This place is well forked, but not dead.

Is anyone here going to contribute to the NIRVANA album in the pit?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
This place is well forked, but not dead.

Is anyone here going to contribute to the NIRVANA album in the pit?

I'm contributing Sliver, and maybe Lounge Act as well. They will be shit, but hey. . .
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
alright cool.

looks like all that merger debate was redundant.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
It's not for naught. I think that the team is just a bit caught up for the time being with people getting back to school, work, and whatever. I'll still push for it if that is what the users want.

Also biking? Any of you into it?
Quote by uhh_me?
It's not for naught. I think that the team is just a bit caught up for the time being with people getting back to school, work, and whatever. I'll still push for it if that is what the users want.

Also biking? Any of you into it?

motor or no?

I like both. For a few weeks this summer (the hottest weeks this summer) I had to commute 16 miles round trip on a borrowed crappy hybrid bicycle. It was awesome. Getting to weave between caged in losers going nowhere in their 5 figure crap vessels and getting to determine for myself which red lights were worth bothering with was quite liberating.

I got around about as fast too. (And I caught cycling snobbery pree bad as you can see.)

I actually got pulled over for running a red in porter sq. (cuz Cambridge PD are legion and will pull you over for blinking wrong) and even that was kinda fun.

It was 20 bucks, with no recourse otherwise and I wasn't treated like human garbage as I have universally been by every other traffic cop ever.
My dad was/is a fanatical cyclist so I used to go out road biking with him every week. I basically really enjoy it, but I kind of felt like once I've rode 20 miles I'd done enough, whereas he wanted to do fifty or sixty miles minimum.
I definitely think I'll start cycling again once I move to London, for pretty much the same reason as there saying about dodging traffic. (plus cheap and I need to get some form of excercise I guess.)

I'm no really a fan of motorbikes, but mainly be ause I'm a scaredycat.
CuSO4

College radio station clearout/fundraising sale. 53 CDs for 15$ Been slowly making my way through the stuff I'd never heard before--got a few duds as expected but some steals so far too. It was ~30 cents per disc so I could just try stuff with cool album art or that I'd been meaning to check out but never got around to. Still have little idea what to expect with a lot of them, which is part of the fun.

edit: sorry for the huge picture
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
i bought a ton of cds from my college radio station several years ago & now they are all sitting in my closet & i barely listened to any of them.
what is that shark one three up from the bottom on the right? it looks cool.

i bought what i thought was 30 albums for a pound from a radio clearance but they had all sold out and i was actually getting 30 cd singles. i'm pretty sure that CD singles are the worst format around, but I had just heard of Oval so i scratched them all and listened to a couple at the same time instead which was kind of fun.
CuSO4

@uhh_me? - I have a cool bicycle that I ride a loooot (try to at least). My town is small so I ride around it like a bunch of times while on a ride. I once rode 20 hours. It was tiring. Biking is so fun. I have pictures actually that I took last time I rode because I was feeling super zen and it was making me super happy. I'll post them in a minute and they will probably bore y'all but whatevs.

I got my computer to temporarily work again, but I ordered me another one since this one will inevitably break again so it should be in next week so I will be able to listen to new music again! I'm listening to the new Mum CD cuz I grew up on Mum and i'm loving it. I hope it's not just nostalgia speaking though.

Also my parents are separated as of a few days ago when my mom got a rent house so i'm in an incredibly awk situation in which I could go to this house with my mom and my sisters or I could stay with my dad (which I am currently doing) and try to help him stop doing meth and realize that my mom left because he is accusing her of things that she did not do and that she would probably happily move back if my dad was willing to admit that he is wrong about this and stop doing meth/other things. I am gonna keep doing the latter but I am unsure of how long it will actually last. Also my dad posted this really embarrassing thing on facebook talking bad (wrongly) about my mom so now everybody in this small town who I see is all up in my bidness cuz they know that shit is happening.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump

they look the same to y'all but suck it. 2 miles from my house. The last one is my favorite.
That's quite the beautiful landscape.

I haven't had a bike since I was 12 and I miss it. I would buy another one and start riding again but I have other priorities.

I am not sure how to help you with your situation again. You'd probably be better off with your mom and sister but at the same time I can see how leaving your dad like that is not the best thing to do. Is there anyway to have some sort of duality (such as live with your mom but remain in close contact with your dad)? That may just upset him even more so I don't know. The most ideal option would be to just get your own place if at all possible and stay in contact with both, trying to help your dad, but be independent and just removed enough to not lose your sanity. I'm guessing that's not possible at the moment though.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 14, 2013,
I thought everything about Oklahoma sucked slippy
I'm too #poor to get my own place and i'll be damned if i'm gonna do that before I graduate. I'll see if my dad will listen to reason (RE: Pee Wee's Big Adventure) eventually. I'm not fussed cuz I once again think it's such a silly thing that shouldn't be a big deal since the solution is so simple: mom gets mad when dad uses meth for obvious reasons and ignores my dad etc; dad gets mad at mom for ignoring him and assumes she is cheating or just being a manipulative **** in general and using meth as an excuse; thus, it would make sense to me to just like, stop doing meth and come home at decent hours and my mom will likely stop ignoring and being in general bitchy towards him, but STOP ME IF I'M MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE!

My mom mostly left because she doesn't see my dad getting any better and she's sick of having him come home at post-midnight hours and yell at her and accuse her of doing something or ask her why she is doing something when she is doing no such things and she doesn't want my sisters to have to live in that kind of environment cuz it is not healthy and stuff. I'm with my dad currently cuz I think my mom can handle stuff but I don't think my dad can due to a ****ed up mind and stuff. My goal is to help him maybe realize his limitations in his mind as a result of drug use without him whining about how the websites aren't all right and how he isn't in that box and how I am using the wrong approach and stuff like that. Because he is genuine about the way he feels, but his mind perceives things wrongly and doing so causes him to feel those seemingly genuine feelings of sadness and all that. That feel when sad situation.
Also, in response to the pictures, I absolutely love and am often in awe of how little there is out in this area. It's beautiful in its own special way and makes me feel good things. I don't believe in God or anything, but living out here it is honestly super hard to not strongly consider it for whatever reason (the openness maybe and the sexy sunsets). I think we've discussed this in this thread before actually.
Yeah I doubt most of us can afford our own place so that was a rather stupid suggestion on my part (I was going for a 'let's identify the most ideal solution and then work with what we can actually do' approach). I can understand your approach and I respect your willingness to stay. Maybe that will influence him to quit meth and force him to live a more consistent, sustainable life style. Good luck working this all out.

The minimalist vastness of the plains region is beautiful. I'm personally more of an 'island' person though. I appreciate the smallness and closeness more than the vastness, despite its aesthetic beauty. If we were literally talking about an island, I prefer the environment I can physically access to be small and dense rather than large and sparse, but with the ocean being an 'unobtainable' vastness, like outer space. Living out in the plains (or even where I live) is kind of depressing because of how far away everything seems, although it's the good type of melancholy I suppose.
Quote by Hereiwas
what is that shark one three up from the bottom on the right? it looks cool.

It's a Kind of Like Spitting album. Can't remember the title right now.

Hope things start to look up brad. That sounds really tough, but it sounds like you are taking a good/brave path with it trying to help him see what's going on.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
hey friends, I'm recording an EP or something and it'll be done pretty soon hopefully. one of the songs is on my bandcamp thing, and I wouldn't mind terribly if you wanted to check it out.

or tell me how dumb I am.
Thanx bros.

I'll check it out sometime Jearl.

P.S. I just remembered that I bought the Albert Einstein riding a bike poster and it came in last week so on the topic of #biking
One time this Thai foreign exchange student was so surprised that tumbleweeds were actually a real thing so she brought one home with her as a souvenir.
Quote by bradulator
One time this Thai foreign exchange student was so surprised that tumbleweeds were actually a real thing so she brought one home with her as a souvenir.

I remember being about that excited when I saw one the first time I went to arizona as a kid.
Wow. I see tumbleweeds like a million times a day #woodyguthrieprobz

Every so often i'll be driving down the highway to school on a super duper windy day and there'll be literally hundreds of tumbleweeds being blown across the road en masse so it's kinda like playing reverse frogger where you gotta drive > 65 mph and also dodge tumbleweeds. Fun times. I'll take a picture next time it happens so you guys can be jealous of such wholesome entertainment.
it's like this

except instead of getting stopped by a house they are traveling across the highway.
^ If I hit one on my motorcycle would I be thrown?!?!

Also have you guys ever experienced one of those digital coke machines while high?

It is life affirming. OMG.
You might be thrown, them bitches are pretty big.

I have never encountered a digital coke machine, hence the tumbleweeds
People REALLY need to get over being made uncomfortable by the word moist.

It is a perfectly acceptable descriptor.
I honestly have never been disgusted by it. People just liked to say that it was a gross word because it sounded like a vagina or something because everybody was in junior high, right?
I think i'm gonna buy a Devo energy dome in case I do anything on Halloween.

Also, which wallet should I buy:

or

the yellow one. where is that coming from?
CuSO4