Page 1 of 51
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
You ask and you shall recieve!!!

Pink Floyd has won the honor of having their very own dedicated thread. I think all will turn out well considering the amount of threads I have seen about Pink Floyd in the last month or so.

READ BELOW!!
(the pink font fits in this case )

• Do not spam. If you spam, warnings and bans will ensue.

• Please stay on task. Topics must be relevant to the general idea of the thread, PINK FLOYD!!

• Keep ALL Pink Floyd threads out of the forum and keep them in here. Any Floyd threads outside the "ONLY" thread will be deleted or closed.

• There is no real need for polls so please do not PM Bill or I asking to start a new thread because you want to include a poll. The answer will be NO!!

• If you have any questions or complaints regarding this thread, PM either Bill or I and we will help you.

That is about it. Let the topics begin

-jono-
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Last edited by jono034 at Oct 11, 2004,
masterbasser89
24 IQ
i love waters bass lines, what do you all think of this possible reunion?
Originally posted by sargasm
I fight to the death all the time. It sucks, because I usually lose.
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
I think a reunion would be the best thing that ever happened in my lifetime, but people talk. Every so often a Floyd reunion rumor gets started. I don't know though. I know they keep in touch to a certain extent. Ever since Wish You Were Here, the band has been devided between the "musicians" and the "architects". Gilmour and Wright and Waters and Mason. So Wright still plays with Gilmour (Meltdown Festival) and Mason plays with Waters (In the Flesh Tour).

I don't know, but I'm hoping with everything I got, man.
Finally I understand the feelings of the few. Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end.
koreazz7
Pleased To Meet You
94 IQ
If Pink Floyd do have a reunion, I wouldn't mind trading my life to see them live.

Chances are, the rumor is not true, but I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed
Cirrus Minor
Save Our Bluths!
29 IQ
Well Pink Floyd is my favorite band (along with the SP, and Beatles), my friend was really into them when we were in 8th grade but I found their music pretty bland, 3 years and 10 albums later my views have more than changed. I still dont have a few, but there always seem to be something else to buy at the time.
"Great music completely obliterates any conceptions of genre"

Recordnerd
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
I doubt they will ever have a ful reunion, just cuz david and richard want to kill roger, and that makes me sad cuz they used to be good friends, but its good that at least some of them are talking to each other. BTW Pink Floyd is my favourite band besides AC/DC.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
You're my hero, Soulstripper!
lukef
271 pounds of charm
98 IQ
God i hope they do reunite, i would fly to england just to see them cos where i live we've had one concert ever. and it was by SHAGGY.

Dark side of the moon and the wall are to of the best albulms ever.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
matt666
UG's Chili Freak
12 IQ
It would be great if they reunite

My favourite song is Another brick In The Wall pt 2
Cirrus Minor
Save Our Bluths!
29 IQ
My favorite song by them fluctuates all the time but if I had to choose two it would be "Hey You" and "Time"
What does everyone think of Atom Heart Mother?
I dont know what to think

Recordnerd
Jimi444
I Am The Lizard King
194 IQ
my favorite songs are comfortably numb and another brick in the wall part 2.

and also me and my friend got in a argument on which of these songs are better. Money or another brick in the wall part 2 which one do you all think is better.
PM ME TO JOIN THE ANTI-BUSH FANCLUB
62 members so far
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Money, by far.
I'm a girl, dammit! Member #1 of the Angus Young Fan Club. PM Evil Kid 93 to join.
Quote by knerken
Antonio Ulfers
Led Zeppelin ****ing Rock
23 IQ
There are too many great ones for me to have a favorite song or album.

I've seen Roger waters when I was in 6th grade, and he did a lot of Floyd stuff. It's actually the best concert I've ever been to. I would love to see a reunion tour.
Originally posted by Mildly_Retarded

I always see a swinging smiley penis in this smiley...

Dont be ignorant- www.erowid.org
Y2A 66
UG's McCartney Fan
85 IQ
I'd say money as well.
Glad to see Floyd get this thread. There's been plenty of Floyd topics floating around recently
Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
To be stuck inside of Mobile
With the Memphis blues again.
Jimi444
I Am The Lizard King
194 IQ
^^you went to a concert when you were in 6th grade, i idolize you. I'm in 9th grade and haven't gone to a concert yet. and for the sake of the thread i think the reunion will be cool and for my question i was never really a huge money fan i like another brick in the wall part 2 more.
62 members so far
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
I got to see Waters on his In The Flesh Tour when he came to Portland OR. Lucky for me its the show they recorded for the DVD. So if any of you have it, I'm on the floor level. Haha.

Oh, and Cirrus Minor, I actually love the album Atom Heart Mother, for the three songs in the middle. One of my favorite songs of all time is Fat Old Sun. I think The Atom Heart Mother suite was important for them for experimental purposes because it was a precurser to what they did with Meddle. Namely Echoes.
Finally I understand the feelings of the few. Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end.
Cirrus Minor
Save Our Bluths!
29 IQ
Yeah, Fat Old Sun is a beautiful song and the only one I really got into while listening to it, it sounds like maybe something off the White Album or Abbey Road--I should give it another listen, man Gilmour's guitar is really something else, it just sings....

Recordnerd
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
There's a live version of that song floating around somewhere from a BBC show. It's like twelve min. long and its really cool to listen to. It was right after Meddle, so it has an echoes feel to it.

Oh and if you listen to the bells at the beginning you'll find they're the same bells at the beginning of High Hopes. A little useless trivia for you.

LeddyZeppelen
The Red Special
42 IQ
Has anyone seen The Wall live at Berlin? That show is amazing! I would feel so accomplished if my ideas were being performed infront a million people! Great great show.
www.myspace.com/theirregars

member #9 of the Pink Floyd fan club.
mntlhelpneded
soft parade
10 IQ
Originally posted by Jimi444
my favorite songs are comfortably numb and another brick in the wall part 2.

and also me and my friend got in a argument on which of these songs are better. Money or another brick in the wall part 2 which one do you all think is better.

^money, i like both songs, but money was the first of their songs that i had ever heard, i was like 5 how i remember that, i dont know. i didnt know what it was but i do remember listening to it. anyway, real glad Pink Floyd go the "honors" of having this thread, they really deserve, imo at least.
R.I.P. Jim Morrison (1943-1971)
mntlhelpneded
soft parade
10 IQ
leddy zeppelen, jsut how amazing is it? if you don't mind, a few details perhaps? i'd like to hear cause i just started to really get into Pink Floyd and would like to hear some concert things... if you don't mind
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
Wierdly enough, I just watched it last night. It was actually an estimated 300 thousand. They sold tickets for 200 thousand, but they opened the gates because they were afraid people would get trampled. Its really a good show. Roger is a born entertainer. He plays the whole show and a song from Radio Kaos at the end. Since its for charity, there are numerous guest stars such as Sinead O'Conner, Cindy Lauper, The Band, Van Morrison, Bryan Adams, Joni Mitchell, and lots of others. Look into it. It's worth seeing.
mntlhelpneded
soft parade
10 IQ
hmmm, i can only imagine, i think i will look into that, sounds intresting.
pepajaktbs2
Banned
230 IQ
DAMMIT!!! NO MORE LED ZEP THREAD!!! Maybe this is a good thing... I can get more in Pink Floyd now. Any good starter songs besides Wish You Were Here which I already love?
csaintg
UG Newbie
10 IQ
I never thought Cindi Lauper was hot til I saw that video.

A good Floyd starter song is If. Nice little finger picking piece, easy to play. I also enjoy playing the intro to Is there Anybody Out There. You know the acoustic bit in A minor? And Fearless has always been one of my fav's. Maybe because it is one of the first songs I ever figured out by ear.

Chris.
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
Breathe is an awesome song to play, Mother, Goodbye Blue Sky, Pigs on the Wing, and Us and Them are a few of my faves. I'm with you csaintg, Is There Anybody Out There is my absolute favorite. It relaxes me. I just sit and play it while I watch tv.
dionysus85
The Hoochie Coochie Man
239 IQ
HORRAY
pink floyd won the poll race
bloody ripper
one of my fav floyd songs to play is those opening notes to in the flesh
the E F# G A B C part and so on
also ive just learned san tropez on piano so ive been boppin away to that recently
is it just me or is that a really wierd and really diffrent, yet very similiar template for great gig in the sky... errr i dunno
Quote by MountainJam
How do i contract brain damage?
Jimi444
I Am The Lizard King
194 IQ
does anyone know how much the tickets will cost for the pink floyd reunion if they have it. or a ballpark
62 members so far
PinkFloydJunkie
UG Newbie
10 IQ
I am absolutely in love with Pink Floyd. I can never get enough of them. I'm suprised more people didn't mention Wish You Were Here, not the song (which is freaking awsome!) but the album, have a cigar, shine on you crazy diamond parts 1 and 2, welcome to the machine, every song on it is classic. Animals is also very overlooked, eerie yet powerful. You havn't expirienced Dark Side of The Moon untill you listen to the whole cd all the way through, from begining to end. I don't even break apart the songs, it just blends together so beautifully, it sounds like one big masterpiece, a single song. It flows that good. Anyways, that's my humble opinion, and I hope you all have a good time jamming to the fruits of Floyd
"They steal your music and shout at you..." - Jimmy Page's view on rap.
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Like $60 bucks for nosebleed section. I don't know how much you would have to pay for good seats.
Quote by knerken
Michael_Frazier
UG Member
10 IQ
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ZEPPELIN THREAD? WHY.....*sob*........I'm gonna go take a shower because I feel really dirty right now..........
SoulStripper7
UG's AC/DC Expert #1
40 IQ
^^Get with the program, dumbass. There was a poll and people voted for a Pink floyd thread instead of keeping the Led Zep one.
Quote by knerken
bwp
bwp at the gates of dawn
10 IQ
Even if Floyd had a reunion, which I'm skeptical on, They'd only do show or two. So tickets would be very pricey and very limited. If were lucky, they'd record it. But thats most likely not happening. I seriously hope I'm wrong.
Mr. Safety
UG Jesus
10 IQ
I dont see any problem with having both.. but thats the way the cookie crumbles.. they are my 2 favorite bands after all.

So far as the Atom heart Mother album goes, the album rocked! My favorite song off it was If, just because its simple, the lyrics are good (though what floyd lyrics aren't?), and its very nice and melodic.
Other than that my fave is Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast though. That song has so much going on in it. it has all sorts of different little solos in it, each one is absolutely amazing. I like how during the last "movement" I'll call it, the mumblings of allan just blend in so perfectly with the song to create sort of a bass line, and in some ways lyrics. What a great song.
Atom Heart Mother is a masterpiece as well. It sounds like a classical work of art that easily challenges some of Beethoven's and Mozart's finest works. If you listen to it, it actually expresses certain ups and downs in emotion, and tells a story, which each time you listen to it is different. its a wonderful song as well.
In summer of 68 I have to point out how well they did harmonizing their voices. Its like an acapella, except with accompaniment. Thats also a great piece of music.
Mr Safety you are a saviour

Of course you would know that if you checked my user title, now wouldn't you?
I love my wife very much!
http://d2f.dmusic.com
Danfan3
UG Jazz Man
601 IQ
Originally posted by Cirrus Minor
My favorite song by them fluctuates all the time but if I had to choose two it would be "Hey You" and "Time"
What does everyone think of Atom Heart Mother?
I dont know what to think

Atom Heart Mother is an album I recently bought and I think it has some of their best music on it.
"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, Call me Deacon Blues"- Steely Dan