KailM
5,120 IQ
I apologize if this is in the wrong section but here goes:

I'm really after the tone Abbath gets on the albums At The Heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness. It doesn't have to be perfect, but in the ballpark.

Also, does anybody know what tuning he uses? I'm thinking just standard tuning but maybe a whole step down? I'm having a hell of a time getting the chords to "One by One" just right...
we_built_a_tree
Dead as a doornail
255 IQ
This thread tells me he used standard on everything besides Damned in Black and Sons of Northern Darkness, where he tuned to D.

Also: treble all the way up = never fails.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Also: treble all the way up = never fails.

and on top of that, bass and mid all the way down and gain all the way up too. that is the ultimate black metal tone right there. also, if you cover your equipment in goats' blood the tone will be even better, though be careful not to get it on the electronics.

also, this might help
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.