andrerist
schecterguy
3,069 IQ
hey guys, so i have a dillemma, i currently have a schecter c1 hellraiser and just purchased a new cort x6 vpr. i am using a marshall mg250 dfx with no effects or pedals. i love the sound of my schecter but dont want to put actives in my new guitar. i am looking to replace my bridge pickup in the cort to a passive, f-spaced humbucker. i need something that can play music such as all that remains, bullet for my valentine, killswitch, children of bodem... etc. what are your recommendations and why?
Kalo Hanaka
Kalo Hanaka
278 IQ
Dude, you don't need EMGs to sound metal... You could just as easily go for DiMarzio X2N if you want a high gain monster, or their Evolution pickups. Seymoure Duncan pickups might be what you need, but I don't really know anything about those.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
!-twisty-!
89 IQ
First thing most people will tell you is, get a new amp and then worry about fine details like pickups
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
gman128
78 IQ
dimarzio d activator, any other high output dimarzio, duncan - distortion, invader.
Kalo^^^^ is correct on not needing actives to play metal, the duncan invader is used by bands like Nile, A7X, and fyi both Children of Bodom guitarists use PASSIVE emgs
gman128
78 IQ
With your current amp, you'll want something that will push the preamp hard, so go for ceramic pickups from any of the major brands
andrerist
schecterguy
3,069 IQ
i already have actives on the schecter and like the tone im getting with the current amp, what im looking for is a similar tone but with a passive pickup that is compatible with floyd rose. i'm starting to lean toward the x2n but heard that it squeals at high volumes?
ZaphodBeeblebro
36 IQ
Are you seriously using a 250W transistor amp? Oo
Well, never the less... try tube amps...
andrerist
schecterguy
3,069 IQ
ya, i'd love a tube amp, how bout you go drop atleast $500 for a decent one thats big enough to play over a band. when you can figure that one out, lemme kno. otherwise im pretty content with only paying $250 for this one. the question isnt about the amp its about the pickups.
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
This forum isn't for discussing guitars/guitar accessories. Please use the appropriate forums for those topics. Thanks!