Jaredmkl
UG's That one guy
900 IQ
Can it be done to a peavey vypyr? I have this mesa and no head, just a vypyr ss 100w 2x12. Im really tired of seeing this do nothing but sit in corner :[
Invader Jim
?)
971 IQ
it can be done with any amp.

with no plug in the jack, everything works like normal (the signal goes to the amp's internal speakers). plugging in a speaker cable re-routes the signal to whatever is on the other end of the cable, switching off the internal speakers.
MonkeyLink07
UG's Fire Gym Leader
553 IQ
just remember, like with any head, it can hurt the amp to use it without a speaker, so always remember to have one plugged in.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Invader Jim
?)
971 IQ
SS amps are ok with operating under no load.

tube amps will show their contempt for you by frying the output transformer though.
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,210 IQ
Quote by Invader Jim
SS amps are ok with operating under no load.

tube amps will show their contempt for you by frying the output transformer though.

Exactly. SS amps are a lot more forgiving than tube amps are.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Jaredmkl
UG's That one guy
900 IQ
So what do I use as the plug to send the signal to the cab? (be sides the obvious speaker cable) since there is no speaker out port.
Invader Jim
?)
971 IQ
use the same jack as in the pic i posted.

or if you are talking about the actual plug/cable, you need a special cable made for connecting speaker cabs. the plug bdy is bigger and the cable is thicker.

i hate how people use 'plug' and 'jack' interchangably/don't know the difference between the two..
Jaredmkl
UG's That one guy
900 IQ
But i only have an input jack, so i need to wire that in correct?