Page 2 of 17
About the first third (aside from Ron getting that backpack) had me worried, but after that it was a quality episode.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Very good episode. The ending with Tammy 1 is a great set up for the next episode, if she can scare April, then I can't wait to see how everyone else is around her.

Also, has Jean-Ralphio met Ann yet? I feel like him being...him, and her being so gorgeous, that could lead to some hilarious encounters.
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Very good episode. The ending with Tammy 1 is a great set up for the next episode, if she can scare April, then I can't wait to see how everyone else is around her.

Also, has Jean-Ralphio met Ann yet? I feel like him being...him, and her being so gorgeous, that could lead to some hilarious encounters.

I think he made up a rap about her that didn't rhyme in that one episode.

EDIT:^Also, I love how Ron is married to Tammy 2 in real life.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Last edited by lushacrous at Sep 23, 2011,
Hmmm I think The Office won in the NBC onslaught last night. Just because Diwight knocking over the plankers made me lol heartily but Parks & Rec is surely to win, I believe in this show.
Quote by rockfan7
Hmmm I think The Office won in the NBC onslaught last night. Just because Diwight knocking over the plankers made me lol heartily but Parks & Rec is surely to win, I believe in this show.

I hated the Office last night. Waaaaaaaaay too many new things happened in like the first 6 minutes, and Michael being gone still just feels like a temporary thing.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
I hated the Office last night. Waaaaaaaaay too many new things happened in like the first 6 minutes, and Michael being gone still just feels like a temporary thing.

I feel that's the way that most seasons start so I'm kind of use to it, things happen over the summer they were just trying to capture that

But I just thought it had the funniest moments, I don't believe they will keep it up without Michael.
Quote by lushacrous

It wasn't horrible, but whiny Pam, straightforward, no nonsense Jim, and out-of-nowhere-joking-around Stanley were frustrating to watch.

And to whoever said that Jean-Ralphio rapped about Ann, I just rewatched that episode a few days ago, he only raps about Ron, Leslie, and Chris.
I watched alot of it due to all the recomendations on here. Its veyr much a copy of the office, but its still a good watch.

Thank UG
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
stop talking about a terrible show and get back to talking about a great one.

Perd Hapley was great, as always.
Quote by lushacrous

Yep. They throw everything at you right away, and the rest of the episode was fairly bland.
Tonight's episode was strange. There were some very funny parts ('everybody pants now. pants, pants pants pants pants, Ron's gold, and April trying to drink the alcohol), but the Chris/Ann subplot was boring, and the Ben/Tom subplot had a lot of potential but didn't really deliver. The main plot was good, but a lot of it seemed rushed and choppy for some reason.
Tonight's episode was everything I love about this show.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Yeah, I thought tonight's episode was fantastic. The disappearance of Ron's mustache was great.
I hope the rest of your day is coolbeans.

Also,

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I need to do my hair like Jean-Ralphio some time.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Woah woah woah. So how did Tom's Snake Juice get Ron schwasted, but Ron's family liquor thing had no effect on him?

And Ron saying cool beans was the highlight of my life.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

i sort of hoped that after Ron finished that moonshine, his mustache would have grown back. that could have been too cartoon-y though.
Quote by uhh_me?
i sort of hoped that after Ron finished that moonshine, his mustache would have grown back. that could have been too cartoon-y though.
That would work if it was Community or maybe 30 Rock.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Alexishxc1337
Just rewatched last night's episode... how Amy Poehler didn't win the Emmy and that Offerman didn't even get nominated is beyond me.
Especially because Modern Family basically swept the entire thing, and I don't get the hype.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Take you time and enjoy it! It's not the most subtle comedy out there, but there's still stuff that I miss.

And if you're watching the dvds, watch the deleted scenes because there's like 2-10 minutes of extra, just-as-funny stuff per episode.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by element4433
Especially because Modern Family basically swept the entire thing, and I don't get the hype.

It's very funny, but there's no reason all 4 of it's actors need best supporting actor nominations. Ron Swanson is the easily the greatest character on tv right now. Also you beat me to putting 'Everybody Pants Now' as my title
To me, the show is like combining King Ot The Hill with the Office. The Office, with it being live action and having a similar setup and directing, King Of The Hill with being in a small odd city, and all of the weird and diverse characters that'll often just make brief appearances.
Yeah. It has the basic framework of The Office, but it gets a lot of unwarranted comparisons. The Office is almost entirely based on self-embarrassment; Parks has a much more balanced, digestible kind of humor.

And I think April Ludgate is a better character than Ron, but they're my two favorites.
Pretty much. That's one thing I prefer about Parks and Rec. Sometimes the Office's humor is just purely trying to make the viewer cringe a lot, which gets on my nerves. Parks and Rec isn't so much about cringe humor.
I've always hated the "favorite character" thing.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by The Madcap
Pretty much. That's one thing I prefer about Parks and Rec. Sometimes the Office's humor is just purely trying to make the viewer cringe a lot, which gets on my nerves. Parks and Rec isn't so much about cringe humor.

Exactly! I was just explaining this to a friend the other day.
Quote by element4433
I've always hated the "favorite character" thing.

Well, who is (tentatively) your favorite character?
Last edited by due 07 at Oct 2, 2011,
I think the reason the awkward humor on Parks and Rec bugs me much less than that of the Office is because while the antics on the Office are often ridiculous and rather mean, on Parks and Rec the idiocy of say, Andy or Chris only endears you to them.

EDIT: April and Ron are the two best characters on the show and high in the rankings for greatest characters on television. And they need to figure out what to do with Ann, or get rid of her. They have done a better job of including her so far this season, though.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Oct 2, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Well, who is (tentatively) your favorite character?
None. They all have their role on the show and all serve their purpose extremely well. I'm a fan of the ensemble as a whole and not individual pieces.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
None. They all have their role on the show and all serve their purpose extremely well. I'm a fan of the ensemble as a whole and not individual pieces.

Ah. I feel sort of the same way with shows like this where there isn't really a clear-cut main character, and the ensemble as a cohesive whole is the main ingredient. But April's character is written really well. She likes The Natural Mike Hotels, dood!
Quote by due 07
I feel sort of the same way with shows like this where there isn't really a clear-cut main character. But April's character is written really well. She likes The Natural Mike Hotels, dood!
So is Ron and Andy and Tom and Leslie and Jerry and Ben and Chris and Mark Brendanawicz and etc.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Thrasher51

And they need to figure out what to do with Ann, or get rid of her. They have done a better job of including her so far this season, though.

I agree, I would hate to see her get written out because I love Rashida, but her character is just kind of there at this point. Hopefully the sisterly bond between her and Leslie shows up more, or they give her an important storyline or something.
Eagleton is like the poor man's version of Carmel, IN.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

I'm loving this episode so far.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Not quite as great as last week's episode, but better half of the episodes.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Seriously this show keeps getting better and better with each episode.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano