but noticeable.

Anyway, when's the new FAQ going to be up?
As soon as we get all the completed pieces in from the users.
Quote by skater dan0