ExOblivione
143 IQ
Amazing idea, wouldn't be allowed. Most small clubs don't even allow professional pyrotechnics, when I saw Immortal they didn't get to breathe fire or anything, and I've only ever seen pyro used for Metallica, Slayer, and I think Iron Maiden. Its not the 80's anymore, the venue owners wouldn't be down.
rickyj
Unregistered user
1,937 IQ
Quote by ExOblivione
Amazing idea, wouldn't be allowed. Most small clubs don't even allow professional pyrotechnics, when I saw Immortal they didn't get to breathe fire or anything, and I've only ever seen pyro used for Metallica, Slayer, and I think Iron Maiden. Its not the 80's anymore, the venue owners wouldn't be down.

thats a shame... would have been badass

i think ill make it anyways just to have it though

since its such a small amount of fire(and flashpaper and cotton are used all the time in magic acts, etc..) it couldnt hurt to ask the clubs i guess
kangaxxter
tune up turn on rock out
1,360 IQ
yeah, didn't they catch their lead guitarist on fire or something?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Fender Rumble 100 V3
Eric Johnson Fuzz Face
NYC Big Muff Pi
LazarusOnGrave
321 IQ
Quote by rickyj
please no "thats a stupid idea"-esque comments

Well, bearing that in mind, I'm going to go and say that's a stupid idea.

Aside from the obvious dangers and fire code violations, unless you really know what you're doing, you could potentially inure yourself just rigging the thing up.

If you're playing small clubs at this point, pyrotechnics shouldn't be a concern at this point. Worry about going out on stage and kicking some ass and showing people what you can do. Pyrotechnics aren't going to help you out if the band sucks.
'93
1,110 IQ
plus the fact that its really cheesy...:P
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!
2,471 IQ
Quote by the_white_bunny

Yeah, exactly the VERY first thing I thought of too.

Following this, clubs around the world became a LOT more diligent about safety and pyro.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
the_perdestrian
UG's insomiac
1,874 IQ
I would like to point out the vast difference between a small fire ball and a 15foot tower of sparks. I would build it for teh lulz, and ask the club owner if its okay. bring it and show him a test fire in the parking lot.
no sir away a papaya war is on