powerhouse153
153 IQ
I was thinking of starting of starting a new band and there is one problem. We can't seem to pick one song. Has anybody got some ideas about simple songs we could do
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon
1,326 IQ
What kind of band??
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
ge-ORGY (y)
131 IQ
What genre are you most interested in? In my old bands, in the first rehearsals we played something like Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, its a simple classic and just fun to play. However, if any of you have any riffs you've made, start with that and build a song around it
Fender Lite Ash Telecaster
Epiphone G400 w.Duncan invader/'59
Takeraru acoustic

TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
Rocktron EQ

Orange TH30
Laney 2x12 w. Celestion Seventy80s
Line 6 UX1

MicroKorg
Kaossilator
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
this belongs in the "Bandleading" forum. you're gonna need more details than that.

genre? i could recommend the jazz standard "Autumn Leaves" or "The Black Wedding" by Sunn 0))), they are simple, but maybe not the right genre

difficulty? i could recommend "The Aftermath" by Origin or "Giant Steps" by John Coltrane, they may be almost impossibly fast, but the riffs are actually very simple when you break it down

instrumentation? i don't know if you have one or two guitarists, a keyboard player, or maybe you're a jazz band with a saxophone player, or a country band with fiddle and steel players?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Feb 21, 2011,
dispreferred
649 IQ
Just start jamming and creating. If you're anything like me and bands that I've been in, you don't want to start on other people's tunes - you'll get stuck in a rut and never get going creatively.
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon
1,326 IQ
Blues: fire - Hendrix
Blues/rock - sunshine of your love - cream
Classic rock: whiskey in the jar - thin lizzy
Modern Rock: times like these - foo fighters
Indie rock: dance floor - arctic monkeys
Hard rock: woman - wolfmother
Heavy Metal: for whom the bell tolls - metallica
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

I think so...
Flibo
I like dissonance.
690 IQ
Heavy Metal: for whom the bell tolls - metallica

This just has to be the most popular metal song to play.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
MickAlmighty
UGs ONLY Human-Raccoon
1,326 IQ
Exactly. Piss easy, everyone knows it, simple structure/lyrics/chords/'solo'

Nice little jam song when starting out
Quote by Spaztikko

I think so...
sonic_777111
BJAA!!
1,089 IQ
Modern Rock: times like these - foo fighters

This song is a lot harder to pull off than it sounds - it's in 7/4 so you're likely to confuse the hell out of your rhythm players. For any Foos song you need an amazing drummer.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
irnmadn88
all gain, no pain
177 IQ
Can't really go wrong with learning a few Ramones songs.
royljestr
22 IQ
Really it depends on what style you want to play. None of the above suggestions would be good if you are planning on starting a polka band! :-)
I just finished watching "It Might Get Loud" with The Edge, Jimmy Paige and Jack White ALL FOR FREE!!!

Here's How:

Step 1: Click http://freeonlinemoviesnow.info

Step 2: Enter you basic info

Step 3: Watch for free!