sonic_777111
BJAA!!
1,089 IQ
I'm considering building a custom Precision Bass for a band I just joined (that way I can stop borrowing my brother's custom Jazz Bass). I have a few questions about the construction:

1) Are Precision and Jazz necks interchangeable? I really like the P Bass body, but I prefer the feel of the Jazz Bass neck as I have tiny hands.
2) Are there any pickguards available for Precision-style bodies that are cut for Music Man-style humbuckers? The body I'm looking at is routed large enough to fit a humbucker but I can't find such a pickguard.
3) Will a standard P-bass pickup cover go over a humbucker pickup? It looks like it should but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Reisgar42
Howyehdoin?
560 IQ
I only know the answer to the first question, but it's yes. Jazz- and P-bass necks have the same heel and the bodies have the same pocket. They are completely interchangeable.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
sonic_777111
BJAA!!
1,089 IQ
Quote by salgala2000

3. Do you mean actual pickup covers or those metal covers that go over the pups and the strings and are screwed in?

I was referring to the big metal covers. I'm a fan of that '60's P Bass look.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass