Page 3 of 140
Are you studying English Language? I might like to do English Literature, though I haven't the slightest what that actually means...

Did anyone else get the limited version of One Nation by Hype Williams? Mine arrived today - super thick white vinyl, no markings or anything anywhere except the paper bit in the middle of the record which has 1815/2000 written in black ink.
I quite like it though it's a little sombre/melancholic which I'm getting a little tired of I guess. My favourites are the two spoken word ones and the psych-ish one with live drums (don't know the names!)
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
I would like to do Literature, but I'd bet it's a combination of both sides of English.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I'm studying poetry at college right now which is kind of related and it's been great

any good record store day pick ups/stories?
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Oh my god. Record Store Day was ridiculous. There were two participating stores in town and I whored out both of them. I ended up dropping $55 on music, which I didn't need to do, being as now I have $30 in my bank account to last me until Thursday, but it's worth all the good stuff I got. I bought about fifteen cassettes, including but not limited to the Breeders, Curve, Cocteau Twins, and Chapterhouse, and I found a copy of Buckingham Nicks on cassette for $5. And I found Come's first CD, which I've never seen at a music store anywhere before. I call that an epic win.

Oh, and last night my band played our first legitimate gig ever, and a couple days ago we posted our EP online that we just finished recording. If this week was a status on Facebook, I would "like" it.

(Oh, and here's the EP if you're in'tressted.)
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Apr 17, 2011,
i'm hoping that the store near me still has things. i was supposed to go yesterday, but plans fell through.

and i'll check out that EP.
There isn't a record store near me. At least that I could find Googling.

Also, dem beatz is dope.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
did you get any RSD releases k_liz? i just took advantage of the slight discount and overcrowded-ness and got some used lps: killing joke, a certain ratio, a daf single. i didn't know about the fahey reissue, but i didn't see it, only went to one store though.

i like your songs. are you gonna do one of salt spray, i think that's what it was called.
Nah, I didn't get any exclusive releases or any of that. I was just there for the discounts. Which there were plenty of.

And thanks, guys! I'm glad you like the traxx. I might do "Salt Spray," I kind of forgot about that one to be honest. Haha. Maybe I'll show my bandmates at our next practice. See what they thank.
did you swap the track order around since you posted the link?

there is a point in Gaslight Creeper, i think when you are singing "in" that reminds me of something that PJ Harvey would do.
Quote by K-Lizzle

Oh, and last night my band played our first legitimate gig ever, and a couple days ago we posted our EP online that we just finished recording. If this week was a status on Facebook, I would "like" it.

(Oh, and here's the EP if you're in'tressted.)

The Ep's really good! really enjoyable listen. I love your voice
Last edited by Monkeygone2hvn at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by uhh_me?
did you swap the track order around since you posted the link?

there is a point in Gaslight Creeper, i think when you are singing "in" that reminds me of something that PJ Harvey would do.

Yeah, we reversed the track order as an experiment because "For Billy" had over a hundred plays while the others only had a couple dozen or so, so we switched them to see if we could get more people to listen to the other tracks. And so far it's worked.

And I take that as a compliment! PJ Harvey is one of those people I wish I could be.

Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
The Ep's really good! really enjoyable listen. I really love your voice

Thanks so much! I'm glad you enjoy it!
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Apr 20, 2011,

So like 7 or so years ago (omfg that's so long), there use to be this user named Teenage Poetry, and I thought she was the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my entire life. I don't know what made me think of her today, or how the hell I remembered her name, but after some searching, I found some pics from the pic thread and sadly/luckily, I do not feel the same. This could be due to the fact I'm now a 22 year old looking at the picture of a 15 year old. Anyway, back when I was 15, she was the shizzz

(Invalid img)

Does anyone remember this user?

I still think Sam Weir from "Freaks and Geeks" is cute. But he's the same age as I am now, actually a couple years older, so I just imagine myself at twelve being with him at twelve, or however old he was. That makes it slightly less creepy. Or perhaps more creepy. I dunno.
Similar topic, watching School of Rock and thinking of the hot bassist girl who is in my age range. Is it creepy to talk about how hot a chick was when she was 12 in retrospect?
I think that as long as you were around their age at the time, it's okay to think they're cute. Now if you beat off to them, that's a different story.
Quote by sre9981
And the creepiest post award goes to...

you don't ever look back fondly on something like that? i feel bad for ya.

and maybe digging up the picture and posting it for us all to see was a bit over the top, but still.....
just came in here to say dougiecrystals pic thread post was excellent.

...also what does everyone think of the new bill callahan album? it took me a while to get into it but it's great!
Fuck tornadoes, y'all.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by K-Lizzle
Fuck tornadoes, y'all.

For the first time, my area wasn't affected. Did your house get blown away?
Quote by bradulator
For the first time, my area wasn't affected. Did your house get blown away?

It didn't, thank God. But a good portion of the city I grew up in got demolished. A few of my college friends' houses are gone, my cousin who goes to school in Tuscaloosa has to move back with her parents because her apartment got destroyed, and a town about five miles away from me got completely obliterated. I'll probably be without power for about a week. I can't believe how bad it got.

But I did find a mattress in my front yard. No serious damage, just a mattress. In my yard. I have no idea where it came from. It's mine now, though, unless somebody claims it.
Last edited by K-Lizzle at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by K-Lizzle
It didn't, thank God. But a good portion of the city I grew up in got demolished. A few of my college friends' houses are gone, my cousin who goes to school in Tuscaloosa has to move back with her parents because her apartment got destroyed, and a town about five miles away from me got completely obliterated. I'll probably be without power for about a week. I can't believe how bad it got.

But I did find a mattress in my front yard. No serious damage, just a mattress. In my yard. I have no idea where it came from. It's mine now, though, unless somebody claims it.

Haha, nice. That was a shitload of tornadoes. *waits for upcoming season of Storm Chasers*
Tornadoes? pffft. you think those suck? Try taking final exams.

</sarcasm>

I hope everyone is ok, weather is crazy. Tornadoes are consistently the one type of weather that does not seem to make ANY sense.

That being said, taking finals as a second semester senior also doesn't make ANY sense.
I just got called Justin Bieber by a drunk biker while in a diner. I did the only logical thing and gave him my autograph.

Humorous? Yes. But doing his best at being a drunk asshole, he also called me a dipshit and a fucker, so i'm kindof boiling with anger.
a+i people, what is your opinion on jean jackets?
dudes, do you wear them
girls, do you dig them on dudes who wear them

i feel like it would only be acceptable if you were in high school, which i did wear one then, or if you're all crusty and such
I was wearing cargo shorts, converse, and a blue flannel shirt (not douchey flannel). My hair is what gets me called Bieber, but it really does not look like his hair at all, except for the fact that it's long and kindof flips out.

Jean jackets are an absolute no.
I'll tell you what's new, KAYLEIGH GOT HER BACHELOR'S DEGREE THAT'S WHAT'S NEW.

Five long years. It's finally over. You guys don't know how much of a weight has been lifted off of my life.

Quote by somewhat_here
a+i people, what is your opinion on jean jackets?
dudes, do you wear them
girls, do you dig them on dudes who wear them

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about jean jackets. If you wear them the right way, they can be kind of hot. Like John Bender from the Breakfast Club, for example. He looked sexy as hell in his jean jacket. And this guy I used to have a crush on wore this faded jean jacket sometimes that looked like it was from the early 90's, over a hoodie with skinny pants and beat-up Vans, and that was pretty hot also. But most of the jean jackets I see on dudes look kind of douchey.
haha. to be fair, leno might be wearing a jean shirt. a whole other story.

k-liz, congrats. what do you plan to do now?

Quote by K-Lizzle
And this guy I used to have a crush on wore this faded jean jacket sometimes that looked like it was from the early 90's, over a hoodie with skinny pants and beat-up Vans, and that was pretty hot also.

yeah, same thing here with girl/chucks. don't really want to do this.
If I wore a denim jacket, I'd look like Billy Madison when he went back to high school.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Okay, after thinking about it a jean jacket with the sleeves rolled up is pretty badass. Anything longsleeved with the sleeves rolled up looks awesome. Well, hoodies are an exception.