Pajelan
23 IQ
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I am hoping that someone has experienced the problem I will describe regarding the Peavey VTM 120.

The amp has a loud hum and is louder when I engage any of the pedals on my pedalboard.

I'd appreciate any information that might be offered.

Thanks

Pajelan
robertito696
Cybernetic Comp. Organism
1,492 IQ
I have a vtm60 and its pretty noisy, did it just start recently? Try a different outlet. Could be the power tubes but I'm not really sure.

This should be in Guitar Gear and Accessories. Reported for the move.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
nutinpwnsgibson
1,125 IQ
have you tried using a different guitar?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Jay M
13 IQ
Will it fit in your microwave?

Are you plugging into a grounded outlet? How many prongs does the power cord on the amplifier have?
Pajelan
23 IQ
Thanks Guy's for all your inout..., but all of these have been tested and there is still a loud hum. We had a new 200 amp panel installed and the house is well grounded.

I recently jammed at a large annual jamfest and it hummed there as well. This only strated a little while ago, and the transformers have been tested and check out OK..., so I am at a loss.

I was hoping that someone here would have experienced this and would know what to do.

I'll just have to be patient and if there is no solution, then I'll have no choice but to take it to a technician.

Thanks again!
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,205 IQ
power tubes might be going. Maybe you just need a noise gate. I dunno.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.