matt-attack
445 IQ
It's been long over due and I'm ready to move on.

I don't like the music we make now I don't think I ever did. I find it hard to write when the music is all generic with repetitive chords that don't seem to lead anywhere. The guitar player keeps every setting boosted and keeps telling me my bass sounds bad when he can't understand it's the only way I can cut through with his eq. They have also gotten really full of themselves lately for no reason. It's going to happen in three months anyways when they plan to move to Nashville. But I don't plan on leaving school when we don't even play shows. When a gig fell through the other day they handled it really bad and wanted to get another band to play with us and wouldn't take no for an answer. Which made no sense because we were just an opening act for two touring bands.

Problem is I handle the bands finances and social sites. Also, they don't see this coming at all and I still consider them my friends. They could probably find another bass player. How should I handle this?

TLDR: Not my thing any more. What do?
pepsi1187
646 IQ
You should talk to them about all this.

Think about this first. Would you be happier doing something else or sticking with these guys?
jimihendrix6699
688 IQ
explain to them that you dont like the way the band is headed and you want to move on. simple as that. they should understand, but if not, they will eventually get over it.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
matt-attack
445 IQ
Ive been thinking about it for four months actually. Took me until now to decide.
pepsi1187
646 IQ
Quote by matt-attack
Ive been thinking about it for four months actually. Took me until now to decide.

Just be certain its what you want.
vampirelazarus
the one with four strings
88 IQ
If you do leave the band, work on your technique. I started practicing my tapping and got invited into three bands in two days. also, theirs more guitarists than bassists, so you will get into another band eventually. With their inflated egos, I would leave. I did this once. Haven't looked back since.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Shinozoku
UG Nerd
1,227 IQ
One thing is for sure: You won't have trouble finding another band. Bassists are hard to find.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
the_perdestrian
UG's insomiac
1,874 IQ
this is what I would do

"guys I just don't think I can be in this band anymore, (say why) but I will stick around for up to (a pre determined amount of time. a month or 2?) and help you find a new basist, (maybe even teach him some parts) I stil wish you guys the best."
no sir away a papaya war is on
jimihendrix6699
688 IQ
Quote by Shinozoku
One thing is for sure: You won't have trouble finding another band. Bassists are hard to find.

amen to that
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
AlanHB
Godin's Resident Groupie
1,703 IQ
Quote by matt-attack
How should I handle this?

With a fist pump in the air and yell "finally it's over!!!!".

The band sounds like a bunch of hacks to me. They can't even decide on a decent mix for their sounds, and have trouble getting better gigs. Give them the passwords to the social network stuff so they control it and just get out. Find a better band who knows what they are doing.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
semus
Mr.
508 IQ
from what i understand, i would leave that band as well.
just tell them how you feel, tell them how you think the band should be, and keep it friendly - either they'll understand and you will be able to leave without any bad feelings, or they might think you're right and get working on real stuff before moving to nashville.
Goodluck man