Page 1 of 989
Because you probably haven't, make sure you read the forum rules, or you will probably end up banned.

Originally posted by SV300
The list below consists of members of this forum who have been consistently helpful; given honest, insightful, and more importantly accurate information; and therefore, have earned a spot on this list. In other words, listen to these people.

The current Who To Listen To list is of active members of the forums. The honorary list is of people who rarely pop in, but are time tried veterans on the forums.

Members of this list can carry the tag in their sig.

*note: the names at the top in green and blueare the mods of the forum. Contact them if you have any questions.

The Who to Listen to List

• jof1029
  • Roc8995
  • TNfootballfan62
  • ZAPP
  • Dave_Mc
  • jj1565
  • gpderek09
  • Mexican Shred
  • Dirk Gently
  • steven seagull
  • ECisthebest
  • forsaknwhatever
  • UnsignedRecords
  • al112987
  • gregs1020
  • MrCarrot
  • 311ZOSOVHJH
  • Ippon
  • darkarbiter7
  • IbanezPsycho
  • MatrixClaw
  • Bostonrocks
  • beckyjc
  • Cathbard
  • CECamps
  • mmolteratx
  • kylendm
  • AngryGoldfish
  • Reincaster
  • TheQuailman
  • Tom 1.0
  • Denthúl
  • SwampAshSpecial
  • Mark G
  • Ragingkitty

The Honorary Who to Listen to List

• sv300
  • xifr
  • dgonz
  • pjd
  • streamline
  • jacob m
  • *def*
  • jaeger
  • scheck006
  • backup guitar
  • mig28
  • jag513
  • mnbaseball91
  • zavorash
  • TGM
  • casualty01
  • Bill43
  • power freak
  • Cmogi10
  • Asomodai
  • Toxicity
  • D Man
  • Joyful Womble
  • Nic_2090
  • CyBerAliEn
  • jono034
  • HopePoisoned
  • xxGenocidexx
  • kurdtkobaign
  • Crunchmeister
  • Erock503
  • Electrik
  • Mascot
  • joel_grieve
  • Funky P
  • Gabel
  • R_H_C_Plkjewf;lkgadskl gjl kj;lkjlk ji
  • Gutch220
  • slatsmania
  • Hendriko
  • timi_hendrix
  • azn_guitarist25
  • MESAexplorer
  • FacingUsAll
  • tubadude
  • riffhog
  • thellamaking
  • kevin saale
  • imgooley
  • horlicks
  • mr_hankey
  • stevo_epi_SG_wo
  • H4T3BR33D3R

Teh Spammers

The list is NOT closed, and any members who are seen to post regularly with accurate information, and are willing to help out, will be added.

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. It is simply a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable, and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. Simple as that.

Feel free to post nominations, changes to the list, etc. now!

This thread has been previously compiled by former moderators.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I moved a lot of older names to the honorary list. You guys look at that and see if any of those guys need to be moved back, or if we can move any other names to the honorary list.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
first page EDIT: just looking at that list, I reckon there are a bunch more who could be moved to the honorary list. There seem to be a lot on there who haven't been around for ages- if they do come back, they can be moved back. Plus it'll free up space to add newer regulars to the list, it's not fair if they're helping day in day out and are being kept off the list by someone who hasn't been here for a year or more.

Obviously we'd need to do a bit of scouting for people to add. There are always loads of people to add, but I can never remember who I think should be added.

Or you could even open it to a vote for the open forum, to let people nominate people.

EDIT #2: By my reckoning (could be wrong, I don't check every single thread, maybe they are still active) there are a good 15 or 16 people who could be moved to the honorary list- I certainly haven't seen them in months, if not years. I mean it's not a demotion or anything like that, if they come back they get back on the proper list. Just, as i said, it doesn't seem fair to keep regulars off for people who haven't been around, and who may never come back.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 1, 2011,
Matt how do you do the calculations for frequency cut off. If I decrease the resistor by an order of 10 do I need to increase the cap by the same amount?
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
first page EDIT: just looking at that list, I reckon there are a bunch more who could be moved to the honorary list. There seem to be a lot on there who haven't been around for ages- if they do come back, they can be moved back. Plus it'll free up space to add newer regulars to the list, it's not fair if they're helping day in day out and are being kept off the list by someone who hasn't been here for a year or more.

Obviously we'd need to do a bit of scouting for people to add. There are always loads of people to add, but I can never remember who I think should be added.

Or you could even open it to a vote for the open forum, to let people nominate people.

EDIT #2: By my reckoning (could be wrong, I don't check every single thread, maybe they are still active) there are a good 15 or 16 people who could be moved to the honorary list- I certainly haven't seen them in months, if not years. I mean it's not a demotion or anything like that, if they come back they get back on the proper list. Just, as i said, it doesn't seem fair to keep regulars off for people who haven't been around, and who may never come back.

Yeah, I agree, I just chose a handful of names from the earlier people put on the list. Let me know who all you think should be moved down, and we'll see what everyone thinks.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by AcousticMirror
Matt how do you do the calculations for frequency cut off. If I decrease the resistor by an order of 10 do I need to increase the cap by the same amount?

If it's just an RC circuit, it should be 1/(2*pi*R*C)

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Ok, will do. I'll just copy the list, put two asterisks beside people who, as far as i know, are now inactive, and one asterisk beside people I occasionally see, but who are nowhere near as active as they were when they were put on the list. Obviously no asterisks means, as far as i'm aware, that the person is still active and should remain on the list. If everyone agrees, then you can move them over to the honorary list.

The Who to Listen to List

* jof1029
* Roc8995
* TNfootballfan62
* ZAPP** (dunno if you want to move him or not )
* xifr**
* Dave_Mc
* jj1565
* gpderek09*
* Mexican Shred
* Dirk Gently*
* tubadude**
* timi_hendrix**
* azn_guitarist25**
* steven seagull*
* ECisthebest
* forsaknwhatever
* UnsignedRecords*
* MESAexplorer**
* FacingUsAll**
* al112987
* gregs1020
* MrCarrot**
* 311ZOSOVHJH
* Ippon
* stevo_epi_SG_wo**
* H4T3BR33D3R**
* darkarbiter7
* riffhog**
* thellamaking**
* kevin saale**
* imgooley**
* horlicks**
* IbanezPsycho
* MatrixClaw
* Bostonrocks
* mr_hankey**
* beckyjc*

Some of the ones with one or two asterisks occasionally pop in here to say hello to the regulars, but I'm not sure that really is enough to keep them on the list. I'll leave that call up to the mods, though- it's not that I want to kick people off the list (it's not really a kick anyway, just a move to the honorary one, you can still say you're on the list), just we use "There are too many on the list already" as an excuse not to let new people on, and we don't want people to think it's a closed shop or a clique, because I don't like cliques and not what any of us really meant when we started it in the first place.

Plus it improves the forum if people are trying to get on the list, it gives an incentive to help people.

Oh if I've asterisked anyone who is active, I'm very sorry. I probably just missed the threads you posted in.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave, I'll look at the list closely as soon as I make this post, but I agree. The point of me trying to free up that list a bit is so we can get some new names on there, because I don't want people to think this is a clique or some exclusive club.

EDIT: Okay, I took off all the double asterisks, Ive left the singles for now, but that can always be changed.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
yay new thread!!

i nominate matt (mmolteratx), ben (rokket2005), AngryGoldfish, kylendm...

i could think of more im sure, but they come to mind.
Once again, I am snubbed
Le Gear
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Ibanez AM93
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange AD30
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H
'72 Fender Vibrosonic Reverb

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
No one is snubbed. This thread is more than open to nominations and voting. I sadly don't get to post in the forum enough to feel like I could make a good call for who should or shouldn't be on on my own, so I'll leave it to you guys.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by gregs1020
i second those.

and cathbard, CECcraig, eyebanez333 justin, laidback, stratman, i'm forgetting a ton.

yeah, all of those too. its hard to think of everyone on the spot

EDIT: and honestly, i still dont even recognize like half the names on the list atm. and im browsing around GG&A like 12 hours a day :/
Last edited by josephde at Jan 1, 2011,
Oh awesomes!!!

Definitely get Cath, CECAmps, and other people I'm not thinking of in there haha.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by NosralTserrof
only '10 on the first page!!

GTFO NAB!!!

JK
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^It's okay, we'll keep each other company
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
nobody on the forums reads the stickies. and once we get to page 3 or 4 of this thread, even the WTLTL regulars will stop looking at it or talking about it lol
If we're nominating/voting, lets make it more official than "oh yeah I give my vote to everyone mentioned so far.

Official Voting Starts Now

Please make a list of all the people you wish to vote for, like so:

sv300
xifr
dgonz
pjd
streamline

Separate it from anything else you might post about so that the votes will be easy to count. Each vote will be worth 1 point. Limit your list to the five users you deem to be most worthy of being added to the list. You can vote for fewer users if you don't think there are 5 deserving members, but please don't vote for more. I'd like for this to require a little more thought than copyinng/pasting everyone mentioned so far above you.

I'll compile the votes after we decide voting is over. If you have already voted, please vote again, so it will be official.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
mmolteratx
kylendm
cathbard
rokket2005
AngryGoldfish
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If your conscience will allow it, sure.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
aww, only 5? thats tough....

mmolteratx
cecamps
cathbard
rokket2005
AngryGoldfish

sorry to the rest of you guys
Then vote for them.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
John! (forsakn) cause he's my overseas technical corresponding engineer.

mojostompboxes.com
forsakn

foreskin

bahahahahaha. sorry. it's funny if you have dyslexia.
buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo.