Page 1 of 17
Anybody watch Parks And Recreation on NBC here?

It's not very popular (compared to the other shows on at that time), but imo it's the best comedy on TV, not including cable shows (like It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia which is also great). I didn't care for Amy Poehler until watching this show. I personally think it's even funnier than the Office, as The Office tries to make the viewer cringe all that time which gets annoying. I like The Office, but it's gotten sillier and a lot less subtle in humor over the years. Parks And Recreation and The Office have the same creator by the way.

Also, Parks And Recreation gave us this little gem a couple weeks ago.

Discuss.
I've watched it a couple of times but I don't know the times it comes on so I never get to see it when I'd like. But from the episodes I've seen it's deinitely hilarious as all hell.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
I can't stand Amy Poehler so I guess I'm already biased against it.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I can't stand Amy Poehler so I guess I'm already biased against it.

You should watch it one day it's a good show. Even if you don't like Amy Poehler.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
The Office (seasons 1-5) is a lot funnier in my opinion.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine
I love NBC Thursday, period. Plus Rashida Jones and Aubrey Plaza make me feel warm and fuzzy in all the happy places.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Fearless(Times)
You should watch it one day it's a good show. Even if you don't like Amy Poehler.

No, I have. Wasn't into it. And even setting aside my hatred for Amy Poehler, her character is such a blatant rip-off of Michael Scott. "Oh hey, I'm an obnoxious, socially awkward, incompetent person who has somehow gotten into a position of moderate power." It's ridiculous. I know they have the same creator but come on.

EDIT: Now Community, on the other hand, definitely rivals the Office in my opinion.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I stopped watching because it was a total Office rip-off, but I heard it got better and have enjoyed it very much. Also, that chart is gold. Plus, it's between The Office and 30 Rock, so why would you not watch it?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
No, I have. Wasn't into it. And even setting aside my hatred for Amy Poehler, her character is such a blatant rip-off of Michael Scott. "Oh hey, I'm an obnoxious, socially awkward, incompetent person who has somehow gotten into a position of moderate power." It's ridiculous. I know they have the same creator but come on.

EDIT: Now Community, on the other hand, definitely rivals the Office in my opinion.
At first it seems that way, but the big difference is that Amy Poehler is actually very smart and hardworking. Michael is stupid and not good at his job. And Community is just too smug about itself.
Last edited by The Madcap at Jan 31, 2011,
Quote by BrokenDstring
I love NBC Thursday, period. Plus Rashida Jones and Aubrey Plaza make me feel warm and fuzzy in all the happy places.

THIS, SO MUCH.

I've had both of them as my avatar since I started watching it.

as for the NBC Thursday block, I love Community (probably because I'm at a community college myself), I loved the first few seasons of The Office but it's clearly declined, love Parks and Rec, 30 Rock is somewhere between like and love for me, I don't like Outsourced, and that new Perfect Couples show is really bad.
Last edited by Alexishxc1337 at Jan 31, 2011,
Yeah, I don't get Community. Granted, I've only watched a few episodes, but I don't get the hubub it receives here.

Perfect Couples isn't great, and Outsourced is just stupid racism. Not funny at all.
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Can't say I care much for P&R, my friend lives it and has shown me a bit of it, but it wasn't my kind of humour.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Quote by jwizzle5786
Yeah, I don't get Community. Granted, I've only watched a few episodes, but I don't get the hubub it receives here.

Perfect Couples isn't great, and Outsourced is just stupid racism. Not funny at all.
I HATE OUTSOURCED. I've seen probably 5 episodes, and 90% of the jokes rely on middle eastern stereotypes about how they're prudish and don't get our culture.
Outsourced is funny.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
first season was mostly pretty bad. the second season was great.

this season is shaping up to be pretty great, too. i mean, how can a show with Adam Scott go wrong?
It definitely takes a while to sink in, but once you come to accept it, it becomes the greatest show ever.

EDIT: Best moment ever- "What's it like driving a motorcycle like that?" "It's just like driving half a car."
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Last edited by lushacrous at Feb 1, 2011,
I didn't care that much for the first season but the second season killed, one of the funniest seasons of any show ever imo
I first saw this show and Philly back to back while staying at a highway motel. It's a great show, but I never really got into it like I did with Philly.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
"My coaching style is structured around fundamentals. With an emphasis on fun... And a second emphasis on mental."

Fuuuuck only 11 days until my favorite show comes back. Anyone else pumped?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I'm glad this show has finally seemed to catch on. Now hopefully it doesn't go downhill like the Office did when it caught.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I love this show. Funniest on TV right now, along with Community and It's Always Sunny
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Ron Swanson is my guru.

EDIT: 3rd season's out on the DVD, due.
Last edited by goest at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by lushacrous
"My coaching style is structured around fundamentals. With an emphasis on fun... And a second emphasis on mental."

Fuuuuck only 11 days until my favorite show comes back. Anyone else pumped?

I missed a huge part of the third season, so I've got to watch that first.
Quote by due 07
I missed a huge part of the third season, so I've got to watch that first.

Get the dvd, it's great. It's just like the second season in that it has about an hour and a half of deleted scenes, all just as good as the material shown on tv. Plus it's just as funny as season 2 which is an achievement all on its own.

Anyone else have a tough time picking a favorite character? It's seriously a four way tie between April, Ron, Andy, and Jean-Ralphio
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

The only season I watched was whichever one ended back in May (or sometime around that) but it was definitely one of the funniest shows on television.

Pissed my pants when Aubrey Plaza started talking about Neutral Milk Hotel.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Quote by lushacrous
Get the dvd, it's great. It's just like the second season in that it has about an hour and a half of deleted scenes, all just as good as the material shown on tv. Plus it's just as funny as season 2 which is an achievement all on its own.

Anyone else have a tough time picking a favorite character? It's seriously a four way tie between April, Ron, Andy, and Jean-Ralphio

I'll probably just torrent it or something for now.

My favorite character is probably April. The writing for her is fantastic.
Quote by due 07
I'll probably just torrent it or something for now.

My favorite character is probably April. The writing for her is fantastic.

Agreed, April is definitely the best
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Chris Treger is the best. Lit-erally.

Also, went to the NBC store over the summer and got a shirt with the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness. It's awesome.
Last edited by jwizzle5786 at Sep 11, 2011,
Aubrey Plaza (April) looked absolutely gorgeous on Conan the other night.

What's surprising is that she's a lot like her character IRL. One of the creators met her before they had the idea for the character and wrote it based around her.
Quote by The Madcap
What's surprising is that she's a lot like her character IRL. One of the creators met her before they had the idea for the character and wrote it based around her.

I'm watching the interview now, that's wild.
Quote by due 07
The new episode is about to start here, anyone watched/going to watch it?
It was great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I loved it. Ron was great in the beginning when he pulled the backpack out of the vent
___

Quote by The_Blode
^I loved Ron just pushing Jerry and spilling all his food.

Great start for the season. A lot better than The Office's episode tonight.
I watch it because of her:

She's gorgeous...

But yeah, the show is also pretty funny.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by The Madcap
Great start for the season. A lot better than The Office's episode tonight.

This is how I feel too.